**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

You dudes wanna ***** about everything. DLo’s eye brows, Ingram being too skinny, zo’s Dad talking too much, and now zo being a horrible teammate because he walked away from a fake *** **** mEasuring contest between two dudes who were never gonna fight.

Shut the hell up and enjoy the fact we have young talent to watch grow over the next few yyears. It’s ******* basketball

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 3.51.10 PM.png

The Coach and Players who are in the locker room with him every single day love the guy, but NT'ers know better from their moms basements. For sure.

Honestly, been thinking about this whole situation now for a minute and my only conclusion is that Lonzo is just not ready. He is still a child. Physically, mentally, emotionally. All of it. He is just not there yet. I firmly believe at 6'6 190 hes scared to bang with the big boys. Mentally adn emotionally it shows too - his bro is in China, he regresses. His shots don't go in, he regresses. All behaviors of a child thrown into the mix cold turkey - maybe thats not whats best for him.

I think in hind site we are going to look back and wish we would have just been more patient with him. Bringing him off the bench initially (too late for that now) and easing him into his role. The fight last night sort of solidified this rhetoric for me. He is 14 at heart and he will need more time. I know people grilled D'lo for this too but D'lo was precocious- with his tattoos, cuts in his brows, pointing to his veins etc. He wanted to act like the man but couldn't. Lonzo is quiet and reserved because he's legit scared. He's the equivalent of a pre-pubescent 7th grader from the burbs going to high school in Compton (Hope I don't offend anyone). A 7th grader with lots of potential and talent sure and thats why I think he'll be alright but I fear that people wont be patient with him.

Earl Watson said it well when he said he would tell Lonzo that its ok to fail. Its ok to be scared. Talk to him about personal stuff not just basketball. Get inside the mind of Lonzo. Ease him into it. Unfortunately Lavar has a lot to do with this too and why this wasn't the approach.

Bro....what the hell are you talking about please just calm down

Always, it'll probably be after the New Year though, my sis is getting us tix to the Dubs game in a couple weeks. I'm thinking vs OKC on 2/8 that way you can come celebrate my 30th with me :nerd:.

Might have to take that Friday off then. Seems like a great weekend :nerd:
Text me what ticket options you have in mind for that game. :nthat:

Might have to take that Friday off then. Seems like a great weekend :nerd:
Text me what ticket options you have in mind for that game. :nthat:
We sitting on the roof?

Edit:just realized it’s on Thursday...and it’s tax season, can’t make it :smh:

Last edited:
hilarious. Lonzo missed a floater and the nuggets commentators said "oh missed lob to Brook there." and he was being serious.

lonzo playing great (relatively speaking). He's doing so many things today that wont show on the stat sheet. even nuggets commentators are noticing it

Games like this is why i say people are completely overeacting about his physical capabilities. All the talk of him not being able to get past his man or him being"slow" is BS. he's been pretty decent doing both, it's just that he still terrible at scoring right now. But he does have the ability to actually get into the lane, hopefully he really works on finishing

Back
Top Bottom