**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I think rondo can be a real positive. I had doubts about his leadership before but now he seems like he's got it. The fact that they swapped Randle for rondo makes it a bad move overall as of today tho. Lance is playoff tested durable and tough, 3 things tyreke evans maybe isn't even tho he's the better player. Best case he doesn't even play and Hart/kcp/svi get all the minutes. McGee I have no expectations, shoulda kept Brook and gave Lance and McGee's money to rondo. Regular season should be a breeze but will probably get exposed in the playoffs where I think Randle and Brook's skills could've really been used

i thought the rondo acquisition is brilliant.

a. it gives the lakers an experienced playmaker with a winning pedigree.
b. he’s a tremendous mentor for young player, especially for ZO.
c. his presence will allow lebron to focus on scoring and defense.

I haven't liked anything we've done in free agency after signing LeBron. We lost Randle, we overpaid KCP, we could've signed Boogie but didn't and we prioritized McGee and Stephenson over Brook. I'm neutral on Rondo.

That KCP deal was all part of the Lebron decision. Best believe Rich Paul called the shots on that KCP deal.

Reactions: DLF
That KCP deal was all part of the Lebron decision. Best believe Rich Paul called the shots on that KCP deal.

Totally. Rich Paul and Klutch totally botched KCP's. Detroit offered him $80m last season and he turned it down because he wanted more so he signed a one-year 'prove it's deal in the hopes that he could get near the max this offseason. Obviously that didn't work out and now he's back with us for $12m this upcoming season.

DC9123CD-438A-4C16-92D9-42E4618FCC86.png

No thanks to Frye.

The thing with possibly retaining brook was that he could’ve signed a 1 year deal then given a multi year deal next summer while holding his bird rights ...iirc. A 5 who can hit from
3 would be a great compliment to the ball handlets we have on the squad

Wonder if us letting Brook go means we see a lot of small ball lineups with a combination of lbj, Kuz and BI up front ...

Lbj strong enough hold his own against 7 footers

McGee will have 3 fouls in the first half for at least 45 games

Melo/VC are the only players I’d love see go to GSW to get a ring. Everyone else can still get a ring the old fashioned way

Forget the fact Brook would have been a great fit to play next to Lebron :lol:

Yes we have Lebron... doesn’t mean we can’t be critical of the FO

Ya'll dudes could have Brook, Larry Bird, Dirk, whatever big man shooter and still find a way to be critical about something. You're not gonna get a picture perfect off-season. Losing Brook Lopez ain't worth complaining about. :lol:

dawg when u replace him with javale mcgee it is...

Brook can play, he tuff around the rim on D, gritty, got good IQ and can hit that 3...he shot it better than zo and bi last year. I gave brook his dues all year, been watching him and his bro since stanford days.

javale doesnt give you much beside his length and motor...he's not a high minutes guy either.

So as of right now, we thin at the 5. Just because we have LJ doesnt mean we can just settle for a mediocre squad and expect him to carry us to the WCF

Back
Top Bottom