**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Yup. Had it been Jim/Mitch that traded say Ingram or ball and they started the year putting up the exact numbers as D'lo we'd fasho be hearing about it in here. Especially to chase Bron and pg who were already unlikely but even moreso now that the Cavs have a lotto pick and okc got pg after we made the trade

yawn3.png

Exactly. When we look back at this current management regime we'll have to assess this trade and see if it worked out. Magic and Rob deserve to be held to the same standard as Jim and Mitch and when they make bad moves, they deserve to be called out for it. IMO, until we have 2 max free agents on our roster, the Dlo trade will be a bad move in my book. If we get PG and Lebron then I'll view the trade in a different light. Giving up young lottery picks in the hopes of signing phantom free agents is a bad business strategy and ultimately why the last regime failed but if it works I'll give credit where credit is due.

You won't know if it's bad until after next summer. Why bring it up now? It was a prepatory move.

Next summer gone be real interesting in here if the plan comes to fruition, wonder if that same energy will be replicated.

oh lawd i hope it does come to fruition cuz if not we are all gonna hear it from everyone in the sports forum and real life non stop

Next summer gone be real interesting in here if the plan comes to fruition, wonder if that same energy will be replicated.

If it works, that would be excellent and we will all be very excited to see our team fight for 2nd place and lose to the Warriors until Lebron dies...

Still don't understand why you need give up potential star talent in a salary dump... one year in advance...

If it works, that would be excellent and we will all be very excited to see our team fight for 2nd place and lose to the Warriors until Lebron dies...

Still don't understand why you need give up potential star talent in a salary dump... one year in advance...
I agree with your sentiments that the trade was unnecessary and we could have waited a year. Mozgov and Deng's contracts would be easier to deal if they only have 2 years instead of 3 and once again, we still have no assurances we'll sign anyone next summer.

I disagree with you on your point about the Warriors though. The entire league shouldn't go into hibernation in fear of the Warriors winning every season. We need to improve our roster in every possible way and do our best to compete. We can put together a monster team to compete with them.

Last edited:
I see both sides. Russell stats aren’t directly related to the Lakers, so why post them.

But the Russell trade was the biggest thing we did this summer, and one of the bigger things to happen in the NBA off season. So of course it involves the Lakers. On top of that, the deal made the front office openly reveal their plans on what they want to do. That’s pretty unprecented. I can’t think of a situation where an organization 1) does a salary dump a year in advance (they didn’t want Dlo here it just wasn’t a salary dump) and 2) basically tells the whole world what they are hoping to do next summer.

But I would appreciate Devin Booker stat updates. Only when he has a good game of course.

I agree with your sentiments that the trade was unnecessary and we could have waited a year. Mozgov and Deng's contracts would be easier to deal if they only have 2 years instead of 3 and once again, we still have no assurances we'll sign anyone next summer.

I disagree with you on your point about the Warriors though. The entire league shouldn't go into hibernation in fear of the Warriors winning every season. We need to improve our roster in every possible way and do our best to compete. We can put together a monster team to compete with them.
Correct, don't go into hibernation if you have a Harden/Kawhi/Westbrook level player in his prime or blue chippers like Towns/Wiggins intact.

But we had babies...

Back
Top Bottom