**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If Celtics not giving up Tatum or Brown not sure why we’d have to give up BI
Cuz kawhi will not resign with them and we have to trade players Cuz everyone needs to get paid eventually we can't afford all these good players

Whats the pro/con or difference between a trade and using a stretch provision?

Trade completely removes his salary but would require more assets to get completely rid of him (players & picks).

Stretching him requires no assets to reduce his salary but it still counts against the cap.

Trading Deng instead of stretching him could mean that we have a change at a 7.5 million player to go with the Big 3?

Do it.

What if Philly facilitated the deal to get LeBron out of the conference? or any Eastern team for that matter.

If Im Toronto, Philly, Boston, Indy, Milwaukee, Washington to be the 3rd team in the deal. I'm answering calls to make it happen.

I feel like I am the only 1 not enamored with getting LeBron. Now do not get me wrong he is the best bball player on earth and I am sure I will get over it. But with LeBron everything changes. EVERYTHING will be about Bron. I am not sure how much I can take that in all things Laker land. Luke has built a system on ball movement and I feel like when James gets here it will turn into him holding the ball and directing traffic instead of a natural flow. I do not believe at this stage of his career he can play a GS type motion offense where he is moving and the ball isn't in his hands.
I was taking great pride in the development of our young guys man. And for everyone to be gone for Bron, PG and Klaw ionno it just feels cheaper not as authentic.
Like people moving to LA as adults and not actually growing up here. It's hard to explain.

Like I said I am sure I will get over it, I just think I wont be as excited about it because like I said with Bron everything will be about him in all aspects of the franchise. Kawhi is a mute and PG will just be happy to be here and ionno man....

Oh and there is a reason Lonzo's name isn't being brought up in anything. That should really let him no how he is looked at in the leagues far as talent goes. I am just hoping we somehow can keep BI (I doubt it). I think he will be VERY special.

I feel like I am the only 1 not enamored with getting LeBron. Now do not get me wrong he is the best bball player on earth and I am sure I will get over it. But with LeBron everything changes. EVERYTHING will be about Bron. I am not sure how much I can take that in all things Laker land. Luke has built a system on ball movement and I feel like when James gets here it will turn into him holding the ball and directing traffic instead of a natural flow. I do not believe at this stage of his career he can play a GS type motion offense where he is moving and the ball isn't in his hands.
I was taking great pride in the development of our young guys man. And for everyone to be gone for Bron, PG and Klaw ionno it just feels cheaper not as authentic.
Like people moving to LA as adults and not actually growing up here. It's hard to explain.

21619563-standard.jpg

Like I said I am sure I will get over it, I just think I wont be as excited about it because like I said with Bron everything will be about him in all aspects of the franchise. Kawhi is a mute and PG will just be happy to be here and ionno man....

Oh and there is a reason Lonzo's name isn't being brought up in anything. That should really let him no how he is looked at in the leagues far as talent goes. I am just hoping we somehow can keep BI (I doubt it). I think he will be VERY special.

E68BE267-CACF-42BA-AE94-095B49594893.gif

Lonzo's value around the league is diminished almost entirely because of Lavar.

Because you're acquiring Kawhi freaking Leonard. Y'all can't be serious with this.

Am I missing something? Is there some rule that says WE have to trade for him?
Let another team mortgage their future and we’ll scoop him up next season like we’re about to do PG.

Y’all letting these reports get to your head

Am I missing something? Is there some rule that says WE have to trade for him?
Let another team mortgage their future and we’ll scoop him up next season like we’re about to do PG.

Y’all letting these reports get to your head

if we scoop PG and LBJ only other way to get Kawhi is via trade during the season....we won't have cap space to sign him next offseason.

My thoughts for the most part

Lets say hypothetically if Lebron and co do the impossible and win a chip, what is everyone gonna be saying?

“Oh y’all only won cause y’all built a superteam, took the easy way out”

Then you have the “i’m a fan of lebron” crowd, that will migrate over

Idk how people still respect lebrons antics, he’s gearing up to bail on his hometown again, like my dude just ride off into the sunset in your own city

When the “big 3” leave us, we’d be set back a good 5-6 years, then we go back to the “2 years away” convo we’ve been saying since 2011

I rather build our young core and they will get better over time, damn near guarantee, once they’re “on”, we’ll be good for a long while, not just this temporary “win now” attitude

Yea I’m salty idc

24D7A6EB-8760-44C6-A92D-F4AB00502942.gif

if we scoop PG and LBJ only other way to get Kawhi is via trade during the season....we won't have cap space to sign him next offseason.

I think everyone understands this... I just don’t think it’s necessary for us to have all three of those guys.
And we could always make a move at the deadline when SAS becomes real desperate.

Maybe I’m just silly and think our players will be better than the rest of the sell the farm crew

Back
Top Bottom