**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

last year ingram struggled mightily, but he still played good defense and made the right basketball play. through all that he still showed flashes of what he's showing now. thats all i ask of lonzo.

still early in the season so i hope he bounces back

Every game it's something new to nitpick. Lavar brought this on to him but the microscoping of every little thing he does, even he picks his damn nose, it gets blown to biggest proportions.
I'd be pissed too if Luke was playing Clarkson, who did absolutely nothing but **** up on defense the last 8 minutes of that game, above me. I'd be pissed too if I had to watch Embiid score every single play on someone that shouldn't of been defending him with no adjustments made at all by my coach. Dude sat there and watched his coach give the game away. Luke might be trying to test him with some adversity, which is fine, but I'm sure it wasn't easy watching all these first and second year guys put on a show while you are delegated to the bench, something he's probably never experienced in his life. Luke has been using him in half court sets really oddly too.
That being said, that pouting **** needs to stop NOW. Regardless of the noise around you, you welcomed it with open arms and now you gotta face the music and shut the haters up. I'm not saying turn into an all star overnight but start showing that fire that you want this, a la Kuzma.

I think its all mental guys. I mean he was schooling Eric Bledsoe who is a pretty good defender but then cant get around (insert slow footed pg) He held his own against John Wall but got schooled by TJ McConnell last night. I mean he missed a wide open layup early in the first. You mean to tell me the competition between college and the NBA is that drastically better that a player cannot make a wide open lay up?

The play that said it all was when he got the steal from Simmons and he had a clear lane to the basket with Embiid at the free throw line retreating. He should have gone super strong to the basket, at least he woulda been fouled. But instead he stopped at the 3 point line, waiting a second to see if he could pass it to someone, he knew he had to shoot and did and missed. Then he walked back looking down and shaking his head. Coaches should be telling him its ok to fail. Its ok to struggle. and for the love of god, how about stop shooting 3s. Just take a step or two in and hit the 20 foot jumper. Also, no walking up the court allowed, he has to sprint up the court regardless of whether hes taking it out of bounds or not. Play him only 25 minutes to sustain such high running speeed but that would be better then 33 mins of him in half court.

Reactions: God
It’s for sure mental
He’s fragilly

His shots been off for a month and everyone talks about it the day after, thanks to his pops hyping him up. When he misses 50% of FTs, that’s a tell tale sign it’s mental

It’s for sure mental
He’s fragilly

His shots been off for a month and everyone talks about it the day after, thanks to his pops hyping him up. When he misses 50% of FTs, that’s a tell tale sign it’s mental

Either that or his shot is so jacked up that it is unfixable.

Either than or his shot is so jacked up that it is unfixable.
So... in college he shoots free throws and they go in. In the NBA he shoots free throws and he can't make them to save his life. Same form. Am I missing something here? We're not asking him to be a 50/40/90 guy but at least hit free throws with maybe 75% accuracy.

Reactions: God
So... in college he shoots free throws and they go in. In the NBA he shoots free throws and he can't make them to save his life. Same form. Am I missing something here? We're not asking him to be a 50/40/90 guy but at least hit free throws with maybe 75% accuracy.

He was a 67% free throw shooter in college. Its not like he was a 90% shooter from the stripe. Obviously his free throw percentage will go up a little as the season goes, but he is still probably adjusting to the pace of the game so he is likely shooting them more tired than he was in college and high school.

Why we worried about free throws when he don't and can't even get to the line. He stays laying bricks from the left hand side. His misses aren't even close, straight Sandy status from Along Came Polly.

Why we worried about free throws when he don't and can't even get to the line. He stays laying bricks from the left hand side. His misses aren't even close, straight Sandy status from Along Came Polly.

Exactly. They just need to salvage his value now and trade him for cap space

Where is Essential to make sense of all this?
10.-air-jordan-10.gif

A friend of mine is a Sixer fan and he said Ben Simmons can shoot great either, but he at least gets to the basket and can get to the line.

We have seen Ball get to the basket (and miss) but he can get there. Maybe he needs to attack more, get contact and hopefully start to drain some free throws which might hopefully help everything else.

A friend of mine is a Sixer fan and he said Ben Simmons can shoot great either, but he at least gets to the basket and can get to the line.

We have seen Ball get to the basket (and miss) but he can get there. Maybe he needs to attack more, get contact and hopefully start to drain some free throws which might hopefully help everything else.

Simmons is also a 6 foot 9 freak of nature.

Back
Top Bottom