**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If they come out and say it the Lakers and nobody else, Pelicans would be dumb to hold on to him.

But that's the only way and if that happens, I bet they will holler tampering and try to find a way to block the trade ala CP3.

Yeah a trade before deadline is more than likely not happening, this year isn't suppose to be the Lakers push anyways. Everyone kept saying it is next year anyways, so meh just focus on the young core and trying to raise Ingrams stock and Lonzo. :smh:

Sadness they don't want Ingram. :smh:

If it gets to summer, we can't beat Boston's offer. Magic has to push in now, or risk another George/Kawhi scenario.

Risky.

This is where I draw the line. We literally wouldn't be able to field a team if we give up 5 players for AD. Nick is tripping
FB_IMG_1548772834867.jpg

I’m not taking any long term contracts back. Solomon Hill would remove you from free agency next summer.

Yeah, Magic and Rob might have to say **** it and give up everything and get AD. You got Lebron and AD, 2 top 7 players in the league and go from there. Still got cap space to sign another big name.

I hope the team doesn’t **** the bed tonight.
I don’t expect them to win and I know the rumors are ******* with their heads but just be competitive.

I almost want another team to swoop in and trade for him. Could potentially be the best case scenario

Nah we'd still have to end up making a similar deal. They're going to want to recoup whatever they gave up initially for him.

Nah we'd still have to end up making a similar deal. They're going to want to recoup whatever they gave up initially for him.

Yeah they can want to but they'll have less than zero leverage especially if we end up with a max guy this summer. That would make us contenders even without AD and the Lakers would be perfectly fine waiting for him to hit free agency

Here’s what Woj said about Klay last night on sports center:

Woj just be saying anything nowadays. He throws a lot of **** against the wall, even outright contradicting himself sometimes. This past summer he said Kawhi was cool playing for the Lakers even after LeBron signed. Then the next day it was he doesn't want to and prefers the clippers

Yeah they can want to but they'll have less than zero leverage especially if we end up with a max guy this summer. That would make us contenders even without AD and the Lakers would be perfectly fine waiting for him to hit free agency

Can't take that risk and it's kinda counterintuitive at this point. We wouldn't even be perusing him with the fervor they are going to if we were confident about free agency this summer. That report coming out last week about the Lakers being open to add a 2nd superstar now was no coincidence.

Can't take that risk and it's kinda counterintuitive at this point. We wouldn't even be perusing him with the fervor they are going to if we were confident about free agency this summer. That report coming out last week about the Lakers being open to add a 2nd superstar now was no coincidence.

It wouldn't be much of a risk if we have another max. Which report?

It wouldn't be much of a risk if we have another max. Which report?

I'm saying they have pivoted from waiting for free agency because the rumored guys (Kawhi, Klay, Kyrie, etc.) aren't sending the back channel signals that they'd be willing to come with just Bron being here. That might change if AD is already in the fold.

The initial plan of waiting until summer 2019 is no longer in play. Bron is running the Lakers now.

Back
Top Bottom