**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Because they’re waiting as well. It’s a game of chicken everyone. Why doesn’t anyone understand that? They don’t want to make a deal giving up players they don’t want to. The urgency hasn’t set in yet. Spurs have the leverage here. If Kawhi has a NTC then that would be different all together.

It’s not so hard to understand.
They're going to take the best offer they can get of course, but it still will be pennies on the dollar. Boston is not giving up brown or Tatum, philly might give fultz who may or may not know how to shoot anymore.

That's not leverage, that's just seeing which offer is not as terrible as the rest.

When you have your uncle running your deals, things like this will happen. But at the end of it all, if Boston or Philly rolls the dice and tries, Kawhi will have to go in for that physical. It's all a game of chicken. Unfortunately for the league, the Spurs are one of the smartest teams. Like i've said before, if Kawhi had a NTC in his contract, things would've played out VERY differently. He would've ended up in LA by now. Spurs have the upper hand here.

Can anyone remember a time when the Spurs actually made a bad move or misstep? I can't think of one. I don't see them doing it now either. Philly or Boston is going to sweat, especially if one of them makes a move.

PG staying with OKC opened things up as well. It proved to everyone in the league that you must try and roll the dice. Anything can happen in a year. We just witnessed it tonight.

I don't think the Sixers or the Celtics would agree to a trade before knowing his medical status. Esspecially without assurances that he will resign. Maybe that's just me though.

The only Spurs misstep I can think of was reciting Pao Gasol to a bigger contract and he deserved last season.

That's exactly what I said. Our worry is if philly or Boston gives up major assets, or if they prefer the clippers offer. Not if the spurs hold him hostage for the whole season, as you suggested. That's bad business and plays right into our hands. I really don't see how that benefits the spurs at all.

How would they hold him hostage? He's obligated to play for the team he's under contract with. He's not obligated to like it.

What's to say the Clippers don't give up the house and future picks for Kawhi? Spurs wouldn't do it? Kawhi still gets to go to LA.

It's not a good spot for the Lakers right now. A lot of pieces fell in unfavorable places for the Lakers too. I can see them giving up a lot of Kawhi now--Godfather deal.

It's not worth it IMO. Roll with LeBron, have him make the youth look great. Then go back and try again. It's not that hard here. There's a chance you could lose him, but thats the reality of the situation.

Did I say anything here which is invalid or farfetched?

That's what I'm saying. We need to make a trade soon. If he gets traded to Boston or Philly, that team is going to the First, the East is weak. Do you really think he is going to leave a team that he led to the Finals or won a title with?

and if he gets traded to the Clippers, he would already be in LA, and I don't see him leaving the Clippers to take less money from the Lakers next offseason.

I know it sucks, and I like Ingram and kuzma but you need to make that trade.
I dont think Boston is giving up brown or Tatum so they can't beat our offer. Philly is debatable. Still think Ingram is the best young prospect they can get.

They're going to take the best offer they can get of course, but it still will be pennies on the dollar. Boston is not giving up brown or Tatum, philly might give fultz who may or may not know how to shoot anymore.

That's not leverage, that's just seeing which offer is not as terrible as the rest.

Last part needs to be bolded.

How would they hold him hostage? He's obligated to play for the team he's under contract with. He's not obligated to like it.

What's to say the Clippers don't give up the house and future picks for Kawhi? Spurs wouldn't do it? Kawhi still gets to go to LA.

It's not a good spot for the Lakers right now. A lot of pieces fell in unfavorable places for the Lakers too. I can see them giving up a lot of Kawhi now--Godfather deal.

It's not worth it IMO. Roll with LeBron, have him make the youth look great. Then go back and try again. It's not that hard here. There's a chance you could lose him, but thats the reality of the situation.

Did I say anything here which is invalid or farfetched?

Clippers don't even have anything to give up. Boston and Philly to this point have hist done low ball offers. And won't up the ante unless Kawhi has a change of heart and decides to commit to resign to them.

Again, your perspective is bias. It's certainly leverage when you have the player they want and can send him anywhere they please. If Philly offers Saric, Covington, Fultz and picks you don't think the Spurs are taking it?

If Celtics off Brown, Rozier and Kings pick you don't think thats better? Certainly not pennies to the dollar man :lol:

I don't think the Sixers or the Celtics would agree to a trade before knowing his medical status. Esspecially without assurances that he will resign. Maybe that's just me though.

The only Spurs misstep I can think of was reciting Pao Gasol to a bigger contract and he deserved last season.

OKC traded away young players for a PG13 who didn't give them that assurance either. Look what happened.

First of all, we're not winning 45 games next year. Probably closer to 40. Hope I'm wrong though.

Also it's not crazy to think Kawhi will sign here but we literally just saw the consequences of taking for granted that players will just walk here. You run the risk of losing them all together.

So you’re saying our players being healthy and getting better is only good for 5 games?

They made a smart draft night trade with no GM. Brett Brown is their interim GM.
Easier to trade draft assets than actual players under contract

Unless it comes from ownership Brett Brown ain’t doin ****. Flipping one of like 6 second round picks is much different than parting with Fultz, Saric and other such players

Again, your perspective is bias. It's certainly leverage when you have the player they want and can send him anywhere they please. If Philly offers Saric, Covington, Fultz and picks you don't think the Spurs are taking it?

If Celtics off Brown, Rozier and Kings pick you don't think thats better? Certainly not pennies to the dollar man :lol:

OKC traded away young players for a PG13 who didn't give them that assurance either. Look what happened.

Rise up out our thread homie

some of yall suicidal over missing PG.

At least wait for Bron's decision before jumping off the bridge.

some of yall suicidal over missing PG.

At least wait for Bron's decision before jumping off the bridge.

True pg overrated af ofcourse we would take him if he chose us but ingram and kuzma already nearly as good as him. Hes a ***** for all that la talk he did tho. We need the real stars lbj,boogie n kl

Dq0wMAC_d.jpg

4kbqgos6ta711.jpg

FnK6rAh.jpg

So Luol Deng...If they can't trade him (very likely) do you prefer waive+stretch him, or holding onto him until next summer when he's expiring or waive+stretch him then?

Guess the Lakers want even more shooting from their bigs. My guess is Lopez still desired then.

$7,362,000 for 5 years of stretch now
$6,000,000 for 3 years if stretched next year.

I think the honest bet is to wait regardless now. Never know what can transpire in 12 months.

Well if they can't trade Deng as part of salary filler for an All-Star, maybe they do what the Nets did with Mozzy. Find a team that is pushing against the tax (Hornets) and take back a larger annual salary that is on an expiring contract (Howard). Not sure who's realistically out there besides Denver (Chandler+Faried combo?).

no point in stretching him if since we’re not signing 2 max guys and looking to keep randle

At this point, with no lebron
You bring back everyone and “run it back” “ Unfinished business”

Maybe find a solid back up 1

Lakers still getting LeBron

With the rest of the money he’s gonna get his rich paul players paid.

We maxing Noel. Brining kcp back. 3 of our starting 5 will be rich Paul players.

Back
Top Bottom