Kanye's Inspiration...Vol Don't Kill The Messenger

How can anyone say Kanye isn't hip-hop? This video validates him even further.

Well you gotta give it to him. He just hears some nice sound and throws a whole beat together for it.
Btw, a lot of them surprised me, I didn't realize the Michael Jackson one til now.

the range in the artists he sampled from was ridiculous…stretching from Marvin Gaye & Aretha to some Jethro Tull looking group….as much flak as this dudecatches…his musical ear is unparalleled

can some one pelase tell me the og song for "celebration"
eek.gif

@ 6:58
happy.gif

Even with dude acting like a clown sometimes and not being very media friendly...you can't deny dude's creativity. Ye is that dude.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Even with dude acting like a clown sometimes and not being very media friendly...you can't deny dude's creativity. Ye is that dude.
QFT
pimp.gif

yo I posted this on my blog a week or two ago, simply amazing.

This man is genius for being able to dig in the crates and turn those original songs into new classics.

"Coldest Winter" was the one that got me tho, I could've sworn that song was his original idea.
Anybody know who did the og track?

Kanye is the best producer in the game right now, hands down.

^^ OG Coldest Winter is Tears for Fear - Memories Fade.

The best part about this video is it was originally called "Wow! Kanye West EXPOSED!!" Yeah, exposed for being an amazingly talented producer...

Originally Posted by Face82

Originally Posted by IYE2

'and I'm pretty sure some of those aren't samples...I think he said he didn't sample much for 808's...maybe they were just used as reference'

Its called interpolation. Didnt know Big Brother and Flashing Lights were done like that..thought they were completely original.
Exactly. There's a difference between that and a sample. Either way it's still borrowed and they get credit in the album credits. But it's all good music. That's what hip hop is, been sampling from day 1.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I gotta admit I'm a BIG Ye' production fan and that Curtis Mayfield one got by me. The ones I knew tho
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom