**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I was here when this happened. Funny how LeBron is now on the team and Dslow ain’t.

giphy.gif
I always kinda thought this was intentional :lol:

Reactions: God
Definitely sliding to Staples tomorrow then.
Would be shocked if he didn’t play all except maybe 1 preseason game. They need chemistry and he knows it. Let’s pray Walton has an idea of what he wants to do by the end of it.

Anybody with a pulse knows our line up should be

Starters
Zo/Hart/Ingram/Lebron/Javale

Hart is a better shooter than KCP. Can finish in transition better. And can handle the ball a bit better.

Bench
Rondo/KCP/Svi/Kuzma/Zubac

The 3 should be split between Beasley and Svi. Lance ideally should see minimal minutes. This unit gives you a terrific ball handler who can set the offense up in half court and break down the defense. Kuzma and Svi are perfect catch and shoot types. Svi has demonstrated some ball handling ability as well. KCP only allowed to shoot when wide open and can provide effort on defense. Hopefully Zubac doesn’t continue to be the white Kwame brown with the ball and plays with Quando like he did wit Zay

I think Luke will end up playing Lance more than he should. And he’ll likely start KCP over Hart.

Last edited:
Man, I wish we would've kept Randle instead of signing Beasley and Stephenson

Felt like Randle wanted that long term deal. Him signing that 1+1 deal was to say f u to Laker brass. Even if we gave that deal to him we probably wouldn’t have a shot at giving another max deal for next offseason.

Felt like Randle wanted that long term deal. Him signing that 1+1 deal was to say f u to Laker brass. Even if we gave that deal to him we probably wouldn’t have a shot at giving another max deal for next offseason.

The league said F U to him cause I don’t remember seeing teams lining up to give him a long term deal. His ace in the hole was Dallas and they went with DJ early

I’ve been saying Zu is not good.

He’s still young but I think that losing the weight actually wasn’t good for him.

Zu isn’t it. He’s too slow, and he still can’t catch. He might stick around for the time being simply b/c we don’t have many Centers on the squad.

Rondo is PERFECT FOR LA.
Can't believe this season is happening.
It's been an ugly struggle from 2011 til today...
UGLY.
But we're still here and that makes it so much sweeter
when we play in the Finals next season.

My expectations are high this season too, 50 wins and winning 2 Playoff series.
Gonna be a bumpy first half of the season folks.

There’s definitely going to be rough patches this season, and I’m actually looking forward to his the team responds during those difficult situations.
this is exactly what I'm curious to see this season. How the team would handle all the early criticism and losing a bunch of games.

Rotations are gonna be a MESS the first quarter of the season. It is Luke after all.

Rewatched the highlights this morning. Rondo is the pg that Lebron needs. Lebron is the person to help BI get to the next level, they play off each other beautifully. The only issue I noticed is our inside presence and rebounding. We gave up way too many o rebounds and post d is sus.

^
Rondo and Lebron or Rondo and Zo or Bron and Zo BOTH on court would always make our offense easy.
BI, Ku and Svi just need to knock down those shots.

Defense really is bad to start, but the effort is there early on at least from the starters. Lance, Bease, Kuz, Zo, Bron, KCP are all good individual defenders. Gotta work on that team D.

^
Rondo and Lebron or Rondo and Zo or Bron and Zo BOTH on court would always make our offense easy.
BI, Ku and Svi just need to knock down those shots.

Defense really is bad to start, but the effort is there early on at least from the starters. Lance, Bease, Kuz, Zo, Bron, KCP are all good individual defenders. Gotta work on that team D.
Ya they need better double penetration.

Rewatching first quarter and man. Talk about erratic. I know you wanna play fast but they are literally sprinting with the ball and wasting energy.

I’m telling you, Lonzo is the key cog to all this.

All the Zu hate.......I thought we were supposed to wait until age 25 to judge a player, at least that’s what people said about D’rat

Back
Top Bottom