**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

1FC5C908-2355-4E44-9800-E6007A2DD682.jpeg

As much as I want Kawhi, I think a more realistic scenario is he stays in Toronto on a short term deal to defend the chip with his teammates. Klay and KD most likely re-uppin with GSW for the max. People sayin Horford to Philly. That leaves Jimmy (and possibly a Vucevic or a Boogie) to the Clips. Bos is screwed, with or without Kemba. Hou is done. That leaves LAL with Uncle Drew.

But three years from now when a 30-something Kawhi is ready to come home and join AD and Kyrie in the purple-n-gold while Giannis tearing up the league by storm...

Downside to the news today is that we will be letdown if we don’t get kawhi. Even if we land d lo and another good player we will be sad, which is unfair. But hey swing for fences I guess

Downside to the news today is that we will be letdown if we don’t get kawhi. Even if we land d lo and another good player we will be sad, which is unfair. But hey swing for fences I guess

I mean we were never considered the favorite to get Kawhi so I wouldn't say it's a letdown. There's enough legitimate reason for it to make sense why he wouldn't.

Im less hopeful about kawhi seeing that our odds to land him have gotten progressively worse since the finals ended. (Currently got the same odds to get KD to put it in perspective lol).. Don’t think it’s all noise either. But if there is one player you can’t get a pulse on its kawhi so things could change with the meeting

But with that being said I think kyrie and Dlo are far more likely at this point. Reading between the lines of various people (LFR, cuffs, Mgrads etc) on Twitter it appears as such too.

Kawhi is the superior player but having a PG is very beneficial as well. And with DLo it preserves cash to get another serviceable starter. Prefer kawhi > kyrie > Dlo but can’t complain really.

At worst, the prodigal son makes his return and we can get another decent player or actually settling for Jimmy would be the worst. Offseason already is a A- by getting AD and keeping Kuz. We can't **** this up.

2B027530-6338-4FBA-B788-6A4E0B680164.png
Im less hopeful about kawhi seeing that our odds to land him have gotten progressively worse since the finals ended. (Currently got the same odds to get KD to put it in perspective lol).. Don’t think it’s all noise either. But if there is one player you can’t get a pulse on its kawhi so things could change with the meeting

But with that being said I think kyrie and Dlo are far more likely at this point. Reading between the lines of various people (LFR, cuffs, Mgrads etc) on Twitter it appears as such too.

Kawhi is the superior player but having a PG is very beneficial as well. And with DLo it preserves cash to get another serviceable starter. Prefer kawhi > kyrie > Dlo but can’t complain really.

Stephen A. Just said on the Get Up that he’s hearing Kawhi is seriously considering the Lakers, and that the Clippers are extremely worried. He said he started hearing it last night, and that he hasn’t heard anything to this extent prior. Then again, it’s Stephen A.

SAS is tight with Magic if nothing else. If you go back and watch that first take interview, just look at his face and reaction when Magic talks about how he thinks the Lakers will get Kawhi. It says everything..

Back
Top Bottom