Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Keeping it 100 outside of the metal laces and dope details mambas are better then htms to me. If they didn't have the grey on the inside mambas would be :smokin
I like pink shoes too much :lol:

Yeah, went straight to the court if IIRC. 

Yeah, I was skeptical about the Mambacurials. I've been keeping an eye out on them and they went from damn near an FSR, to gone. I've been watching the Mambas and Chesters to go on disco so my friend can grab them for me on Swoosh. No sense in overpaying if they're almost certainly going to be cheaper down the road.  Such a shame the X's have had crappy CWs. I'm probably in the minority, but the lows have been a let down in terms of CWs. Ironically, I don't like yellow shoes typically, but I like the Chesters a lot. MCs are decent, but need them to be cheap to buy. Too bad NIke won't just roll out some "normal" solid CWs so we don't have to ID a freaking black and white shoe or any other colors the masses consider "normal". Don't need story with everything, just a solid color that we like and can wear with everything. If they need a damn label for them, call them Kobe classics or basics. Don't care, just don't charge me $50 extra bucks and make me wait for the damn thing and hope Wong, puts my crap together correctly.  Sucks when nice CWs are just in the highs, too, since I don't like highs. Would love to see the highs and lows in the same CWs as well. Save those wild damn CWS for things for ID or limit those ugly damn things.  Should not have to cop a damn HTM for a black or white colorway that's so simple.  Hopefully that babble made sense. I got more disgusted with Nike as I typed ...
Hopefully the poor sales @ retail price  for most of the GR CW's will send Nike a wake-up call and bring some GR heat with the 11's.

The Masterpiece 9 and HTM 10 are both beautiful shoes in their own right. It's not some competition. The people putting down the HTM are just salty they couldn't get a pair(or they are haters or they just don't have good taste). They certainly wouldn't be putting them down if they had a pair in front of them or on their feet. The HTM has everything a person would want: a nice multicolored upper, premium leather tongue, premium liner, two sets of quality laces with engraved screw on aglets, and a beautiful icy blue sole to set them off. Not to mention a super soft insole with the Kobe sheath. The shoe is far from garbage. FAR.

Plus, I might add...it's a low top. Not everyone likes wearing ski boots.

You missed "it has an HTM" tag which makes people want it more than everything you've listed.

Look at the black HTM. Literally black.. Nothing special and people are crazy cause it's an HTM shoe.

Mass produce this shoe to the point that everyone can have them and no one will want them.

People LOVE exclusive stuff. If you disagree you're a damn liar.

I wouldn't mind HTM but I rather sell them to some idiot who will pay me stupid money.. Just like I did with the yeezy's and will continue to try my luck with each release.

You missed "it has an HTM" tag which makes people want it more than everything you've listed.

Look at the black HTM. Literally black.. Nothing special and people are crazy cause it's an HTM shoe.

Mass produce this shoe to the point that everyone can have them and no one will want them.

I wouldn't mind HTM but I rather sell them to some idiot who will pay me stupid money.. Just like I did with the yeezy's and will continue to try my luck with each release.

Gospel.

Really doubt it has anything to do with HTM but just the limitedness of the sneaker.

Of course people love exclusive stuff. That has always been the case with everything. I didn't care about the white or black HTM's. I only wanted the Multicolor's because they were different and the HTM pairs they put more detail with the leather tongue, metal aglets, etc. No matter what anyone says, they put a bit more into the HTM's and that is what sets them apart.

Really doubt it has anything to do with HTM but just the limitedness of the sneaker.
Direct correlation. Every HTM release is extremely limited and is a guaranteed sellout with crazy resale, look at the HTM flyknit racers...
Nothing special besides those 3 little letters.

Last edited:
pill got banned
laugh.gif
 and yeah the htms are only desired bcuz some people can't have them, when everyone can have them no one cares except people like me who could careless about limited, I know how to make myself look limited
roll.gif

htm seems like they were bought to resell or trade. i'm sure not everyone, but from looking online it looks like most.
not a fan of the 3, especially for the retail price. even kobe ID are cheaper, and i get to choose the colors i want...

anyone else waiting for mambacurials to drop to $140ish? prolly my last pair of the X

I only wanted the sharkjaw which I was able to cop and because I was able to cart the black pair, i said what the heck and bought them as well for trade and possibly sell but not for a crazy amount. This is how the sneakergame works now and we have to adjust to flourish or get the shoes we failed to get paying retail on RD. It sucks but everybody has to face reality.

Last edited:
Might as well weigh in a little more.

I love the MP, I have 2 pairs. But that MC HTM is amazing to me - like I said earlier, it's like having the IX MC ID and MM ID combined on one shoe, and in a low top which is preferable to the high (and I love the IX and X high). So yeah, having 2 pairs of MP's I would (probably) trade one for a MC HTM, but I doubt for the black or white.

Not a lot of stuff I still want for my Kobe collection, and a HTM pair is/was on the list. I think other people are right though - a LOT of folks who got the tweet or won the raffle bought them to sell or trade, and the online US release does make them way way way less exclusive than the HTM IX's, none of which I will ever have, so, I ponied up for the MC HTM X.

Last edited:
not a fan of the 3, especially for the retail price. even kobe ID are cheaper, and i get to choose the colors i want...
Well, for $5 more you get extra laces and aglets, and the HTM heel detailing, so really the price isn't an issue  IMO compared to the ID's. And right now ID upper options are not great.

Well, for $5 more you get extra laces and aglets, and the HTM heel detailing, so really the price isn't an issue  IMO compared to the ID's. And right now ID upper options are not great.
I would agree with you and at the end of the day HTM is HTM and ID is only an ID. they are both different and people would prefer the more exclusive version in the world of collecting in general. 

I think other people are right though - a LOT of folks who got the tweet or won the raffle bought them to sell or trade, and the online US release does make them way way way less exclusive than the HTM IX's, none of which I will ever have, so, I ponied up for the MC HTM X.
Id rather have this happen than the real resellers with bots having most of the pairs. this way, more people who really want em can get them and/or can pay for a pair for less than resell price.

Last edited:
Only thing annoying about the elite 9s was the floppy tongue and short laces. Had to lace em a specific way to get the tongue to stop wylin

Back
Top Bottom