**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

lonzo_air_ball_nets.gif

lonzo_brick_grizz_1.gif

lonzoff.0.gif

WelltodoHandmadeAiredale-size_restricted.gif

If Toronto wins it. I can see more teams willing to take the chance to take that leap. Even a team like the blazers may part with McCollum or something

Even if Toronto doesn't win it, I still think that the success of the Kawhi trade and the Paul George trade will make teams alot more willing to take risks. Remember when everyone said "there's no way that Paul George stays OKC" ? the Trunder didn't even win anything but he re-signed because he likes Russ and they can offer him more money. Trading for a player gives you an entire year to court him and usually players become friends. Any team in the league should be willing to trade for AD now that they see that this type of trade is working out. It's a copycat league. Who saw the Raptors trading for Kawhi?

Can you imagine Griffin trying to sell to the fan base that all they got was #4 and Kuz when just months earlier they could’ve had the whole farm?

Make no mistake, if they deal with us they will want the same deal we offered in February

Regardless of what happened with Kawhi and PG there's still only a handful of teams with worthwhile trade packages for AD. And that number is dwindling with the nets and Celtics and apparently clippers out the running. And regardless of what the Pelicans would want from the Lakers, that same point applies. We have the best offer available. Larry **** basically said it would be #4, a single asset (BI/Zo) and throw ins and that sounds about right. They're going to want the highest pick they can get from this draft, a PG and a wing for starters. No other team can beat us as far as I can tell. Griffin has also been reported to love the idea of a Jrue/Zo backcourt

Teams aren't gonna take that gamble, yes PG worked out... that's one vs how many other times?

Kawhi may possibly still leave & if he does it doesn't matter because the Raps were a vet team who had already reached their ceiling & would have blown it up anyway. In the Case of AD Griff wants young players & picks to go with Zion, how many teams are gonna give away a bunch of their young pieces and picks for a chance at trying to convince AD? Especially if your team isn't gonna be a legit contender after the trade.

I mean at this point who has more leverage tho?

Probably a dozen teams will throw offers at Griffin. Many of them believing they can woo AD to stay a la OKC and Paul George (or possibly TOR and Kawhi).

If they deal specifically with the Lakers, I just think because of the highly publicized “take our whole young core” offer, they will demand that same offer to save face with the fan base. Griffin will look like he got fleeced if he gets anything less than what Demps negotiated.

man I'm right back at the trade deadline with all this talk again.

The rollercoaster life of a Lakers fan man

Magic walking off the job could be the weakest storyline of the season come july or trade before/during draft

Don’t forget about us taking back Solomon Hill at trade deadline. I think that goes out the window now too. Pels goofed

I mean at this point who has more leverage tho?

I would say things are even between the Lakers & N.O right now. They know AD/Klutch wants him on the Lakers.... however as the months have passed their choices have started to dwindle.

- Boston was what they were banking on, Kyrie is leaving.... all there Lottery picks ended up being Lemons & Tatum's stock dropped to the point where him plus middle round picks aren't enough.
- NY Knicks have better picks, but a worse package of young players... not to mention they are completely reliant on whether KD goes there... If not i don't see them making the trade
- Nets with the trade they made yesterday are setting themselves up to try & outright sign two guys, they traded future first rounders & outside of Lavert/Allen they don't have cheap assets. the only way i see them being in the running is if D'Lo agrees to a sign & trade
- The Clippers are also dependent on whether or not Kawhi comes... If that happens, they could probably package Harrell, Gallo, Shamet & the heat pick... Only issue with that is 1) Gallo becomes a FA next year, along with Montrez who's gonna also wanna get paid.

Quite honestly the Lakers have the most complete trade package In terms of young cheap contracts & Picks. Not to mention if AD wants to come to the Lakers it puts extra pressure on teams trading for him.

What we need to hope happens:
- Kyrie leaves (looks like a foregone conclusion)
- KD either stays or goes to Brooklyn with Kyrie (eliminates Knicks from the sweepstakes)
- Kawhi stays in TOR (eliminates Clippers from the sweepstakes)
- DEN doesn't offer a compelling package (what we should be most fearful of)

Big issue is most of that won't happen until June 30th at the earliest and the draft is the week before. I'm hoping they have contingency plans in place and maybe the selection for draft night may give us a hint if this is going to be feasible or not. If Garland is the guy maybe you can either select him for the Pels if that's who they indicate they want or draft him as the replacement for Zo (if he's going to be in the trade package for AD). It would be really helpful if the order of FA and the draft were reversed this year lol.

I'm not worried about Denver in the least. AD is already not likely to stay there and they would have to gut their team and wouldn't have any picks to fall back on on top of not being a free agent destination. They're not even in the picture imo

Reactions: DLF
These trades seem to always involve some team from left field that nobody expected. Don’t assume there’s not some team on the low getting close to agreeing on a deal with AD right now

These trades seem to always involve some team from left field that nobody expected. Don’t assume there’s not some team on the low getting close to agreeing on a deal with AD right now

Like who tho? We pretty much know what everyone has to offer and what the Pelicans are looking for

How we feel about James Ennis?

Heard he opted out and wants to come home to LA? :nerd:

I'm not worried about Denver in the least. AD is already not likely to stay there and they would have to gut their team and wouldn't have any picks to fall back on on top of not being a free agent destination. They're not even in the picture imo

They wouldn't have to gut their team tho. Joker and Gonzo are the untouchables but everybody else is own the table.

They wouldn't have to gut their team tho. Joker and Gonzo are the untouchables but everybody else is own the table.

It would take Harris Murray Craig and Beasley at the least I would think. I just trade machined it :lol:. They'd be left with scraps and no commitment from AD. Would make sense for the pels but none at all for Denver

Lakers crickets on draft workouts. Are they normally done publicly or is it up the team officials if those information goes out.

Anyone know if Pelicans are doing any workouts for any other prospects?

Back
Top Bottom