**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

His jumper is going to have to be completely deconstructed and rebuilt from the bottom up.

His shooting form is here to stay. There is no way they can break it down and start from scratch. Minor tweaks ya, but a complete overhaul nah. He shot decent at UCLA, a lot of this has to be confidence. That airball was really bad

I am not worried about lonzo. He needs more confidence when it comes to scoring but overall hes impressed me alot. Bi looks confident and so much stronger than before. I am so excited for this teams future, when lonzo starts hitting that spot up 3 he is going to be great

DN57Cb0XUAEXC2V.jpg

Zo has to change his shot ...period ..it’s not physically possible to get his jumpshot off driving right which makes him easy to defend

If his salary next season weren't so high, I'd love to keep Brook Lopez for next season. He's played well on both ends of the court.

This season is one of the weirdest I can remember. If Magic and Rob's plan comes to fruition, and we're able to sign 2 (or potentially 3) max free agents then the only rotation players currently on the roster that will still be there next year are Zo, Kuzma and Ingram. Lopez and KCP are on one year deals, we'd have to move Deng's contract likely with an asset, move Clarkson and Nance to clear cap space and we couldn't re-sign Randle. I get excited when we win and any of our players play well but in all likelihood the only ones who are part of our long term plans those three. This season is pretty much an audition to show free agents the growth our young guys have made. Wins and losses don't matter because we likely won't make the playoffs and we don't have our draft pick.

Im still confused as to why we didn't continue to run and gun in the fourth. I didn't see anything the Grizzlies did to counter it. Lonzo would get the ball and slowly walk it up the court. We cannot play a slow style offense right now so we must be running. Thats what we were doing in the first half and how we got up so big.

They'll likely tweak Zo's release like they did BI's this past summer. Could be the depth perception in Staples as he's been exceptionally off at home.

just watching highlights and you can just feel positive vibes from everyone on the team who accepted their role and having fun with the fast pace. Julius especially.
How many games have we had 5 or more people score in double figures?

In a drunken stupor on saturday, I was about to purchase row C tickets behind lakers bench for 250 a pop against Celtics after fees but they're gone off ticketmaster.
Hopefully will catch BBB and Kuz show when I'm back home for Christmas, coming in one day after Kobe's retirement too...

Im still confused as to why we didn't continue to run and gun in the fourth. I didn't see anything the Grizzlies did to counter it. Lonzo would get the ball and slowly walk it up the court. We cannot play a slow style offense right now so we must be running. Thats what we were doing in the first half and how we got up so big.

it's the lack of experience closing games, I just attribute it to that. They also took away Ingram's freedom to survey the floor and hounded him.

You’re right. I think they were slowing it up to eat more clock and “playing not to lose”. Which was a mistake, should’ve kept being loose and agressive. Oh well we got the dub

Hoping for 2 wins on this road tip

There's no way just to buy him out and have his money not be on the books next season outside of the stretch provision is there?

If we're going to execute our grand plan then we can't re-sign Randle anyway so he's the logical choice. We need him to keep balling so teams will accept him instead of our other young players

The Lakers are going to need to toss in more than just Randle to get off Deng's contract.

Back
Top Bottom