**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Stephen A. Just said on the Get Up that he’s hearing Kawhi is seriously considering the Lakers, and that the Clippers are extremely worried. He said he started hearing it last night, and that he hasn’t heard anything to this extent prior. Then again, it’s Stephen A.
Lol at Stephen A. Stopped reading there.

SAS is tight with Magic if nothing else. If you go back and watch that first take interview, just look at his face and reaction when Magic talks about how he thinks the Lakers will get Kawhi. It says everything..

When is the last time SAS actually broke news? He is a talking head and nothing more

What Team Will Kawhi Leonard Play For In The 2019-20 NBA Season?
Odds as of June 28 at Bovada

• Raptors -125
  • Clippers +190
  • Lakers +190
  • Knicks +3500
  • Nets +5000
  • 76ers +7500
Scary hours gents

I'll honestly be shocked if it doesn't happen.
You don't just come out of left field like we did with the incompetence, the whole trade/cap situation to not being mentioned at all in the Kawhi sweepstakes.

This has precise calculation written all over it, especially with how the news is trickling out.
It's obviously by design that Stephen A gets this news, this morning.
So later on on the Jump or SC, Woj can try to piggyback off this news with Ramona.

Kawhi made Raps his final meeting so he could tell them face to face he is bouncing, thats what you do.

and if it doesn't happen, we still going up scenario wise, things won't get worse for us

This season gonna be so lit

Look at where we were literally 2 months ago.
CRAZY

Sun is always shining on LA

Honestly, if we can get Russell at around $22m a year, that would be my ideal scenario.

Russell, Danny Green and TJ McConnell

everyone feeling the DLo energy i see.

I don't think he's the best free agent we can sign but I like alot of the scenario signing him can bring. If we can get him @ 22m, that would leave us $10m for another good role player and the room exception. I also like that Russell is young, still growing and will likely be here long after LeBron is gone. Also, he would clearly be the third wheel. I think if you signed Kauai it would be that tension of who takes the shots in the fourth quarter.

Vino
@VinoUncorked
Kawhi -> Lakers

- Pelinka has been in contact/friends w/ Kawhi's college coach
- Magic has been in contact w/ Uncle Dennis the past year
- LeBron has been in contact w/ Kawhi personally
- Rich Paul put an intern in New Balance last year who was drafted in the first round

Dot-to-Dot-Dog.jpg

can you elaborate more on this info:

- Rich Paul put an intern in New Balance last year who was drafted in the first round

Is Dlo past his knee issues from last few seasons?

Man, if we get Kawhi and AD together we straight for 8 years

I'm a bit concerned with the timing here. Lakers won't get a meeting with KL until Jul 2? Are they really going to risk missing out on other free agents? This could potentially blow in their face if Kawhi decides to go somewhere else.

If this man Kawhi win 3 chips with 3 different teams, 2 of which is his first year there, he'll be the GOAT.

Back
Top Bottom