Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

Still lol’ing at dudes calling MJ a fashion icon...just to discredit Kanye’s influence.

Dudes will argue in circles just to not accept an L.

tumblr_inline_my1crcVn9d1qfr3hq.jpg

CoUNqBpUMAASqsN.jpg

da fashion icon
87A8AD36-5AA8-4616-8416-7D72248A5355.png

Attachments

• CoUNqBpUMAASqsN.jpg
    CoUNqBpUMAASqsN.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
No one is dressing like MJ but he’s had the hottest shoe for a good 25-30 years now. I guess he kind of gets thrown in there regardless of his terrible clothes.

Kanye dresses like **** and people still trying to say he can dress and is fashionable

No one is dressing like MJ but he’s had the hottest shoe for a good 25-30 years now. I guess he kind of gets thrown in there regardless of his terrible clothes.

Kanye dresses like **** and people still trying to say he can dress and is fashionable
I mean just cause you think he dresses like **** doesn't mean it isn't fashionable.

FALSE.
Even if he did follow other people and “copied” them...The masses followed Kanye.

To deny Kanye as an influencer is ridiculous.

You sound like a supreme **** rider :lol:

Of course he has a large influence over people he's Kanye west

My point is all the credit y'all give him for style doesn't actually come from him.

Dude has been following trends set by others around him for at least 10 years now

Virgil, Don C, Pharrell, Cudi, Asap Rocky, Ian Connor, Shia lebouf, etc. have been influencing HIM for YEARS now.

He's not some fashion savant like some of y'all desperately want him to be.

I’d agree with you here.
The flaw in Ninjas argument is that he discredited Kanye and limited his influence only to sneakers...then he proceeds to mention MJ...someone who’s fashion influence is limited to sneakers.

FTR - I’m a Jordan fan. But I’m not going to let that get in the way of logic.

My point is all the credit y'all give him for style doesn't actually come from him.

Dude has been following trends set by others around him for at least 10 years now

Virgil, Don C, Pharrell, Cudi, Asap Rocky, Ian Connor, Shia lebouf, etc. have been influencing HIM for YEARS now.

You in your feelings or something mami? If not, no reason for the disrespect.

In your attempts to argue my point, you actually making the point for me.

OK - Kanye is copying alllll these other artists you mentioned. The point still remains, the masses aren’t copying all those people...they copying Kanye.

aside...nobody checking for Jordan brand outside of hitting the basketball court

ish a damn lie b :lol:

Jordan runs circles around whateva u think Kanye caters to demographic wise.

again Jordan Brand is a BILLION dollar enterprise... Kanye west's impact in fashion is marginal at best.

Nobody “dresses” like Kanye though because Kanye didn’t create any style of dress. If he wasn’t rocking Ralph Lauren or dressing like a grunge artist from Seattle in ‘94, he was biting Jerry Lorrenzo’s swag or straight up having Don C tell him what retro Jordan’s were hot. Some of y’all can’t really be Kanye fans if y’all don’t know these truths.

Sincerely,

A huge Kanye fan

You mean Kanye's former manager and also his creative director had a influence on him? You don't say LOL.

Nobody is calling him the originator, but he is a major influencer that gets things going and popular.

Seems like y'all respect the popular dude that catches on late versus the cat who creates the wave.

upload_2018-4-22_15-23-13.jpeg

Shout out to the games top "influencer"

Jim Jones aint start bootcut jeans

Jerry aint start grunge.

Ian didnt invent nothing.

ASAP aint invent nothing.

Yall dont even know where these styles come from. Stop getting in your feelings. Yall not about that fashion life anyways

ish a damn lie b :lol:

Jordan runs circles around whateva u think Kanye caters to demographic wise.

again Jordan Brand is a BILLION dollar enterprise... Kanye west's impact in fashion is marginal at best.

Sales point makes sense though when JB clothing is sitting on clearance racks in the toddler, children, and adult sections in Ross and Marshalls nationwide :lol:

Impact in fashion though... It's really just shoes vs shoes. Hard to compare the other stuff, and people really ain't tryina dress like Jordan. It just happens :lol:

There are a lot of similarities between Kanye groupies and the MAGA crowd

All massive borderline obsessive fan bases basically the same tbh. Perception varies depending on how deep into fandom you are.

For example to me, Andre 3k can do no wrong. Then you got your "Wayne the goat idc idc idc" crowd. Then your Aubrey fans.

Point out negatives all day and it falls on deaf ears. People weird as hell.

Back
Top Bottom