**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Woj just said on ESPN that the mistake the Lakers made with Paul George was taking for granted that he would sign in free agency. Now y'all don't want to learn from that same mistake and want to do the same thing with Kawhi (whose a much better player that PG)?

Let’s say our guys stay relatively healthy and win 45-48 games next season.... would it be crazy to think Kawhi would just sign here?

Woj just said on ESPN that the mistake the Lakers made with Paul George was taking for granted that he would sign in free agency. Now y'all don't want to learn from that same mistake and want to do the same thing with Kawhi (whose a much better player that PG)?

Nope.

Asking price is too high.

Nobody will regret not trading for George when arthritis takes him out of the league at age 31 like Brandon Roy.

Kawhi's health is a question mark. Don't mortgage the future on an injury risk.

Getting Lebron would be enough for now.

That ***** PG a lick straight up

I’m sure we wasn’t about to offer dude a 4 year max so he just chased the money with okc. And now tryin to akt like unfinished business. **** outta here *****

Hope his idol Kobe Bryant calls him a ***** and tells him he ain’t welcome back in LA and to never claim it again

I'll say this for the last time: "Kawhi isn't just walking here next offseason". call George was hell-bent on being a Laker a year ago and now he resigned with Oklahoma City. Obviously, players minds can change within a year. Kawhi is a top 5 player who can help us attract other stars. Make the trade ASAP

The Lakers have been trying to make the trade. The issue is the spurs are a very disciplined organization. They are not panicking here. They know what they’re dealing with. The longer the Lakers wait, the worse off it’ll be. Spurs could just play Kawhi, have him perform and that’ll just drive the price right up. Especially if they’re struggling with LeBron on the team. People just don’t seem to get that.

Sixers and Celtics have the upper hand here. They play out east and could give a better package if things open up.

Lakers May very well up with Boogie when it’s all over. Not so bad imo, as long as his body holds up. Downside is, the guy is 250+ lbs Center that moves outside. Achilles injuries are no joke. It took out Kobe and a lot of other mobile players.

LebronHasMoreFinalsMVPs

641318CA-0852-44D5-8086-C5227D0EC5BE.gif

Let’s say our guys stay relatively healthy and win 45-48 games next season.... would it be crazy to think Kawhi would just sign here?

First of all, we're not winning 45 games next year. Probably closer to 40. Hope I'm wrong though.

Also it's not crazy to think Kawhi will sign here but we literally just saw the consequences of taking for granted that players will just walk here. You run the risk of losing them all together.

The Lakers have been trying to make the trade. The issue is the spurs are a very disciplined organization. They are not panicking here. They know what they’re dealing with. The longer the Lakers wait, the worse off it’ll be. Spurs could just play Kawhi, have him perform and that’ll just drive the price right up. Especially if they’re struggling with LeBron on the team. People just don’t seem to get that.

Sixers and Celtics have the upper hand here. They play out east and could give a better package if things open up.

Lakers May very well up with Boogie when it’s all over. Not so bad imo, as long as his body holds up. Downside is, the guy is 250+ lbs Center that moves outside. Achilles injuries are no joke. It took out Kobe and a lot of other mobile players.
I understand that you've done quite well for yourself financially and might have good insight when it comes to finances. But your basketball takes suck.

Kawhi has already started that (1) he wants to go to LA (2) he will not step foot in the spurs facility. He's already held out for half a season basically.

The only worry is if a team gives up valuable assets without assurance or if the spurs like the clippers deal more.

rather roll with the kids than trade the farm for kawhi. after what happened to the knicks and melo, let the chips fall as they may.

First of all, we're not winning 45 games next year. Probably closer to 40. Hope I'm wrong though.

Also it's not crazy to think Kawhi will sign here but we literally just saw the consequences of taking for granted that players will just walk here. You run the risk of losing them all together.

PG is living proof of losing a player who’s expressed interest of going to a destination and then changing his mind in favor of money.

I understand that you've done quite well for yourself financially and might have good insight when it comes to finances. But your basketball takes suck.

Kawhi has already started that (1) he wants to go to LA (2) he will not step foot in the spurs facility. He's already held out for half a season basically.

The only worry is if a team gives up valuable assets without assurance or if the spurs like the clippers deal more.

PG expressed interest to go to LA as well. Look what happened.

I know you want Kawhi to the Lakers, but this is a bad spot for your guys.

Let’s be honest here. Celtics and Sixers could give better packed if things open up. Kawhi is going to play if he’s not traded before season starts.

Spurs FO is disciplined and smart. They’re not going to send him to a direct competitor. He’s going east. Especially if the Sixers include Flutz and Celtics include Brown and that pick. Lakers youth isn’t going to be much of an attraction unless they play lights out. Which they might when LeBron is there. So there’s some hope.

I haven’t said anything that’s unreasonable or a strong possibility. Don’t be made of my statements don’t favor your teams success.

If the celts or 76ers have better deals why wouldn't they just make the deal now?

Because they’re waiting as well. It’s a game of chicken everyone. Why doesn’t anyone understand that? They don’t want to make a deal giving up players they don’t want to. The urgency hasn’t set in yet. Spurs have the leverage here. If Kawhi has a NTC then that would be different all together.

It’s not so hard to understand.

If the celts or 76ers have better deals why wouldn't they just make the deal now?

the 76ers and the Celtics can offer better deals but maybe they haven't yet. There's also the medical portion of things. Kawhi has been going to his own doctors so he can force his way to to LA by just refusing to reveal his medical status to any team other than the Lakers or Clippers. no team is going to give up anything for player that they haven't gone through their medical checks with.

Also, Kawhis representation structure is different than most players. He doesn't have an agent that teams have dealt with in the past.

PG is living proof of losing a player who’s expressed interest of going to a destination and then changing his mind in favor of money.

PG expressed interest to go to LA as well. Look what happened.

I know you want Kawhi to the Lakers, but this is a bad spot for your guys.

Let’s be honest here. Celtics and Sixers could give better packed if things open up. Kawhi is going to play if he’s not traded before season starts.

Spurs FO is disciplined and smart. They’re not going to send him to a direct competitor. He’s going east. Especially if the Sixers include Flutz and Celtics include Brown and that pick. Lakers youth isn’t going to be much of an attraction unless they play lights out. Which they might when LeBron is there. So there’s some hope.

I haven’t said anything that’s unreasonable or a strong possibility. Don’t be made of my statements don’t favor your teams success.
That's exactly what I said. Our worry is if philly or Boston gives up major assets, or if they prefer the clippers offer. Not if the spurs hold him hostage for the whole season, as you suggested. That's bad business and plays right into our hands. I really don't see how that benefits the spurs at all.

Spurs have some leverage at this moment, but it could all be flip flopped in an instant.

the 76ers and the Celtics can offer better deals but maybe they haven't yet. There's also the medical portion of things. Kawhi has been going to his own doctors so he can force his way to to LA by just refusing to reveal his medical status to any team other than the Lakers or Clippers. no team is going to give up anything for player that they haven't gone through their medical checks with.

Also, Kawhis representation structure is different than most players. He doesn't have an agent that teams have dealt with in the past.

When you have your uncle running your deals, things like this will happen. But at the end of it all, if Boston or Philly rolls the dice and tries, Kawhi will have to go in for that physical. It's all a game of chicken. Unfortunately for the league, the Spurs are one of the smartest teams. Like i've said before, if Kawhi had a NTC in his contract, things would've played out VERY differently. He would've ended up in LA by now. Spurs have the upper hand here.

Can anyone remember a time when the Spurs actually made a bad move or misstep? I can't think of one. I don't see them doing it now either. Philly or Boston is going to sweat, especially if one of them makes a move.

PG staying with OKC opened things up as well. It proved to everyone in the league that you must try and roll the dice. Anything can happen in a year. We just witnessed it tonight.

That's exactly what I said. Our worry is if philly or Boston gives up major assets, or if they prefer the clippers offer. Not if the spurs hold him hostage for the whole season, as you suggested. That's bad business and plays right into our hands. I really don't see how that benefits the spurs at all.

That's what I'm saying. We need to make a trade soon. If he gets traded to Boston or Philly, that team is going to the First, the East is weak. Do you really think he is going to leave a team that he led to the Finals or won a title with?

and if he gets traded to the Clippers, he would already be in LA, and I don't see him leaving the Clippers to take less money from the Lakers next offseason.

I know it sucks, and I like Ingram and kuzma but you need to make that trade.

Back
Top Bottom