Kobe Bryant wins 2007-2008 NBA MVP

Originally Posted by gregbutler20

So, sex offenders can be reintroduced into society and become productive members of it.

yeah, who's a sex offender also? go take ur scarlett letter propaganda elsewhere

last time i checked, this wasn't the kobe bryant haters rejoice thread

Originally Posted by gregbutler20

So, sex offenders can be reintroduced into society and become productive members of it.

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by MarsIV

So. Rapists can be introduced back into society and be productive members of it.

Who's a rapists?

I guess dude was talking about the raping that the Lakers gave the Nuggets in the first round...
Congrats Kobe... Well deserved!!! Although it'sonly your first, it definately won't be your last.
smokin.gif

Kobe won the MVP award easily this year.Not even that close at all like how the media was hyping it up to be.

Here is the official final vote count:

[table][tr][td]Player, Team[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]3rd[/td] [td]4th[/td] [td]5th[/td] [td]Total Points[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1105[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris Paul, New Orleans[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]64[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]889[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kevin Garnett, Boston[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]670[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LeBron James, Cleveland[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]438[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dwight Howard, Orlando[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]60[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Amaré Stoudemire, Phoenix[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]27[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tim Duncan, San Antonio[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]25[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tracy McGrady, Houston[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steve Nash, Phoenix[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]18[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Manu Ginobili, San Antonio[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Deron Williams, Utah[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Carmelo Anthony, Denver[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Paul Pierce, Boston[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rasheed Wallace, Detroit[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Carlos Boozer, Utah[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Antawn Jamison, Washington[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][/table]
Link:

http://www.nba.com/news/kobe_mvp_080506.html

haha that press conference was funny
roll.gif
...kobe you deserve it...brushoff the haters...gregbutler20 is just jeaLousbecause their best guy was too busy drinking and driving instead of focusing on the series

awesome. that was one of the best mvp press conferences since Mj's last mvp...

Kobe won by a landslide and that was good...

Hoepfully people will go back to the old way and NOT award a point guard for what he is already SUPPOSED to do...

Steve Nash:

4 4th place votes and 5 5th place votes

His 2 MVP winning years:
04-05: 15.5 points, 11.5 assists
05-06: 18.8 points, 10.5 assists
07-08: 16.9 points, 11.1 assists

LOL, I still can't believe Steve Nash won the MVP.
Paul's #s kill Nash's # and he didn't even win when he played MUCH better D.

IMO, The media loves point guards

The press conference was
roll.gif
at times.

But man some of the people there like Jerry West
pimp.gif

The man who brought him in for a private workout and came away saying he had never seen or worked out another better player before.When Kobe was only 17 yearsold

eek.gif

The logo is truely a basketball GENIUS.

[table][tr][td]
(AP Photo/Ric Francis)
View full photo[/td] [td]
(AP Photo/Ric Francis)
NBAE/Getty Images
(AP Photo/Ric Francis)
View full photo[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
(AP Photo/Ric Francis)
(AP Photo/Ric Francis)
(AFP/Getty Images/File/Gregory Shamus)
(AP Photo/Ric Francis)
View full photo[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
(AP Photo/Ric Francis)
(AFP/Getty Images/File/Doug Pensinger)
(AFP/Getty Images/File/Lisa Blumenfeld)
NBAE/Getty Images
View full photo[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

The press conference was
roll.gif
at times.

But man some of the people there like Jerry West
pimp.gif

The man who brought him in for a private workout and came away saying he had never seen or worked out another better player before.When Kobe was only 17 years old

eek.gif

The logo is truely a basketball GENIUS.

co-sign..jerry west is the man!!!...but where was stern at?...i bet if Lebron or cp3 won it he'd be there in a new york minute smh

that press conference was hilarious... congrats KB... i didn't know iggy was there... does anyone know the other NBA players that attended the pressconference?

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Steve Nash:

4 4th place votes and 5 5th place votes

His 2 MVP winning years:
04-05: 15.5 points, 11.5 assists
05-06: 18.8 points, 10.5 assists
07-08: 16.9 points, 11.1 assists

LOL, I still can't believe Steve Nash won the MVP.
Paul's #s kill Nash's # and he didn't even win when he played MUCH better D.

IMO, The media loves point guards

What the media loves are winners.

Kobe had a great year no doubt, but this year, wasn't really different from what he did last year, statswise.

The difference is, the Lakers were a powerhouse. #1 seed.

Couple that with the fact that Kobe has had a ton of better seasons in which he probably could've gotten the award (but his team wasn't winning) andthe fact that he's never won one period, played a big role on why Kobe blew out CP3 this year.

I don't really have a problem with Nash winning his first one.

You have to keep in mind, that even Mark Cuban, a big Nash fan himself, couldn't justify throwing the kind of money Phoenix was throwing him, because ofhis age concerns.

That first year Nash was on the Suns, he quarterbacked that whole run and gun offense, and as a result, he led the team to like first place out West orwhatever it was. Maybe it was #2, I forget. But, the Suns came outta nowhere that first year Nash was there. MVP award well deserved.

The second one though, I question.

If it wasn't for Kobe and the Lakers having such a great year though (Lakers not finishing in the top 3) , it woulda been CP3 in a blowout.

AT LAST!!! THE MVP!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THE TITLE NOW....

KOBE IS THE GOD DAMN MVP!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom