**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Any half decent run team would just wait until the summer to acquire Randle, why would they take on Deng's contract to get Randle for an additional few months?

I think they'll pull it off without giving up anybody else of significance as long as Randle continues to play well. There's limited cap space for a lot of teams this summer.

I'm all for just taking the L and rolling with Deng's contract for this season and next season. Summer 19 we can ship it as an expiring.

I'm all for just taking the L and rolling with Deng's contract for this season and next season. Summer 19 we can ship it as an expiring.

If they can't move him in a trade his deal is getting stretched in the off-season. There's not a path to max guys with his full salary on the books.

Last edited:
The Lakers are going to need to toss in more than just Randle to get off Deng's contract.
Impossible we trade BI, Ball or Kuzma. Impossible. No way will we do that. That would make 0 sense. D'lo was disliked by management, the three I mentioned are loved above and beyond.

Any half decent run team would just wait until the summer to acquire Randle, why would they take on Deng's contract to get Randle for an additional few months?

Some teams panic and wouldn't want to take the chance of waiting until free agency. We'll see what happens, I appreciate Ju for what he's doing for us right now tho

Some teams panic and wouldn't want to take the chance of waiting until free agency. We'll see what happens, I appreciate Ju for what he's doing for us right now tho

Again, if Julius is as bad as most in here say he is why would someone take on an extra $16 mil/season to bring in a corpse alongside him lol

I think just says Luke don't wanna dog him. Him and Luke clashed last year and if the front office is saying he had a trash attitude they had to get some information from the head coach. I didn't see any players mad that he was traded.

zo shot looking real tragic. maybe steve nash can work with the kid in the offseason. unless its prohibited because hes on the warriors payroll

I think just says Luke don't wanna dog him. Him and Luke clashed last year and if the front office is saying he had a trash attitude they had to get some information from the head coach. I didn't see any players mad that he was traded.

Nah Luke rock w dlo. He been praising him for a min now.

I don’t see what Brandon said that had to with dlo.

Nah Luke rock w dlo. He been praising him for a min now.

I don’t see what Brandon said that had to with dlo.

They are assuming he was the one that didn't come in positive trying to get better like Ingram mentioned.

if we are gonna move randle he needs more minutes. i think he is best off the bench because we need a scorer once the starters come out. but they gotta bring his minutes up to showcase and pad them stats if they are going to try and get something for him before he can flat out walk in the offseason.

Again, if Julius is as bad as most in here say he is why would someone take on an extra $16 mil/season to bring in a corpse alongside him lol
other teams don't see every single second of his game. Also they have a different perspective. Look at Indy taking on Olidipo's huge contract in exchange for PG and now he's thriving.

Here in the bay area, the radio folks talk about Javale and Swaggy as if they had just signed the second coming of Hakeem and Lebron. They have no choice but to think of the positives and hope that their system will allow them to thrive in the new team

There's no way just to buy him out and have his money not be on the books next season outside of the stretch provision is there?

Now is the time to comb through the CBA for all the obscure provisions to make this happen. This is what Rob is here for along with the connections he has.

if we are gonna move randle he needs more minutes. i think he is best off the bench because we need a scorer once the starters come out. but they gotta bring his minutes up to showcase and pad them stats if they are going to try and get something for him before he can flat out walk in the offseason.

They're purposely keeping him on the bench with low minutes so that he'll be cheap for them or whatever team he's traded to. If he plays x number of minutes or starts x amount of games his qualifying offer doubles

Back
Top Bottom