**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Unless the Warriors dont make him a max offer, which I have a hard time believing they wont do (I feel like they'll make it work), why would he want to leave the Bay?

He's living the dream out there. He looks genuinely happy to be a Warrior and be living in the Bay. Dont see it.

giphy.gif

Unless the Warriors dont make him a max offer, which I have a hard time believing they wont do (I feel like they'll make it work), why would he want to leave the Bay?

He's living the dream out there. He looks genuinely happy to be a Warrior and be living in the Bay. Dont see it.
U answered your own ?

Imagine you grow up a die hard Laker and Kobe fan. Wouldn’t it be a dream to someday put on that purple and gold and play for your lifelong favorite squad?

It’s only if they don’t offer him the max (assuming KD stays and they have to pay Dray next summer)

But I’d run game on Klay.
Warriors been openly fawning about acquiring Unibrow for like 2-3 years now. How do you think they would’ve made that happen? I’m speculating that they were hoping to package Dray and Klay for Unibrow. I’d throw that in Klay’s face. It wouldn’t work but I would try :lol:

So GSW walks to a 3-peat and 4 outta 5 this June.

Boogie needs money.
KD needs money
Dray next year.
Klay.

I believe they'll let Boogie walk. But offer KD the full Max.

That's our shot at Klay. We sell him on Bron/Brow and if he and Boogie leave, Steph/KD won't have enough. That's the pitch.

Thing is, if we have Kyrie, Kawhi, Klay all interested, which do we take? (Crazy that Kawhi might be 3rd whether he TRULY wants us)

Boogie needs money.
KD needs money
Dray next year.
Klay.

That's our shot at Klay. We sell him on Bron/Brow and if he and Boogie leave, Steph/KD won't have enough. That's the pitch.

Thing is, if we have Kyrie, Kawhi, Klay all interested, which do we take? (Crazy that Kawhi might be 3rd whether he TRULY wants us)

Which ever one takes less than the max. It’s prolly gunna be kemba lmao.

Boogie needs money.
KD needs money
Dray next year.
Klay.

Really surreal to think about it. Warriors would have been a Kyrie 3 away from winning 5 in a row :wow:

Really surreal to think about it. Warriors would have been a Kyrie 3 away from winning 5 in a row :wow:

Maybe. If Kyrie doesn't hit that 3, Durant probably never shows up. So no real way to know if it was truly possible. Kyrie 3 might have been best thing for GSW, weird as that sounds.

After agent Rich Paul of Klutch Sports told ESPN on Monday that he had informed the Pelicans that Davis wouldn’t sign an extension this summer and wanted a trade, multiple league sources expect the agent and star to soon deliver word throughout the league that Davis preferred destination is the Lakers and he’ll become a rental player until 2020 with a trade anywhere else.

It would be an attempt to depress offers in the marketplace, a way to perhaps make the Lakers’ trade package more appealing.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25874557/pelicans-rush-anthony-davis-deal-overwhelmed

Honestly don’t think a trade happens by the deadline. We hype for nothing.

Ideal scenario is AD tanks his trade value so the lakers don’t need to bid against many teams... also in theory trading for AD next offseason or by the next trade deadline should mean the price tag will be considerably cheaper. Perhaps by next deadline we can get away with forcing them to take Ingram.

Who knows.. but no need to trade for AD this season. Let his value plummet and get a better deal later on

Not sure why this isn’t working, but on Woj’s IG he has an interesting bit of info about Klay and how possible it is he lands on the Lakers.

Last edited:
What a power play by Klutch and Davis.

Still don't think the Pelicans trade him before the deadline though.

What a power play by Klutch and Davis.

Still don't think the Pelicans trade him before the deadline though.

I’m with you butBrad Turner said 80% chance he’s traded by the deadline and 80% it’s to the lakers so who knows :wow:

Back
Top Bottom