**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

LeFranchisewrecker in full effect.

I think Luke would have actually performed better without Lebron. I think Luke would have grown better with the kids we had.

Another coach...yikes.

Thats what I’m saying

I would’ve taken another 2-3 years of developing the young squad we already had, but LA is so fixated on being a “star-attracting” team

We would’ve been decent/good if we just stuck to our guns and worked on the young core

Thats what I’m saying

I would’ve taken another 2-3 years of developing the young squad we already had, but LA is so fixated on being a “star-attracting” team

We would’ve been decent/good if we just stuck to our guns and worked on the young core

99% of us wanted a star, it just so happens the worst possible one actually decided to join and screw up the entire timeline.

Criiine

Lebron is going to insist on a coach that he can control. Smh. Does Klutch represent any coaches?

It was moving in the right direction until he made that fateful trip to Brentwood. Unknowingly nuked the entire organization that night.
**** always gets crazy when you go into Brentwood.
Kobe would be like the new pop as a coach
prob exactly what they need.

And Kobe prob one of the few dudes who Bron would actually take some basketball insight from
lord knows ty lue or luke ain't it :lol:
Wouldn't work Kobe is going out to UConn scouting the team as his daughter gets older. If he coached it would be like Bob Knight in those practices. I think he will certainly throw some players under the bus in the media if they try and show their ***.
Doc I’d be down for...seems to know how to coach stars and young players
Doc that hasn't done anything in the west, and got lucky in the east. A box of raisins could have coached that team to a ring.

Kobe would be a terrible coach tbh. In fact any former player who was remotely decent would most likely be trash

The reason is because these athletes have an innate ability that is hard to teach. What made them successful was that they possessed some elite level athleticism or skills that other players simply don’t have. They could dominate simply by being great.

The best coaches are the white dudes who had no athleticism and had to rely on an entire offense functioning cohesively in order to defeat the teams with superior athletes. This means they played within a system, understood concepts, and couldn’t play selfishly. These things are teachable and applicable to any offense. Plus the progress of analytics has helped too. Former players disregard analytics because they “played the game” and know what they’re doing. Non athletes utilize analytics because they are trying to gain any advantage possible.

Now imagine having that foundation and having top tier athletes playing within that scheme?
But Scott Skiles was horrible though, so you saying we need John Stockton coaching the Lakers?
Throw the bag at coach K
You think he isn't getting the bag in NC, dude pays for nothing. Basically a god walking around NC to come to LA and be brushed past like some nobody.

But Scott Skiles was horrible though, so you saying we need John Stockton coaching the Lakers?

You think he isn't getting the bag in NC, dude pays for nothing. Basically a god walking around NC to come to LA and be brushed past like some nobody.
Nah Skiles was solid for a few years in the league. Put up 18pts 9 assists. ****** like Kidd and Nash don’t have elite athleticism but have other skills that made them elite players. They’d be MVP candidates on any team.

I’m talkin straight up career bench players who barely played or didn’t even make the league. In fact the best tactical coaches are the ones who barely even played college ball.

There’s a reason why in the modern NBA/NFL very few former players who were decent translate to great coaches.

Mark Jackson is Klutch for real? Aw damn lol

I mean he’s better than Luke but idk bruh loll

Nah Skiles was solid for a few years in the league. Put up 18pts 9 assists. *****s like Kidd and Nash don’t have elite athleticism but have other skills that made them elite players. They’d be MVP candidates on any team.

I’m talkin straight up career bench players who barely played or didn’t even make the league. In fact the best tactical coaches are the ones who barely even played college ball.

There’s a reason why in the modern NBA/NFL very few former players who were decent translate to great coaches.
So this guy.
usa_today_9850846.0.jpg

Doug Gottlieb :rofl::rofl:
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/doug-gottlieb-1.html

who do you guys want as the next head coach?

John Calipari.

He blew his shot with the Nets a long time ago. He didn't know how to manage millionaires at that point. I think he knows where he went wrong in trying to treat Pros the same way he did college players at UMASS, Memphis and Kentucky.

He's charismatic, gets the finer points of the game and anybody that has ever played for him is immutably loyal to him. A player's coach through and through.

Obviously Bron would have to be on board but I think Cal would work wonders for Kuz, BI, Zo and Hart, assuming they're still around for the regime change.

I don't think bringing in Ty Lue despite his lakers ties does much as far as developing the youth. But I bet he gets the job.

And in the spirit of due diligence, they should at least calll Rick Pitino and see what's up. 1% chance that his authoritarian style would work, but he's one of the best coaching minds ever and has NBA experience.

Damn, I'm heated about the probable Luke firing... At the same time, things aren't working out for him or his coaching staff. I almost want a half measure where they install new assistants and keep Luke. Who the hell are they gonna hire anyway? Mark Jackson is whack, he'll just last a season or two, same as Jason Kidd. I'm tired of these re-tread coaches that only coach well until they wear out their welcome. Then Lebron is just gonna continue down that coach killing path until he retires and the Lakers will take on another coach and start the whole process over again. At the same time, the Lakers job will always be appealing, so there's no shortage of coaching talent.

I don't know, maybe I'm being too loyal, but I feel like Luke got dealt a bad hand. |l

John Calipari.

He blew his shot with the Nets a long time ago. He didn't know how to manage millionaires at that point. I think he knows where he went wrong in trying to treat Pros the same way he did college players at UMASS, Memphis and Kentucky.

He's charismatic, gets the finer points of the game and anybody that has ever played for him is immutably loyal to him. A player's coach through and through.

Obviously Bron would have to be on board but I think Cal would work wonders for Kuz, BI, Zo and Hart, assuming they're still around for the regime change.

I don't think bringing in Ty Lue despite his lakers ties does much as far as developing the youth. But I bet he gets the job.

And in the spirit of due diligence, they should at least calll Rick Pitino and see what's up. 1% chance that his authoritarian style would work, but he's one of the best coaching minds ever and has NBA experience.
Well you know the players would be happy with Rick around, having strippers for the guys after every win. Cal does create some nice players after college, I think of Duke players after college. A lot flounder after and flame out the league.

Back
Top Bottom