**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Why cant lebron rework his contract so we can get some more players. You see Duncan, Dirk, and other people in the past playing for a discount to help the organization. This guy is almost a billionaire and will get paid out for the rest of his life. He should be focusing on his legacy and chase rings.

Why cant lebron rework his contract so we can get some more players. You see Duncan, Dirk, and other people in the past playing for a discount to help the organization. This guy is almost a billionaire and will get paid out for the rest of his life. He should be focusing on his legacy and chase rings.
You can’t restructure deals in the NBA. Only NFL

Lebron is already taking a discount because the CBA caps max salaries.

He should be making $70-100M and he never will reach that figure because the NBA middle class has to eat too.

I’m starting to realize how many nba “fans” are just super causal fans :lol:

I think he was just confused because you often hear a lot of talk about players taking less...that could be easily confused with a contract restructuring of some kind.

I mean I was in here a month ago displaying my lack of knowledge of the cap.

I've got Lakers season tickets and have been a fan of the game and played at a pretty high level... its not easy to understand the ins and outs of the cap and CBA as a fan.

He said rework contract
That’s not in and out of CBA or cap
That was never something you could do cuz nba contracts are much more guaranteed than nfl
No knock just sayin lol
Idk **** about all the cap and room exceptions and etc either

He said rework contract
That was never something you could do cuz nba contracts are much more guaranteed than nfl
No knock just sayin lol
I’ve heard Bay Area sports radio folks say this too lol

He said rework contract
No knock just sayin lol

I bet 90% of NBA players don't know that you can't rework a contract.

Let him live, lol...

Gotta give props to the Lakers for keeping a tight lip on everything since Magic resigned.

From the coaching search to the AD trade. Leaks have been pretty minimal. It seemed like the trade went down over 2 days with nobody knowing the details til it happened. Now with the whole “max slot” business they are keeping it quiet and everyone out

I bet 90% of NBA players don't know that you can't rework a contract.

Let him live, lol...

to be fair, LeBron and Chris Paul literally helped write the current CBA. I believe that during the last round of collective bargaining they were the heads of the players association so if there's a player who would know it would be LeBron.
that being said, the NBA has guaranteed contract for a reason and there's no benefit to add player reworking this contract (and also being part of a union, you don't want to set the precedent of taking less money)

Gotta give props to the Lakers for keeping a tight lip on everything since Magic resigned.

From the coaching search to the AD trade. Leaks have been pretty minimal. It seemed like the trade went down over 2 days with nobody knowing the details til it happened. Now with the whole “max slot” business they are keeping it quiet and everyone out
Only time **** gets leaked was when Ainge got involved lol

Reactions: DLF
to be fair, LeBron and Chris Paul literally helped write the current CBA. I believe that during the last round of collective bargaining they were the heads of the players association so if there's a player who would know it would be LeBron.
that being said, the NBA has guaranteed contract for a reason and there's no benefit to add player reworking this contract (and also being part of a union, you don't want to set the precedent of taking less money)

They have agents to handle the CBA comprehension.

All Rich Paul has to tell Bron is “boss, this works in our favor”. And Bron probably says something along the lines of “say less”.

And technically, you CAN restructure, but not take less money:

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/understanding-hardens-restructured-contract/

FWIW:

Patrick Ewing held a position similar to Paul and Bron in the players union in the 90’s and he can’t articulate a single point of the agreement reached in 1999.

So yeah, but no.

Assuming second rounders don’t count towards ur cap initially, would love if lakers buy a couple seniors.

I’m starting to realize how many nba “fans” are just super causal fans :lol:

This dude at my job told me he was a life long Laker fan 2 weeks ago. So this week he said "We gave up too many picks for AD, we coulda got Zion".

giphy.gif

This dude at my job told me he was a life long Laker fan 2 weeks ago. So this week he said "We gave up too many picks for AD, we coulda got Zion".

giphy.gif
Yeah there’s a lot of fans for sure
But there aren’t as many invested as us on here lol
Not all nba fans learn some of the other things to understand how everything functions

Back
Top Bottom