**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

How the D Lo fans feel about him getting flipped for the Kuzma pick in hindsight?
legit curious
this again...
oh-brother.gif

It's been stated time and time again that Kuzma still would've been there.

The trade was Dlo & Moz for Hart, Bryant & Lopez

The answer to if it was a good or bad trade won't be solved until the summer. Good if the Lakers get 2 max players. Bad in any scenario that they don't.

with Ball playing point, Luke being a young coach that players like plus the talent that we have...
Free Agents definitely thinking about LA...
For sure we're getting a big name player at least one.

It's been stated time and time again that Kuzma still would've been there.

The trade was Dlo & Moz for Hart, Bryant & Lopez

The answer to if it was a good or bad trade won't be solved until the summer. Good if the Lakers get 2 max players. Bad in any scenario that they don't.

I disagree. It’s also a good trade if he becomes a player with off and on knee issues, especially if he gets a max or near max deal and the team is stuck paying a player with chronic knee problems

The person who brought up the discussion of the Dlo trade was not a Dlo fan so lol @ "y'all still mad about the trade." Nobody was even talking about it before bruh posted about it, but jokes >>> :rolleyes

I think it’s naive to assume magic and rob didn’t weigh all the consequences. It appears they believed that striking out in free agency is still better than having Dlo here. And his on court talent is offset by his off the court shortcomings.
They talked about work ethic, leadership and culture change so it seems like that also played a part in trading him. Signing KCP was weird though because it’s bad for the culture but appeases Rich Paul. (Pipe dream anyways that Lebron comes)

Reactions: God
I disagree. It’s also a good trade if he becomes a player with off and on knee issues, especially if he gets a max or near max deal and the team is stuck paying a player with chronic knee problems

In my eyes, It's never smart to give up on 21 year old 2 pick too early. Plus, if they were really concerned about his knees (which is a legit concern), they wouldn't have to sign him to a near max contract.

Y'all see how Kris Dunn has turned into a potential star? People (including myself) were ready to write him off and send him to Europe/the d-league last summer. Now look.

I'm not here to play armchair GM, but Dlo/Ingram/Tatum/Kuzma/George/Randle would've been a fantastic core to go forward with.

If I was deadset on trading him, I would've held off until I really knew that we could get 2 Max contracts, but whatever, what's done is done and I'm not really interested in talking about Dlo anymore.

Last edited:
what are the ACTUAL chances that Bron signs with LA? I'm thinking absolutely zero.

As much as I don't want it to happen if they get swept by GS I think it's a serious possibility. I think there's some back channel stuff going on.

As much as I don't want it to happen if they get swept by GS I think it's a serious possibility.
Even then or ESPECIALLY then, I don't see him going to the Lakers at all.
He's good in Cleveland. Not trying to kill dreams here but there's just no way.
Too much hype in LA, opportunity to retire in your home state, image will most
likely take a hit again if he moves.

Lonzo being there might sway LeBron for sure.. It's hard to start all over again tho when your on
the tail end of your career.
I'm obviously ALL FOR IT, but it's so unlikely he's just not that guy. Dude sidestepped his way out
of a Dunk contest, he might not like the LA lights.

Even then or ESPECIALLY then, I don't see him going to the Lakers at all.
He's good in Cleveland. Not trying to kill dreams here but there's just no way.
Too much hype in LA, opportunity to retire in your home state, image will most
likely take a hit again if he moves.

Eh, Bron is a mercenary at this point. I think after getting drubbed by GS again his focus will shift from being in title contention to his post career ambitions. Just a confluence of stuff is going on in the periphery with his company, the school right down the street from my apt and Rich Paul schmoozing with Laker brass. Idk could be reading to much into it, bringing the Lakers back to contention would be another feather in his own personal cap which they'd be with he and PG13. Who else in history can say they did that for 3 different franchises?

Back
Top Bottom