[:: KID CUDI Thread - Kanye/Cudi Album 6/8/18 ::]

Cudi's decent producer for someone who just started not too long ago. I feel like he fooled me tho, cause the singles he put out all had great production, so i thought the majority of the production on the album were gonna be on the same level, but after only 2 listens I'm just not feeling a lot of the beats. but maybe they'll grow on me. I do think a handful of the beats were perfect tho. Bottom line is that I don't think Cudi is capable of producing an entire album all by himself. I think he should get over himself and get back in the stu with Plain Pat and Emile and make a project where there's a good mix of Cudi, Pat, and Emile produced tracks.

How are you gonna pick the dudes who said 8 answers at a time?
mean.gif
laugh.gif

That ain't eem fair.
which one are you?

Just listened through.. hadn't heard anything prior other than Just What I Am (which I played the hell out of).

Album is dope. :pimp:
I really liked Solo Dolo Pt II, Red Eye, Brothers, and I'm sure more tracks will grow on me over time. This will def be getting regular replays from me.

Cudi's production overall was nice. He said Just What I Am was one of his first beats, that tells you right there that dude had a future as a producer.

I just listened to Tyler the Creator's Wolf album last week and he produced his entire album as well. It's interesting to see how different they are musically as far as the direction they wanted to go with their sound. Tyler more "hip hop" with nice melodies over boom bap drums. Cudi more of a synth-heavy electronic vibe.. Cudi's beats def sound more professional and advanced though, he must have had someone giving him production tips.

Just listened through.. hadn't heard anything prior other than Just What I Am (which I played the hell out of).

I really liked Solo Dolo Pt II, Red Eye, Brothers, and I'm sure more tracks will grow on me over time. This will def be getting regular replays from me.

Cudi's production overall was nice. He said Just What I Am was one of his first beats, that tells you right there that dude had a future as a producer.

it tells you nothing but i think he has the potential

Ran the album through a couple times... It definitely lived up to the wait. At this point I can't even pick favorite songs :lol:

His production is real nice on here too... I loved the instrumentals he added.

bouta give it another play through. i already know its place between his albums and mixtapes. 

my top 3 (with tapes): A Kid Named CuDi, MoTM1, MotM2

Ran the album through a couple times... It definitely lived up to the wait. At this point I can't even pick favorite songs :lol:

His production is real nice on here too... I loved the instrumentals he added.

the feels

i love most the songs the songs i dont love are playable though :lol:

it tells you nothing but i think he has the potential
Not saying he's gonna be the next Timbo or anything or Jay-Z will be hitting him up for beats.. but as far as being able to produce quality tracks for HIMSELF and getting the sound he wants in his music, he's definitely on the right track.

bouta give it another play through. i already know its place between his albums and mixtapes. 

my top 3 (with tapes): A Kid Named CuDi, MoTM1, MotM2

Dat kid from Cleveland >>>>> AKNC

Lies :lol: A Kid Named Cudi is better. I think AKNC is my fav project of his...but its hard to compare mixtapes to albums just because MOTM is such a different experience then a mixtape.

I've been through Indicud one time...i will give thoughts after the 3rd or 4th time through. But for now i can say i do like it. I will let it sink in for a week though.

Damn near flawless album. The melodies and harmonizing on this joint is crazy. Cud stepped up his rapping a bit too. I like how Cudi doesn't stay in one genre, he crosses over them all. This album has real stadium/arena music. 9/10. Arguably already classic.

Will absolutely see him if/when he goes on tour.

I went to one of his shows the week before MOTMII dropped.

He performed damn near every song on there and everyone already knew the words bc of the leak 
laugh.gif
. Even joked about it leaking.

Best concert I have ever been to to this date.

Will absolutely see him if/when he goes on tour.

I went to one of his shows the week before MOTMII dropped.

He performed damn near every song on there and everyone already knew the words bc of the leak 
laugh.gif

. Even joked about it leaking.

Best concert I have ever been to to this date.

cudi like dam you... :rofl:

maybe i dl the wrong version b/c what ive listened to has been way below my expectations dude has multiple songs where there are no lyrcis AT ALL, a couple songs where they just repeat the hook 30x throughout the song and the rapping when he does rap isnt thought provoking or meaningful like i was expecting, this was going to be a no brainer purchase but after all the reviews from some friends at wrk i decided to go ahead and dl before purchase and it saved me some money thats for sure

but i still like cudi just really let me down

maybe i dl the wrong version b/c what ive listened to has been way below my expectations dude has multiple songs where there are no lyrcis AT ALL, a couple songs where they just repeat the hook 30x throughout the song and the rapping when he does rap isnt thought provoking or meaningful like i was expecting, this was going to be a no brainer purchase but after all the reviews from some friends at wrk i decided to go ahead and dl before purchase and it saved me some money thats for sure

but i still like cudi just really let me down

Instrumentals? :lol:

Na, Cudi has reduced rapping to a minimum. He is more of a singer now.

It's an acquired taste.

Honestly, I prefer the two to be mixed like on Man in the Moon II. Mr. Rager got me through a lot, then I could blast The End, or Mojo So Dope. I named my cat Mojo while listening to that :lol:

Either way, he has changed a lot since MOTM 1.

Back
Top Bottom