**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The Lakers were up late and almost beat the best defensive team in the league without Lebron, Rondo and Kuz. I was actually really encouraged by the performance yesterday lmao.

Reading reactions around twitter / the internet, you would’ve though they got dog walked by 50.

This is a journey!!! Enjoy the ride. Love seeing the younger players get their chance to develop, prove themselves and grow.
BI was hooping in that 3rd, we were up 4 going into the 4th. Had a few bad break to start the 4th, PG tookover, BI ran out of gas. Svi even showed more flashes (and made another defender fall).

Not a surprising loss at all.

Only complaint was Zo not being out there to help defensively. And PG is a BAN.

The Lakers were up late and almost beat the best defensive team in the league without Lebron, Rondo and Kuz. I was actually really encouraged by the performance yesterday lmao.

Reading reactions around twitter / the internet, you would’ve though they got dog walked by 50.

This is a journey!!! Enjoy the ride. Love seeing the younger players get their chance to develop, prove themselves and grow.

God bless you being here man. :lol: :smokin

My fear was seeing Billy leave in Russ/PG/Adams (heh, he doesn't stagger his stars eh?) all the way thru the 3rd, knowing he was going to rest them in the 4th, and have them fresh the last 6-7 minutes.

Our only chance to win was to boat race their bench to start the 4th, but as short handed as we were, who was going to do that? Ingram tried, but it was hitting him. Zo wasn't. Hart was off all night. Zu/Svi were our freshest bets. Maybe if KCP could have kept it hot, that might have worked.

Once the OKC 3 were coming back tho, it was inevitable. Sucks to let one go like that, but Kuz goin down was really unfair in tryin to steal one like that. Completely different game if he could have been out there for the 4th.

Nothin.. but that’s not saying much. People are enamored with BI potential. People are still clinging on to the false dream of him being the next KD. So *****s is blinded. And because he a frail long ***** *****s think he deserve like 5 years to put weight on and then he’ll ball out. He’s been towards the bottom of the league in terms of impact based on RAPM, PIPM. Zo at least graded well last year and is trending up this year although he’s been slightly negative. But so has Mitchell, Tatum, Murray etc. err body beside fox
I might have Laker blinders on, but is Kuzma one of the only sophmores playing well?
Come on b. You better than that. He locked Russ *** up. And was dishin. When he went out the thunder went on a run.
What good is locking a player up when you have to be taken out in the fourth because you are a liability at the free throw line. I get it he is unfinished I am giving him another year but he will be graded tough like Ingram. He needs to make a significant jump for his third year. Kuzma needs to make a jump but his is more along the defensive end and more consistent shot. I am not crushing the kid but so much would be solved if he was just aggressive. Attack the basket.

He's been attacking the basket a lot more just not finishing as well or obviously converting the free throws.

He's been attacking the basket a lot more just not finishing as well or obviously converting the free throws.
He was MIA last night, almost like he forgot he is the PG not Ingram. Got the ball and immediately passed it back, he needs to assert himself. I get it Lebron is on the team you are differing, Rondo is on the team you are differing, Lance on the team sometimes he differs to him, however Ingram on the team. Naw BI I got this, I am running the offense. Lance also sometimes look bruh I got this chill.

“Will the lakers trade for AD?”

Why do people think one team can just bully another into trading their best player to them. Like, people act like there’s an offer from pels for our core and we are in drivers seat to decide if we want it or not. Lol

Same with kawhi and PG13.

If Kuz is out I wonder what Luke will do, can go really small and start Hart and KCP or go big and start Mo

“Will the lakers trade for AD?”

Why do people think one team can just bully another into trading their best player to them. Like, people act like there’s an offer from pels for our core and we are in drivers seat to decide if we want it or not. Lol

Same with kawhi and PG13.
Sigh this is the case with 85% of LeBron fans, teams are just going to trade good players to him just because. Teams want something back they deem equal value or a plus in their eyes.

He was MIA last night, almost like he forgot he is the PG not Ingram. Got the ball and immediately passed it back, he needs to assert himself. I get it Lebron is on the team you are differing, Rondo is on the team you are differing, Lance on the team sometimes he differs to him, however Ingram on the team. Naw BI I got this, I am running the offense. Lance also sometimes look bruh I got this chill.

*defer

But ya, Zo talked pre draft about how the Lakers need a leader at the PG position. He said he’s that guy. Where is that leadership?

Man...

These injuries are killing us.
Looking more and more like a dog fight to get that 8th spot. I just think about all those new Laker fans since Lebron joined who thought a 4th seed was a sure thing. Things don't just luck up and happen like that in the west. Getting a foot in the door in the east is not the same in the west. Not getting into the east and west, who is better debate. However looking at the standings you need some luck and a lot of wins to make the playoffs in the west.

We would be a 3-4 seed right now if Lebron didn’t get hurt. I think we can go on a nice run second half of the season if we have a full squad ......almost at the halfway point......yikes

We would be a 3-4 seed right now if Lebron didn’t get hurt. I think we can go on a nice run second half of the season if we have a full squad ......almost at the halfway point......yikes
We would be a 2 seed with the injuries if we made our free throws. However we would drop once the injuries came to maybe a 5/6 seed.

It's a travesty that the Lakers don't employ a shooting coach. We were one of the worst three point and free throw shooting teams last season and this season we're dead last worst free throw shooting by a mile and we don't employ a shooting coach?

How do we expect these guys to get better? After last game, all Luke said regarding the poor free throw shooting was that there was a sign up sheet to shoot more free throws after practice. We're not even taking steps to get better. :smh:

It's a travesty that the Lakers don't employ a shooting coach. We were one of the worst three point and free throw shooting teams last season and this season we're dead last worst free throw shooting by a mile and we don't employ a shooting coach?

How do we expect these guys to get better? After last game, all Luke said regarding the poor free throw shooting was that there was a sign up sheet to shoot more free throws after practice. We're not even taking steps to get better. :smh:
Sign up sheet, he making it seem like it is an option. DAMN that everybody shooting free throws. Shooting coach. Jesus the various shooting forms on this team is incredible. Hart, LeBron, McGee, Rondo, Ball, Ingram. All of them have different forms, KCP probably has the best form hence his higher percentage.

damn one more week until he's re-evaluated?! That's 5 games.......we might just win one of them. I guess it depends on Kuz being healthy.

Knicks - maybe a win
@ Min - loss.
@ Dal - loss
Detroit - maybe a win
@ Utah - loss

Man. Injuries suck. But it’s not just us. Easy to say if we weren’t injured.

Steph was out
cP3 out and Houston started off real slow.
All relative.

Back
Top Bottom