**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

bless the thread wit a video if u a real one
9C436317-62EB-4F92-886F-E70DCF07EE6D.gif

Game was probably worst officiated game against the lakers this season.

6 more fouls. 14 more FT attempted. Literal fundamental close outs were being called. Three 3pt free throws from minimal contact. Should get some goon to lay someone the eff out with their Ginobili euro flop.

Biggest play was the lebron no call down 2 to DeRozan layup.

DeRozan had 14 pts off free throws. That lady ref and the bald dude were def suspect in their calls. On to the next one, hope Luke gets a fine for this game cuz those refs are a disgrace.

Also pts in the paint lakers 58-Spurs 48.

Last edited:
Demar had 3 less attempts than our entire team. It was a disgrace. It'll be tough to bounce back tonight but will show a lot of character if they do.

He still can't hit shots to save his life. 5 for 16 last game:sick:
The most important thing is the 16. Zo is becoming more aggressive. He should and could have hit 3 more shots quite easily. He had a couple gimmies at the rim that got blocked or he simply bricked. He’ll learn by trial and error and fine tune his game accordingly to better finish at the rim. If he can go 7-15 nightly and do everything else he does that would be great

The most important thing is the 16. Zo is becoming more aggressive. He should and could have hit 3 more shots quite easily. He had a couple gimmies at the rim that got blocked or he simply bricked. He’ll learn by trial and error and fine tune his game accordingly to better finish at the rim. If he can go 7-15 nightly and do everything else he does that would be great
This

So many of his games where he misses 1 or 2 gimmes that would have bumped his fg% up to 45 to 50 percent.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. the only reason that he took this many shots is because Ingram wasn't playing, if BI is in the lineup, Zo would be back to his usual self, going 1 for 6 with 3 pts. he needs to learn how to be consistently aggressive.

Also, those shots that you say he could have easily hit or the same shots he misses every game. He misses bunny layups and gers blocked at the rim every single game. We've been watching it for over a year now and he's not getting any better at them either.

I don't hate the kid, I hope he gets better but offensively it seems like he's regressed.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. the only reason that he took this many shots is because Ingram wasn't playing, if BI is in the lineup, Zo would be back to his usual self, going 1 for 6 with 3 pts. he needs to learn how to be consistently aggressive.

Also, those shots that you say he could have easily hit or the same shots he misses every game. He misses bunny layups and gers blocked at the rim every single game. We've been watching it for over a year now and he's not getting any better at them either.

I don't hate the kid, I hope he gets better but offensively it seems like he's regressed.
It is no coincidence all of our best lineups in terms of net rating exclude BI. We are far better suited relegating BI to the bench which makes our offense much more dynamic (this a differ debate though). When Zo is the 4th (maybe 5th) option with BI in the lineup, it is hard to fault him for only taking 5-6 shots a game. But I do agree he should be taking the shots with confidence when wide open. But this isn’t an extra 7-10 shots a game. Maybe a couple. So still only 5-10 shots for Zo which is not enough.

And contrary to popular belief, Zo hasn’t regressed. He’s actually improved in several areas. Considering he had zero offseason to work on his game I think that’s a positive outcome. I do expect him to Continue to improve as well

Back
Top Bottom