**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Our third and second year players aren't looking like bonafide superstars a third into the season... lets trade them all because their bust :lol:

This thread is ridiculous at times.

Kuzma is one of the worse defenders in the league while BI is one of the best. Everyone has flaws relax

Our third and second year players aren't looking like bonafide superstars a third into the season... lets trade them all because their bust :lol:

This thread is ridiculous at times.

you're oversimplifying it. It's not that they're not looking like stars, its that they don't even look like they're trending in that direction. Giannis and Paul George had lackluster rookie seasons but they both showed a steady upward trajectory on their way to stardom. BI is in his 3rd season and has one good game every other week. Has he ever had 2 good games in a row? He'll have one good game where it looks like he's putting it together and then he'll go right back to making the same mistakes.

It's all good, he's only 21 though.

I'll give Zo more time but its frustrating that he hasn't improved his FT shooting at all.

Last edited:
If

you're oversimplifying it. It's not that they're not looking like stars, its that they don't even look like they're trending in that direction. Giannis and Paul George had lackluster rookie seasons but they both showed a steady upward trajectory on their way to stardom. BI is in his 3rd season and has one good game every other week. Has he ever had 2 good games in a row? He'll have one good game where it looks like he's putting it together and then he'll go right back to making the same mistakes. It's all good, he's only 21 though.

I'll give Zo more time but its frustrating that he hasn't improved his FT shooting at all.

dogs what are you talking about, he's in his THIRD year yes he's inconsistent, that's usually the case with young players. Not to mention he's now the second/third option behind one of the most ball dominant players in the league. And he's already a pretty good defender. Just because Ingram isn't KD, Lebron, Rose good by his third year doesn't mean he's anything close to a bust. He's developing just fine.

Ingram Comparisons.PNG

I want to say, these kids don't have it but I've seen so many All-Star/All NBA caliber players break out just when you thought they couldn't get any better. Kyle Lowry, Stockton and Steve Nash were late bloomers. I'm still very high on Lonzo sadly though, I think he'll eventually be traded and flourish under a different jersey.

Yes they all have flaws, but with Zo it’s the most frustrating because it’s open jumpers, open layups, open free throws.....CLANK after CLANK after CLANK

Sorry I can’t just sit there and watch him build a brick castle and think “oh well at least his defense is good”

You gotta make a good percentage of wide open shots regardless of age and experience

Ratsull definitely ain't getting a max deal and Randle playing for peanuts. If we were at the same point with those guys they would face been busts as well. Keep crying over spilled milk.

Ratsull definitely ain't getting a max deal and Randle playing for peanuts. If we were at the same point with those guys they would face been busts as well. Keep crying over spilled milk.
What is his max?

I am not giving Lonzo the bust title yet, however looking at his current play and his trajectory off his play he is going to be one. However putting in that work over the summer can certainly alter that trajectory. The problem is his current play is showing he isn't putting in that work on the offense level.
***** shut yo tianna g username head *** up

J Kidd never scored a lot. Steve Nash was scoring 14pts for damn near half his career.

**** u mean trajectory? If u look at his development arch he is already well on his way to future all star considering he didn’t even have a offseason.

Y’all ****** buggin

J Kidd never scored a lot. Steve Nash was scoring 14pts for damn near half his career.

**** u mean trajectory? If u look at his development arch he is already well on his way to future all star considering he didn’t even have a offseason.

Y’all *****s buggin
J Kidd managed to get 17 a night in year 2
and was recognized as one of the best PGs
in the game by age 22-23

J Kidd managed to get 17 a night in year 2
and was recognized as one of the best PGs
in the game by age 22-23
We’ve seen Zo as the #3 option without LBJ being able to muster up 15ppg. As a #1/2 option he’d put up 16 easy. The shot is complete *** though. But when you consider dude didn’t have legs for the entire offseason then he has a legit excuse. BI ain’t got an excuse. The offseason is the time you tinker with your mechanics. Zo didn’t have that. More so than points I just wanna see him convert easy opportunities and be efficient. If that’s 12 points on 8 shots I’ll take it if it comes with everything else. At worst he’s a PG draymond which is still great

I don’t got nun personal against BI. But by any conceivablly decent metric he grades poorly. Like damn near rather have josh Jackson over this dude

What does Josh Jackson do better than BI?
Nothin.. but that’s not saying much. People are enamored with BI potential. People are still clinging on to the false dream of him being the next KD. So ****** is blinded. And because he a frail long ***** ****** think he deserve like 5 years to put weight on and then he’ll ball out. He’s been towards the bottom of the league in terms of impact based on RAPM, PIPM. Zo at least graded well last year and is trending up this year although he’s been slightly negative. But so has Mitchell, Tatum, Murray etc. err body beside fox

Y’all *****s buggin

If this is the future of the Lakers franchise, I'm gonna be sick.

If this is the future of the Lakers franchise, I'm gonna be sick.

Come on b. You better than that. He locked Russ *** up. And was dishin. When he went out the thunder went on a run.

Y’all act like this is the finished product. I don’t get why nobody understands he will improve. He’s shown more improvement this year finishing at the rim than BI or Kuz has shown in any category ... what’s stopping him from further improving with a full offseason?

The Lakers were up late and almost beat the best defensive team in the league without Lebron, Rondo and Kuz. I was actually really encouraged by the performance yesterday lmao.

Reading reactions around twitter / the internet, you would’ve though they got dog walked by 50.

This is a journey!!! Enjoy the ride. Love seeing the younger players get their chance to develop, prove themselves and grow.

This **** on Pelinka and Magic smh. What the hell were they watching during Zo's individual workouts. They drafted a brickmason with the 2nd pick. Anytime Zo scores it feels like an accident. It's disheartening to watch especially in this Era of basketball with all the elite PGs that can shoot or score in this league. Our starting PG can't shoot, can't finish, and scared to drive and take contact because he can't hit a FT. I'm rooting for him but :ohwell::smh:

This **** on Pelinka and Magic smh. What the hell were they watching during Zo's individual workouts. They drafted a brickmason with the 2nd pick. Anytime Zo scores it feels like an accident. It's disheartening to watch especially in this Era of basketball with all the elite PGs that can shoot or score in this league. Our starting PG can't shoot, can't finish, and scared to drive and take contact because he can't hit a FT. I'm rooting for him but :ohwell::smh:

For real, that's when I knew Zo was trash. Anytime the ball goes in the hoop I'm like "wow, look at that". I don't care if its a lay-up, free throw or a three pointer. My expectations for him have fallen so low that I get hyped when he scores in any way.

Back
Top Bottom