**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Did any of y'all listen to the Lavar Bell interview where those headlines are from? What he said wasn't nearly as bad as ESPN & Goodman made it seem. Everybody mad at Lavar but they should be mad at ESPN sensationalizing again. And it worked cuz we all fell for it and it dominated the news.

3FA6CD37-2D17-4221-941A-16CE3D9BE4F7.jpeg

I’ve definitely turned around on Randle for the positive. He does what HE does better on both sides of the ball this season. However, we can’t ignore the fact that the way he chooses to play offense doesn’t fit into the fluid position-less, ball movement style that Luke is trying to instill. Randle, imo is a great energy guy that should be part of a second unit/other rotations... but isn’t worth the money he feels he deserves (which is why the lakers have to look at moving him). Now if the lakers wanted to play a different style of basketball that caters to Randle’s skill-set... great, but I don’t believe that’s a winning style of ball in this current climate.

I’d like to keep Randle. I’m not mad at anybody trying to get as much money as they can, but realistically Randle is an asset not worth the type of money he feels he’s worth. It’s not as black and white as, “he gets 20/10”. It’s how he gets his offense at the expense of ball movement.

You know there's only 5 players averaging 20/10 this season? None of them would ever be traded for cap space. None play less than 31 minutes. Randle plays less than 23 mpg.

He isos significantly less than he has in the past. He plays more like Nance now where he looks to pass as soon as he gets it. He's shown a rare ability to make insane improvements from year to year that even I didn't expect. Increased his fg% by 6% from year 1 to year 2 then increased it another 7% this year. Doubled his assists per game in that first summer. Went from a horrible defender to elite in one summer. No doubt in my mind he will continue to develop and improve his shooting and clean up the turnovers. He's 23. Absolutely ridiculous to even think about trading him. We're becoming a farm team like okc and getting rid of guys right as they're on the cusp of breaking out

You know there's only 5 players averaging 20/10 this season? None of them would ever be traded for cap space. None play less than 31 minutes. Randle plays less than 23 mpg.

He isos significantly less than he has in the past. He plays more like Nance now where he looks to pass as soon as he gets it. He's shown a rare ability to make insane improvements from year to year that even I didn't expect. Increased his fg% by 6% from year 1 to year 2 then increased it another 7% this year. Doubled his assists per game in that first summer. Went from a horrible defender to elite in one summer. No doubt in my mind he will continue to develop and improve his shooting and clean up the turnovers. He's 23. Absolutely ridiculous to even think about trading him. We're becoming a farm team like okc and getting rid of guys right as they're on the cusp of breaking out

On board with all of this...

Out of curiosity, do you feel he’s a max player? If the lakers were to keep him and he gets the max or close to it, do you think his possible potential for growth warrants the price of admission?

Definitely. There aren't many players with his skillset. Can't think of anybody who can stick cousins embiid harden kd and switch any screen with his type of effectiveness. At the same time you probably don't even have to give him the max because of the market this summer. Just dumb as hell to me that they're determined to trade him. We're gonna end up trading Randle and Clarkson, giving up the pick to Boston and not signing any star players this summer

Reactions: God
Where is Randle averaging 20/10 at? Cause he ain't going to sniff averaging those numbers coming off the bench, which is the role he should be in.

On his next team where they don't **** his playing time. Easy to see he'd put up those numbers with starter's minutes. In the 4 games he's gotten at least 30 minutes he's putting up 22 9.3 and 3.8

On his next team where they don't **** his playing time. Easy to see he'd put up those numbers with starter's minutes

So not on the Lakers, where he'd still want to start. And they are not right in wanting to move him in that case?

So either force him to come off the bench where he's already shown to be a malcontent or try and get something for him that'll fit that role going forward? Seems pretty easy choice to me and I've come around to Julius. If he'd embrace his bench role, of course keep him.

Where is Randle averaging 20/10 at? Cause he ain't going to sniff averaging those numbers coming off the bench, which is the role he should be in.

I think fans have been extrapolating his stats. They have the per 36 mins mentality. You give any decent player the green light to take as many shots as they want and play them 40 mins, they'll get you 20 pts. I like Randle alot but if he's getting your team 20/10 you're the worst team in the league

Also while Julius's defense has improved from being terrible, the analytics say he's just been average. He's even behind Nance in DRPM. 44th out of 95 PFs.

Also while Julius's defense has improved from being terrible, the analytics say he's just been average. He's even behind Nance in DRPM. 44th out of 95 PFs.

DRPM has David west as the #1 pf in the league and Channing Frye 10 spots over porzingis. Watch the games bro bro

Bottom line, if Randle had a consistent jumper by now he’d already be extended. Son can’t shoot and it’s his 4th year. His rookie year he got hurt but still was able to run and jump by February ....plenty of time to fix his mechanics

Plus, in every single game there are times when he uses his left and misses or gets blocked when he should have used his right. No excuse for that, pros should all be ambedextrous in the paint

And I don’t even want him gone, he’s a really good player with plenty of time to improve

Last edited:
DRPM has David west as the #1 pf in the league and Channing Frye 10 spots over porzingis. Watch the games bro bro

Uh that's cause they don't get any significant minutes. I've watched Julius, he's improved, but he's not a lockdown defender or Draymond out there.

Speaking of DRPM, Lonzo is 4th among PGs, and Ben Simmons is the only one playing similar minutes that's ahead of him. Really impressive.

Last edited:
The Los Angeles Lakers, needing to shed salary for summer free agency, had been hopeful of waiting until the end of the season to move Jordan Clarkson -- owed $26 million beyond this season -- but there's a mutual desire to find something sooner than later. The Lakers have made it clear that Clarkson, Julius Randle and Larry Nance are available.

See even JC knows he knows he's not wanted around by Magic & Pelinka and knows his days in the golden armor are numbered.

Let Clarkson go and let him be Monta Ellis 2.0 on a bad team just to get his shine on to please his NT pinoy boys fan club :lol:

Uh that's cause they don't get any significant minutes. I've watched Julius, he's improved, but he's not a lockdown defender or Draymond out there.

You said he's ranked 44th as if it meant something tho :lol:. I just did a quick count and there's at least 25 guys that have no business being in the top 40 and it's not even debatable. More than half the list is guys who don't get significant minutes

Back
Top Bottom