**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

You guys have put too much expectations onto a rookie point guard....Lonzo has been playing better the past two weeks though.

Y'all were giving him the DLo treatment for the first month and a half though :nerd:

Kuzma doe....mightily impressed by his scoring ability. His playmaking abilities are still developing, but the Lakers have two stars in the making. :nthat:

B.I has proven to be a good one on one defender but i've noticed he still slips up on off the ball situations & switches. He has to tighten that up, especially because his length & athleticism would make for a lot of steals/deflections

Kuzma gon be a 25 point scorer in this league.

This hasn't improved in this department since he got drafted though. It's hard for him to switch off the bulldozer mode.

It's ugly. Few times it works but he looks like a outta control big kid too much. It was smart bringing him off the bench, it saves him from himself.

This hasn't improved in this department since he got drafted though. It's hard for him to switch off the bulldozer mode.

He's still only 22. It's something that's easily fixable, he just has to fix it. Like you said he needs to get out of that mode where he's hell bent on scoring at all costs.

He's still only 22. It's something that's easily fixable, he just has to fix it. Like you said he needs to get out of that mode where he's hell bent on scoring at all costs.
I would actually argue that changing up your play style is one of the hardest things to do as a basketball player. The only thing I have seen Randle improve this season is his defense, his shooting range, and efficiency in the paint.
But, he still plays like a bulldozer most of the time, because that's how he plays. He's just better at doing that now. I don't see him changing much.

What I do think he's most under utilized in though is in pick and roll situations. It's clear he's best at those plays. But we don't call that often....most of time Randle has to create in iso plays.

I would actually argue that changing up your play style is one of the hardest things to do as a basketball player. The only thing I have seen Randle improve this season is his defense, his shooting range, and efficiency in the paint.
But, he still plays like a bulldozer most of the time, because that's how he plays. He's just better at doing that now. I don't see him changing much.

What I do think he's most under utilized in though is in pick and roll situations. It's clear he's best at those plays. But we don't call that often....most of time Randle has to create in iso plays.

Zo-Juju pick n roll is lethal, it's probably our best play in the half court. They definitely don't do it enough, but that's more of a lineup issue I think at this point. Randle and BI definitely get tunnel vision though at times, BI will make the pass though more frequently. Juju sees red like those bulls in Spain.

Zo-Juju pick n roll is lethal, it's probably our best play in the half court. They definitely don't do it enough, but that's more of a lineup issue I think at this point. Randle and BI definitely get tunnel vision though at times, BI will make the pass though more frequently. Juju sees red like those bulls in Spain.
I acutally think Randle plays best with JC, because they often do the PnR, and defenses have a hard time guarding that.

Makes me more frustrated that KCP is such a black hole on offense....the only good thing is that he's a plus on defense, but there are many times where you want to tell KCP to stop shooting because he ruins the rhythm of the offense .

And on that note, I hope Brook and KCP are gone next season. Should be obvious, but man they are terrible for the team's chemistry on the court.

KCP definitely messed up his forthcoming free agency. Detroit offered him a five-year $80 contract and he turned it down in order to take this one-year contract with the Lakers in the hopes that he play well and get a bigger and get a bigger contract this upcoming summer but it hasn't worked out.

KCP definitely messed up his forthcoming free agency. Detroit offered him a five-year $80 contract and he turned it down in order to take this one-year contract with the Lakers in the hopes that he play well and get a bigger and get a bigger contract this upcoming summer but it hasn't worked out.
KCP looking like Vander Blue with good defense

D3DB8C78-6885-4D9C-A97D-C30BA48AB735.jpeg
Tough loss. My custom authentic Kuzma came in and wifey took it to the laker store to get the wish patch added.

Zo shot has much improved

Looks like his footwork is better. he's not jumping as far forward into shots and is shooting with much more arc. Basically means a softer ball with better touch and way less velocity as before

Oh that, yea part of the Bron appeasement process. Unfortunately they're going to pursue him. But apparently they didn't get far at all in the talks.

I don't think that was a real tweet from woj.

I went to his page and can't find it...

I remember him briefly talking about it on that full court press thing last night. They were throwing out so many scenarios with free agency/trade market for us though basically the entire 1st half.

Back
Top Bottom