Korryn Gaines, Cradling Child and Shotgun, is Fatally Shot By Police

Beautiful painting but I'm not sure if it's accurate; this is why:

He also made the video I posted below

I watch him all the time when it comes to stuff like this:

Im just curious. If she had sent her son into a back room or closet would he have gotten shot? Probably not

She had a habit out of using her son for leverage against the cops. She did it in the car video, she did it in the standoff.
Draya is a better mother.

And IMO we tarnish the legitimacy of movement and dishonor others like Trayvon, Castile, and Garner by screaming injustice on this one.

A long time family friend of mine is a veteran nurse whose worked in ERs, pysch wards, maternity wards, & other assignments. She's also black & has been a devout muslim since her late teens.

Here are her comments during a discussion about this lady -

I believe that she read/studied and was an out of the box thinker, but I also believe that she was quite mentally ill...and her illness inhibited her from fully understanding or explaining what she knew. I don't believe that she was on some higher level of thinking either. What you see in the video of her interaction with the police and the other one with her son is exactly what you see in many mentally ill people. I've treated many, many mentally ill people over my 16 years of being a nurse, and my husband runs a mental health day program.

Some people with some forms of mental illness will amaze you with their thinking, and at times they seem like they're on another level (depending on the person). And there are those who do think at a higher level, but by the time you mix it up with their jumbled thought processes, their presentation of "crazy" really shows. (And depending on the type of mental illness, there may be times that they are completely lucid)

Nonetheless, it's really sad that the system failed her in such a terrible way. And her son is a victim of all of this. Trust me, if she were in her right frame of mind, she'd want to protect him just as she tried to protect her baby in the car.

This is ridiculous. This Black n' Blue war needs to come to a halt. I never seen anything like this.

This chit is crazy, and it's only going to get worse because of social media. Social media is what really started this propaganda. 

:smh: at these comments

Ain't no damn war. They been killing us with impunity. A few cops get killed, and now it's a "war" smh.

Man when I was a kid I was scared about the cops because I thought I would get arrested/get beat down with a baton

My son is growing up scared about the cops because he thinks they will kill him

This is ridiculous. This Black n' Blue war needs to come to a halt. I never seen anything like this.

This chit is crazy, and it's only going to get worse because of social media. Social media is what really started this propaganda. 

:smh: at these comments

Ain't no damn war. They been killing us with impunity. A few cops get killed, and now it's a "war" smh.

Social media didn't start **** :lol: do ya Googles and read some books. Now we're just more hip to the injustice.

If this is a war, Black folk are losing.

To quote Carv from The Wire - "This can't be a war. War's end."

so... do these so-called "Sovereign Citizens" have a point or are they just crazy people who make up unreasonable ****? 

Didn't really read through everything but this could have been treated as a hostage situation and didn't have to end like this. Cops are more concerned with getting home and things taking too long.

Random thought but there needs to be more active recruitment of African Americans in police forces. I'm not by any means saying it'll solve the problem, but you need people that can relate/communicate better and get these white cops more familiar with being around black people.

Last edited:
real talk this girl was a schizo, she was woke to a certain extent

but then she crossed the line and went from being educated to just being paranoid.

she was putting crazy stuff in her kids head, she couldve been so much more useful to the cause alive, than she is now.

Last edited:
Man when I was a kid I was scared about the cops because I thought I would get arrested/get beat down with a baton

My son is growing up scared about the cops because he thinks they will kill him
:smh:

Not looking forward to the day I have to explain this stuff to my son... Explaining to him, the rules slightly different for him compared to a white counterpart due to skin color and ignorance. Shouldn't be that way. :smh:

real talk this girl was a schizo, she was woke to a certain extent

but then she crossed the line and went from being educated to just being paranoid.

she was putting crazy stuff in her kids head, she couldve been so much more useful to the cause alive, than she is now.
I don't think dealing heroine helped her paranoia with the cops either

Fiance of Korryn Gaines acquitted of drug charges
upload_2017-11-7_18-50-25.png

Kareem Courtney sits behind attorney J. Wyndal Gordon during a news conference last year. A trial for Courtney on drug charges began Wednesday.
(Kim Hairston / Baltimore Sun)

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-co-kareem-courtney-20170202-story.html

A Baltimore County jury acquitted the fiance of Korryn Gaines on Thursday of all charges in a drug case stemming from her deadly standoff with county police.

Gaines, 23, was shot and killed by a tactical officer last August at her Randallstown apartment. A detective later found 75 capsules of heroin hidden in a plastic bag on top of a kitchen cabinet, police said.

Her fiance, Kareem Courtney, 39, was charged with possession of heroin and possession with intent to distribute.

After the verdict Thursday, Courtney said he felt "like a heavy weight was lifted off" his shoulders.

The Baltimore Sun obtained audio and video from the Baltimore County Police investigative file on the Aug. 1, 2016, standoff between Korryn Gaines and authorities. The following segments provide a rare look at the build-up to Gaines' deadly encounter with police. (Baltimore Sun video)

The Baltimore Sun obtained audio and video from the Baltimore County Police investigative file on the Aug. 1, 2016, standoff between Korryn Gaines and authorities. The following segments provide a rare look at the build-up to Gaines' deadly encounter with police. (Baltimore Sun video)

His attorney suggested in closing arguments Thursday that the drug charges were a "distraction" from the police shooting.

Attorney J. Wyndal Gordon said Courtney was charged four days after his family was destroyed by Gaines' death.

Scott Shellenberger ruled that the shooting was legally justified. He said Ruby feared for his safety when Gaines pointed her gun at officers, and that Gaines fired back at police.

Gaines' family filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against Dowell, Griffin, Ruby and the county. A civil trial is scheduled for next year.

Fiance of Korryn Gaines acquitted of drug charges
upload_2017-11-7_18-50-25.png

Kareem Courtney sits behind attorney J. Wyndal Gordon during a news conference last year. A trial for Courtney on drug charges began Wednesday.
(Kim Hairston / Baltimore Sun)

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-co-kareem-courtney-20170202-story.html

How do you keep track of all these posts you make? This is like the 5th year plus old thread you've updated in the last hour. Front page is H2HK profile pic all the way down :lol:

she deserved what she got

this was a hotage situiation...and the hostage was rescued with non life threatening injuries..

kudos to the police department for risking their life to save a young black boy

EDIT: and the father was keeping dope stashed in the house his kids live in too?

both parents are failures. I hope the boy can find a decent foster home.

Last edited:
she deserved what she got

this was a hotage situiation...and the hostage was rescued with non life threatening injuries..

kudos to the police department for risking their life to save a young black boy

EDIT: and the father was keeping dope stashed in the house his kids live in too?

both parents are failures. I hope the boy can find a decent foster home.

FOH!!!!

Back
Top Bottom