<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

The funny thing is that when Jay actually spits "perosnal"/conscious lyrics they get mad and say he fell off (see KC). So some people don't know what they want.

Personally, I don't care. Music is expression - wethe you use it to entertain or educate doesn't matter. If it sounds hot I'll listen to it.

The funny thing is that when Jay actually spits "perosnal"/conscious lyrics they get mad and say he fell off (see KC). So some people don't know what they want.

Personally, I don't care. Music is expression - wethe you use it to entertain or educate doesn't matter. If it sounds hot I'll listen to it.

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

Originally Posted by Deuce King

^ Definitely I think the strongest point is the Jay "flexing his influence for the positive" tidbit... I think most of us can agree we all been waiting for that...at this point he got nutin to lose and it isnt like he gotta get outta his true character to pull it off...we all know its there.

Far as them doing things more exciting...like what? Far as Ye mentoring sum to be the next Jay-Z...i cant call it. I mean his biggest signees or what Cudi n Sean...one counter culture the other fitting the current rapper stereotype to the core. I dont know if he got it in his heart or mind to pull that off right now.

I dont think this album is about money either.
I hear this statement or something similar when people speak on Jay but to me he already does this with his actions in REAL LIFE.  I mean if somebody isn't somehow inspired by his postiive image and actions or business dealings in real life then there's not much his lyrics on record can really do for you.  For example, I haven't heard the track yet, but on WTT as already spoken on in this thread somewhere one of his bars in this album is........"I tried to teach @%+$*% how to be kings, but all they wanted to be was soldiers".  I mean if that statement doesn't wake you up either as a member in the hip hop community or even as a black person to motivate you to do better and to achieve more than I don't know what will, and I'm not specifically speaking to you Ace Rawstein, I'm just speaking to everyone in general.  There are bits and pieces of Jay flexing his influence for the positive or the good in his records, it's just up to people to hear and adhere to it if that's what people want. 

yeah I def agree with you...to me I think he has been setting that positive example for awhile now...but being an elder statesman in the game...I can understand someone feeling like he could easily jump in another lane or create another lane
far as that comment tho...I guess its more of a critical point of view from people who just want him to do More or be More Visible with his actions and playin less into some of the hip-hop cliches. Of course those of us who are big fans of Jay know the deal, but others may not have that perception of him if they are unfamiliar with his entire catalog or some of his moves outside of music or are just highly critical of rap.

Like i think WTT will have its conscious rap moments but at the same time we know he will be talking bout flossin spending money or whatever... If he ever decides to just shed the material rap for a moment and do sumtin like NaS did with "Untitled" for a whole album...
eek.gif
pimp.gif
 or sumtin along those lines, I think it will be even more influential on the game and his legacy

No doubt I hear.  The one thing that reamins true for me is that a person has to be themselves, and the way a person is especially when they are grown is just the way that person is.  Just relating back to the Jordan comparison, when Jordan was in the league people wanted him to take a stance on certain political and world issues but he chose not to for whatever reason because it just wasnt' in him or he didn't want to partake in that.  Even though Jordan had the world's attention and spotlight due to his basketball ability he didn't go that route.  I think Jay speaks on matters or tries to guide folks in his own certain way.  Sometimes the best way to get across to somebody is to talk to them instead of preaching to them which is what Jay does and to me is what he is good at.  That's also to say that I like Nas and his approach on certain matters, but the way he or any other person or rapper does things is what works best for them.

Duece King great posts! Very well put! 

Thanks champ.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^ Definitely I think the strongest point is the Jay "flexing his influence for the positive" tidbit... I think most of us can agree we all been waiting for that...at this point he got nutin to lose and it isnt like he gotta get outta his true character to pull it off...we all know its there.

Far as them doing things more exciting...like what? Far as Ye mentoring sum to be the next Jay-Z...i cant call it. I mean his biggest signees or what Cudi n Sean...one counter culture the other fitting the current rapper stereotype to the core. I dont know if he got it in his heart or mind to pull that off right now.

I dont think this album is about money either.
I hear this statement or something similar when people speak on Jay but to me he already does this with his actions in REAL LIFE.  I mean if somebody isn't somehow inspired by his postiive image and actions or business dealings in real life then there's not much his lyrics on record can really do for you.  For example, I haven't heard the track yet, but on WTT as already spoken on in this thread somewhere one of his bars in this album is........"I tried to teach @%+$*% how to be kings, but all they wanted to be was soldiers".  I mean if that statement doesn't wake you up either as a member in the hip hop community or even as a black person to motivate you to do better and to achieve more than I don't know what will, and I'm not specifically speaking to you Ace Rawstein, I'm just speaking to everyone in general.  There are bits and pieces of Jay flexing his influence for the positive or the good in his records, it's just up to people to hear and adhere to it if that's what people want. 

yeah I def agree with you...to me I think he has been setting that positive example for awhile now...but being an elder statesman in the game...I can understand someone feeling like he could easily jump in another lane or create another lane
far as that comment tho...I guess its more of a critical point of view from people who just want him to do More or be More Visible with his actions and playin less into some of the hip-hop cliches. Of course those of us who are big fans of Jay know the deal, but others may not have that perception of him if they are unfamiliar with his entire catalog or some of his moves outside of music or are just highly critical of rap.

Like i think WTT will have its conscious rap moments but at the same time we know he will be talking bout flossin spending money or whatever... If he ever decides to just shed the material rap for a moment and do sumtin like NaS did with "Untitled" for a whole album...
eek.gif
pimp.gif
 or sumtin along those lines, I think it will be even more influential on the game and his legacy

No doubt I hear.  The one thing that reamins true for me is that a person has to be themselves, and the way a person is especially when they are grown is just the way that person is.  Just relating back to the Jordan comparison, when Jordan was in the league people wanted him to take a stance on certain political and world issues but he chose not to for whatever reason because it just wasnt' in him or he didn't want to partake in that.  Even though Jordan had the world's attention and spotlight due to his basketball ability he didn't go that route.  I think Jay speaks on matters or tries to guide folks in his own certain way.  Sometimes the best way to get across to somebody is to talk to them instead of preaching to them which is what Jay does and to me is what he is good at.  That's also to say that I like Nas and his approach on certain matters, but the way he or any other person or rapper does things is what works best for them.

Duece King great posts! Very well put! 

Thanks champ.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Maybe its cause I'm not black myself, but I think saying he's a positive figure simply cause he's rich and black is a copout.
For me, I'm not saying he's a postive image simply because he's rich and black, which is why I was rather disturbed with that Soulja Boy appreciation post in the General forum the other day.  It's not just about being black and rich, or having the latest watch from Rolex or shopping trips to Gucci that impress me about Jay, but it's the determination that he has and the "I will not lose" mentality in life that he carries
True sh!@

Even when Jay is braggin about his riches its still motivational IMO because you know this dude has put in hard work to reach that level and enjoy the things that come with it. Thats why I dont get why _'s hate on Birdman.

Maybe its cause I'm not black myself, but I think saying he's a positive figure simply cause he's rich and black is a copout.
For me, I'm not saying he's a postive image simply because he's rich and black, which is why I was rather disturbed with that Soulja Boy appreciation post in the General forum the other day.  It's not just about being black and rich, or having the latest watch from Rolex or shopping trips to Gucci that impress me about Jay, but it's the determination that he has and the "I will not lose" mentality in life that he carries
True sh!@

Even when Jay is braggin about his riches its still motivational IMO because you know this dude has put in hard work to reach that level and enjoy the things that come with it. Thats why I dont get why _'s hate on Birdman.

This is HOV we talking about, i'm pretty sure he's really putting all these meanings in his lyrics. Dude really is a genius

This is HOV we talking about, i'm pretty sure he's really putting all these meanings in his lyrics. Dude really is a genius

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

explain

Picture Hov ridin in his Mayback with his arm wih wristwear out, a SnapBack hat on with a frest haircut and manuevering through the city traffic.Or, picture him with his firearm out, with a bunch of time on his hands, ready to do a drive-by. You catch the wordplay/double-meaning yet?
pimp.gif
Triple entendre dont even ask me how...

"arm out the window thru the city I maneuver slow, cockback snapback, see my cut through the holes" 

1a U can see his fresh haircut through the holes of the snapback

1b Moving the maybach through holes in traffic

1c Firearm out aiming in a drive by

this guy.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
these NT lames dont even listen to the music, nobody even noticed it until you pointed it out
alien.gif
then act like it was out of Jays realm to say something like this
indifferent.gif
nothing amazing, chill out

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

explain

Picture Hov ridin in his Mayback with his arm wih wristwear out, a SnapBack hat on with a frest haircut and manuevering through the city traffic.Or, picture him with his firearm out, with a bunch of time on his hands, ready to do a drive-by. You catch the wordplay/double-meaning yet?
pimp.gif
Triple entendre dont even ask me how...

"arm out the window thru the city I maneuver slow, cockback snapback, see my cut through the holes" 

1a U can see his fresh haircut through the holes of the snapback

1b Moving the maybach through holes in traffic

1c Firearm out aiming in a drive by

this guy.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
these NT lames dont even listen to the music, nobody even noticed it until you pointed it out
alien.gif
then act like it was out of Jays realm to say something like this
indifferent.gif
nothing amazing, chill out

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

yall also missing the fourth meaning. "%@!% back snap back, you can see my cut thru the holes" is
a reference to a half back running through holes of a d-line.

HOV IS THE GOD MC
now this makes sense

Jay is my favorite rapper and easily one of the greatest lyricist to grace the mic but yal jus over analyze sometimes but i guess you have to when its Hov cuz he is tricky *kanye shrug*

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

yall also missing the fourth meaning. "%@!% back snap back, you can see my cut thru the holes" is
a reference to a half back running through holes of a d-line.

HOV IS THE GOD MC
now this makes sense

Jay is my favorite rapper and easily one of the greatest lyricist to grace the mic but yal jus over analyze sometimes but i guess you have to when its Hov cuz he is tricky *kanye shrug*

they pulled the doc down fast...

glad I peeped it...some great footage and the songs playing throughout the background all sounded dope

Im ready for this album!

they pulled the doc down fast...

glad I peeped it...some great footage and the songs playing throughout the background all sounded dope

Im ready for this album!

Back
Top Bottom