**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Like who tho? We pretty much know what everyone has to offer and what the Pelicans are looking for
Yea I dont think this will be a Kawhi or PG situation. Griffin doesn't seem like he's in a rush to compete. He wants young guys and picks to grow with Zion.

There are only a few team that have young talent and ready to pull the trigger for AD.

I've been trying to be objective and not look at things through a Lakers POV, but everything really is lining up for us.

Lakers crickets on draft workouts. Are they normally done publicly or is it up the team officials if those information goes out.

Anyone know if Pelicans are doing any workouts for any other prospects?

They've reportedly given Garland a promise at #4

I don't want Garland at all.
Dude shot 16% against Alcorn State in one of his few sample size games, all against trash teams.
USC who was a mess this year even gave him trouble.
He can be good and obviously has shown the skills but I don't know why people think he's such a sure thing

I don't want Garland at all.
Dude shot 16% against Alcorn State in one of his few sample size games, all against trash teams.
USC who was a mess this year even gave him trouble.
He can be good and obviously has shown the skills but I don't know why people think he's such a sure thing
1/6 with 7 rebounds and 4 assists in a 25 pt blowout win. Then gave liberty 33 the very next game.

He was seen as the top pg of this class before Ja blew up.

This isn't just about his 4 game college games.

Isn’t it unusual for drafted players to get traded weeks after they are picked? It’s kind of like a car...the minute the player gets picked the stock of that “pick” drops significantly. It’s almost like the idea of a “draft pick” gives you a feeling like said player can be the next superstar but when they get picked reality hits etc

Which begs the question: will we see a trade at the draft? I think so. If so, we basically giving up idea of signing a major superstar this summer. Not sure I ever seen free agency hit, player gets signed and then the team trades their top 5 pick first or second week of July, mid summer league (by then the player may be playing bad, lowering his stock)

Last player I recall is Wiggins but he was number 1 pick so he was super sought after

Funny thing is AD won’t even make an impact. He’s not a winner. He’s gonna resemble Kevin Love.

In spite of him.
Was 16/9 in the regular season
16/10 in the post season

His Career averages are 17/10 for reference.

He definitely helped until that finals series but he was getting cooked with all the switches. Most big men do with Golden State

Minnesota was a different ball game

Back
Top Bottom