**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Why would the Dubs trade Klay to a team inside their own division?

Your own teams success > another teams success in your division

Most teams won't even trade for Klay since he probably won't commit to re-sign with them

Okc didn't want to pay KD, Russ, and Harden all the max so they traded Harden for Kevin Martin and some other pieces, it is going to be similar

ShabbyVeneratedBonobo-size_restricted.gif

I really don’t understand why people are so upset about this trade. Lakers did a great job.

Is there a world where we package this 1st rounder with Deng and open up space to sign Randle too?

Why would the Dubs trade Klay to a team inside their own division? Idk man I just don't see it.

Magic isn't trynna wait until 2019 either. U heard his comments today. He wants to win ASAP.

Can't everything literal. They been saying lately they're preparing for this summer and 2019.

I really don’t understand why people are so upset about this trade. Lakers did a great job.

Is there a world where we package this 1st rounder with Deng and open up space to sign Randle too?

Exactly, we were looking to move Clarkson anyway and this is one of the best trade scenarios we could have made, we even got a 1st rounder out of it.

We could actually use the stretch provision on Deng and it would allow us to re-sign Randle while still having space for 2 max slots

I like the deal for both LA and CLE

we get cap space, first round pick, more playing time for Hart and Kuz, no more time for Ennis.....and we get some perimeter shooting......not bad

So they're just gunna let him leave for free? They'll resign Klay to the super max and then trade him when they have to resign Dray or they'll resign Klay and let dray walk.

Dubs are too smart to let Klay leave for nothing.

Didn't KD just take a cut?
Wouldn't be surprised if he take less again just to keep the squad (they basically gonna win again this year) nd they got a couple players they can cut to even out.

Hate to see JC go but it's a good trade. Haven't seen IT play since the injury but the upcoming schedule look good 2 me but maybe I'm optimistic

Didn't KD just take a cut?
Wouldn't be surprised if he take less again just to keep the squad (they basically gonna win again this year) nd they got a couple players they can cut to even out.

KD didn't necessarily take a cut, he just opted into his player option instead of signing a max multi year deal
KD is making 25-26m/yr right now and is eligible for probably 40-45m/yr
Klay and Draymond are getting around 18m/yr and will be eligible for probably 40-45m/yr also
These guys will be taking 100m pay cuts EACH over 4-5 years to stay together
(this is just an estimation lol)

Joe Lacob doesn't have Steve Ballmer type money to be paying quarter billion in luxury taxes every season

gonna be interesting to see how the boys play tonight with two of their boys gone

does bryant get some pt?

People are sad to see Nance go but I haven't seen anyone who thinks it's a bad trade for LA

Reactions: God
Stretch Deng sign Randle and lIke magic said if we strike out than just keep adding pieces to our core...it's a win win

I’d be excited either way if we get the FA we want but it would mean a little more if we got to watch this young core grow and they bring us home a championship

Randle is gone.

Dallas or some other team will offer him a max contract this summer.
Ya I hope we can keep Randle on a cheap (like 15 to 18 mil range) but highly doubt it. He's getting a max from the Mavs.

Back
Top Bottom