**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Glad you noticed

TNT commentator was talking about how lazy of a player Dlo can be. Lazy passes and nonchalant shots. Straight up disappointing. 

This is literally most of the roster.
laugh.gif

Lazy on offense and defense. Turning the effort on and off.
And who is the supposed leader on the floor who's main role is to set the tone for the rest of the team since he has the ball in his hands damn near half the time initiating the offense and guarding the other team's best guard? DLo, that's who.

If DLo played with some fire, if he played fearlessly, if he played hard 100% of the time on each possession, I can almost guarantee you that this type of mindset would be infectious and the rest of his teammates would follow suit.

But that ain't happening.

So why they ain't play hard when he was out? If he's THE problem.
laugh.gif

I know you troll but you can't blame one dude for everybody else playing half ***. Makes no sense.
Who said they didn't play hard when he was out? Heck, they played even harder when he was out, and that was against tougher teams. We got worse when he came back 
laugh.gif

And when did speaking my mind about how disgusted I am with the DLo and how he's leading this team turn into trolling? 

You know damn well he's underachieving big time, considering he's a number two pick.

Everybody deserves blame from Mitch and Jim on down. It's not all on D'Lo he's trying to find his way, but the scrutiny will be there. Nowhere to hide for anyone, can't use Byron and Bean as the scapegoats anymore. Time to preform.

At this point, even though DLo is our best point guard still, we will probably have to move him to SG in the future and get a PG that can make the offense more efficient
And don't say Calderon could do it, he's too old and injury prone to make such a difference now

He gets some of the blame, but there's a lot of things that are not on him...

1. Team is really bad offensively when he goes out... Lou & JC are not good distributors.. Or at least JC was for like 20 games as a rookie, but no longer is.

2. Also we're not a good shooting team, in order to get ASTs team must score

3. We're a team of a lot of streaky shooters... Nick, Lou, JC, DLo... All have streaky nights. That impacts things plenty. 2 of which are the guys he passes to most...

For every lazy pass Russell turnover, there is a good pass that the guy he was passing to just completely blows and can't catch that leads to a turnover on Russell.. 1 I remember specifically was to Deng that was right there, and would have been an easy layup in the first and it went untouched out of bounds for a Russell turnover.... Or he gets Deng wide open for a 3 in the corner, and he misses. Or Mozgov under the hoop and he misses.. Or a wide open Nick 3 that misses. Or Randle taking 3 extra dribbles instead of just going straight up with his shot.

Deng & Ingram's lack of shooting prowess has really hurt the offense as well, in that they shoot below average from the field & three.... Russell's shooting woes have been more apparent since coming back, but is at least helped by the fact that he's above average from 3.

Last edited:
Everybody deserves blame from Mitch and Jim on down. It's not all on D'Lo he's trying to find his way, but the scrutiny will be there. Nowhere to hide for anyone, can't use Byron and Bean as the scapegoats anymore. Time to preform.
I'm still waiting on Jim to step down. Those three years are up.

Who said they didn't play hard when he was out? Heck, they played even harder when he was out, and that was against tougher teams. We got worse when he came back :lol:

And when did speaking my mind about how disgusted I am with the DLo and how he's leading this team turn into trolling? 

You know damn well he's underachieving big time, considering he's a number two pick.

Yeah you definitely trollin :lol:

At this point, even though DLo is our best point guard still, we will probably have to move him to SG in the future and get a PG that can make the offense more efficient
And don't say Calderon could do it, he's too old and injury prone to make such a difference now

1. Team is really bad offensively when he goes out... Lou & JC are not good distributors.. Or at least JC was for like 20 games as a rookie, but no longer is.

3. We're a team of a lot of streaky shooters... Nick, Lou, JC, DLo... All have streaky nights. That impacts things plenty. 2 of which are the guys he passes to most...

For every lazy pass Russell turnover, there is a good pass that the guy he was passing to just completely blows and misses that leads to a turnover.... Or he gets Deng wide open for a 3 in the corner, and he misses. Or Mozgov under the hoop and he misses.. Or a wide open Nick 3 that misses. Or Randle taking 3 extra dribbles instead of just going straight up with his shot.

Deng & Ingram's lack of shooting prowess has really hurt the offense, in that they shoot below average from the field & three.... Russell's shooting woes have been more apparent since coming back, but is at least helped by the fact that he's above average from 3.
Nah I'm not blaming DLo on the team losses
But I'm saying that if our team wants to be a playoff winner, we gonna need to shift DLo into the SG spot
He's best as the combo guard where he doesn't have to distribute every time
If he actually got to play with a legit PG, it would play up to DLo's strengths of being a spot up shooter

For every lazy pass Russell turnover, there is a good pass that the guy he was passing to just completely blows and can't catch that leads to a turnover on Russell.. 1 I remember specifically was to Deng that was right there, and would have been an easy layup in the first and it went untouched out of bounds for a Russell turnover.... Or he gets Deng wide open for a 3 in the corner, and he misses. Or Mozgov under the hoop and he misses.. Or a wide open Nick 3 that misses. Or Randle taking 3 extra dribbles instead of just going straight up with his shot.

Deng & Ingram's lack of shooting prowess has really hurt the offense as well, in that they shoot below average from the field & three.... Russell's shooting woes have been more apparent since coming back, but is at least helped by the fact that he's above average from 3.
56th in the NBA in 3 point % (about 37%) is not above average. It's average. Cousins shoots better from downtown than DLo.

Other than this, I agree with most of your other points.

Nah I'm not blaming DLo on the team losses
But I'm saying that if our team wants to be a playoff winner, we gonna need to shift DLo into the SG spot
He's best as the combo guard where he doesn't have to distribute every time
If he actually got to play with a legit PG, it would play up to DLo's strengths of being a spot up shooter

I agree and disagree.... Don't think he needs to be moved to SG.... I think he should have the ball most of the time, setting up and running the offense...

But the team needs somebody on the perimeter who can distribute the ball even if it's off the bench.

Nick, JC, Lou, Deng & Ingram can't...

Not even a single player starting or on the bench that can distribute the ball... As you've noted Calderon doesn't count, nor does Huertas.

Last edited:

Who said they didn't play hard when he was out? Heck, they played even harder when he was out, and that was against tougher teams. We got worse when he came back 
laugh.gif

Yeah you definitely trollin
laugh.gif
The fact that's the best response you can come up with is evidence that you, my friend, are the troll.

For every lazy pass Russell turnover, there is a good pass that the guy he was passing to just completely blows and misses that leads to a turnover.... Or he gets Deng wide open for a 3 in the corner, and he misses. Or Mozgov under the hoop and he misses.. Or a wide open Nick 3 that misses. Or Randle taking 3 extra dribbles instead of just going straight up with his shot.

Deng & Ingram's lack of shooting prowess has really hurt the offense, in that they shoot below average from the field & three.... Russell's shooting woes have been more apparent since coming back, but is at least helped by the fact that he's above average from 3.
Idk, DLo has a very similar play style to Harden that makes me think that the role he is given isn't optimizing his development
I will agree that our team is very streaky doe and most of our players have little court vision

Who said they didn't play hard when he was out? Heck, they played even harder when he was out, and that was against tougher teams. We got worse when he came back :lol:

Yeah you definitely trollin :lol:

The fact that's the best response you can come up with is evidence that you, my friend, are the troll.

View media item 2280718

56th in the NBA in 3 point % (about 37%) is not above average. It's average. Cousins shoots better from downtown than DLo.

Other than this, I agree with most of your other points.

Indicates his shooting woes since coming back..

First 12 games before the injury he was at 39% with 6.4 per game...(Game in Chicago is an outlier game, he shouldn't have played that game at all) Since coming back 35.6% on 5.0.

There's something still there tentatively with him... Maybe he doesn't want to push it too much... But in the scheme of things, we're better with him than without him

Last edited:
Idk, DLo has a very similar play style to Harden that makes me think that the role he is given isn't optimizing his development
I will agree that our team is very streaky doe and most of our players have little court vision

Doesn't mean you can't have him play SG at times.... But I think he at least needs a good majority of his minutes where he has the keys..

Last edited:
True but imo last season tank circus has affected their development. 

Besides not getting more time with the basketball I don't see what could have affected them

:lol: @ us being a playoff team with Russell at SG might as well consider the pick wasted

Besides not getting more time with the basketball I don't see what could have affected them

:lol: @ us being a playoff team with Russell at SG might as well consider the pick wasted

He's always been for of a 2 that has been forced to play PG even at tOSU. He's still learning the position. He has good vision, but his instincts are to score first.

He's always been for of a 2 that has been forced to play PG even at tOSU. He's still learning the position. He has good vision, but his instincts are to score first.
Ditto

Doesn't mean you can't have him play SG at times.... But I think he at least needs a good majority of his minutes where he has the keys..
And he's the only guy I trust now to be floor general, although he's doing only an ok job
Lou is only good at creating his own shot and Clarkson has a vision cone of Vick back at madden 06, huertas is a huge defensive liability, and Calderon is hurt
Sigh

Last edited:
His SG tendencies aint rly helping the team. Young,Clarkson, and Williams play SG better than he does so it be more of one step forward two steps back

Lakers might as well go full tank mode so they can lock up Markelle Fultz or Josh Jackson. I prefer Fultz though.

Well 1 thing he is, is a lightning rod :lol:
Beginning of the season was all flowers n roses. Then it gets ugly when you go through something ...sorta how life works :lol:
Everybody has to calm down. People done went bat **** crazy in here :rofl:
Let's all take a breather, get some rest, reconvene tomorrow? Eh? Eh?? Lol

There's ups n downs. Don't jump ship or lose faith a mile after the ship leaves the dock. This is still the 1st TRUE year of the rebuild. We knew this was gonna be a tough road.

Oh yea... GoLakers.

Last edited:
His SG tendencies aint rly helping the team. Young,Clarkson, and Williams play SG better than he does so it be more of one step forward two steps back
He rarely plays as a 2, so we don't know what he's capable of if he were to take on the scoring role, but he's above average on spot up statistics and plays better defense than Lou and Clarkson

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom