<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

explain

Picture Hov ridin in his Mayback with his arm wih wristwear out, a SnapBack hat on with a frest haircut and manuevering through the city traffic.Or, picture him with his firearm out, with a bunch of time on his hands, ready to do a drive-by. You catch the wordplay/double-meaning yet?
pimp.gif
Triple entendre dont even ask me how...

"arm out the window thru the city I maneuver slow, cockback snapback, see my cut through the holes" 

1a U can see his fresh haircut through the holes of the snapback

1b Moving the maybach through holes in traffic

1c Firearm out aiming in a drive by

this guy.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Yes triple entendre indeed. I definitely caught this as well on my third listen.  People really sleep on Jay's double/triple entendre usage.  I am a Kanye fan but with this reference alone I don't see how anyone can even remotely say Ye out-shined Hov on this track. It's really not even close.

explain

Picture Hov ridin in his Mayback with his arm wih wristwear out, a SnapBack hat on with a frest haircut and manuevering through the city traffic.Or, picture him with his firearm out, with a bunch of time on his hands, ready to do a drive-by. You catch the wordplay/double-meaning yet?
pimp.gif

"arm out the window thru the city I maneuver slow, cockback snapback, see my cut through the holes" 

this guy.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Yes triple entendre indeed. I definitely caught this as well on my third listen.  People really sleep on Jay's double/triple entendre usage.  I am a Kanye fan but with this reference alone I don't see how anyone can even remotely say Ye out-shined Hov on this track. It's really not even close.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Grimey

Track was very mediocre, I actually kind of expect this album to be a medicore.  I mean, these guys have to miss the boat one of these days right?

LMAO
Of course I respect this response.  Take a legendary artists hook, through the sample on a decent beat of course you're going to revoke a decent response. Track wasn't bad it just wasn't very good.

As artists I just feel this project is lazy, its going to sell well, do well, be critically acclaimed but I like to see artists go out of their comfort zone and expand their boundaries, especially 'Ye who has the ability to produce great music with any type of artist.  I mean do we really need that many Jay/'Ye tracks, don't we have a grip on our Itunes library's already?  It just is a very status quo project to me, more Jay bragging about being rich, Ye flipping soul samples, IDK, I just tired of things easily I guess, but after playin this track twice I never felt a need to play it again.

I guess I just wish 'Ye would find a true artist he could mentor to become the next Jay-Z because I think that would be amazing for Hip-Hop/black music and he has the potential to do that.  This project to me is them just being like "it will do well and make us tens of millions, so lets do it."  But if your an artist it should be bout more than the money and I think they both could be doing things that are more exciting than this.  I'm sure I'll get flamed for this post and that's cool especially when I'm making a judgement but after only hearing what is two tracks right now.  But after how groundbreaking MBDTF was to me, I expected something following that path and to me this is just a redux of old +**%.

As for Jay, yea his verse was filled with some cool entendres but ehh, it didn't do much for me sonically.  Hip-Hop is such a youth oriented art and Jay has been the exception to that rule but I think time is starting to catch up to him somewhat.  Its hard to be that original or amazing after almost 15 years in the game.  Its prolly me just being spoiled knowing his lyrical ability, but at this point in his career, him bragging bout money/drugs/killing the game is a little passe to me.  I just wish he would flex his influence for the positive a little bit more than he does is all I'm saying.

Flame away...

I can respect your response but I think you are making a lot of assumptions regarding their motivation for this project....not to say that your assumptions are wrong.  We will never know and honestly I could care less what their motivation is exactly as long as they make good music. *shrugs* I truly believe both artists are still motivated by making great music I guess we will see via the final product of this album.

As far as do we need more Jay and Ye tracks? Sure why not?! As long as their good I have no complaints with two great artists making music together.  If their subject matter gets stagnant then I would have a problem with them continuing to make music.

I am a huge Jay fan but I can definitely feel your points about him "flexing his influence for the positive a bit more"....I think he will a bit more on this album and his next solo album though.

No flames here... as a music/ hip-hop fan I think you raised some great points of discussion here.

Track was very mediocre, I actually kind of expect this album to be a medicore.  I mean, these guys have to miss the boat one of these days right?

LMAO
Of course I respect this response.  Take a legendary artists hook, through the sample on a decent beat of course you're going to revoke a decent response. Track wasn't bad it just wasn't very good.

As artists I just feel this project is lazy, its going to sell well, do well, be critically acclaimed but I like to see artists go out of their comfort zone and expand their boundaries, especially 'Ye who has the ability to produce great music with any type of artist.  I mean do we really need that many Jay/'Ye tracks, don't we have a grip on our Itunes library's already?  It just is a very status quo project to me, more Jay bragging about being rich, Ye flipping soul samples, IDK, I just tired of things easily I guess, but after playin this track twice I never felt a need to play it again.

I guess I just wish 'Ye would find a true artist he could mentor to become the next Jay-Z because I think that would be amazing for Hip-Hop/black music and he has the potential to do that.  This project to me is them just being like "it will do well and make us tens of millions, so lets do it."  But if your an artist it should be bout more than the money and I think they both could be doing things that are more exciting than this.  I'm sure I'll get flamed for this post and that's cool especially when I'm making a judgement but after only hearing what is two tracks right now.  But after how groundbreaking MBDTF was to me, I expected something following that path and to me this is just a redux of old +**%.

As for Jay, yea his verse was filled with some cool entendres but ehh, it didn't do much for me sonically.  Hip-Hop is such a youth oriented art and Jay has been the exception to that rule but I think time is starting to catch up to him somewhat.  Its hard to be that original or amazing after almost 15 years in the game.  Its prolly me just being spoiled knowing his lyrical ability, but at this point in his career, him bragging bout money/drugs/killing the game is a little passe to me.  I just wish he would flex his influence for the positive a little bit more than he does is all I'm saying.

Flame away...

I can respect your response but I think you are making a lot of assumptions regarding their motivation for this project....not to say that your assumptions are wrong.  We will never know and honestly I could care less what their motivation is exactly as long as they make good music. *shrugs* I truly believe both artists are still motivated by making great music I guess we will see via the final product of this album.

As far as do we need more Jay and Ye tracks? Sure why not?! As long as their good I have no complaints with two great artists making music together.  If their subject matter gets stagnant then I would have a problem with them continuing to make music.

I am a huge Jay fan but I can definitely feel your points about him "flexing his influence for the positive a bit more"....I think he will a bit more on this album and his next solo album though.

No flames here... as a music/ hip-hop fan I think you raised some great points of discussion here.

Every Jay album we play the reach game.

Yal over analyze everything dude says.

What i got from that was he chillin wit his arm out the window, his snapback is cocked back so you can see his haircut through the holes.

Where is this drive-by nonsense comin  from?
laugh.gif

thank you
laugh.gif
the minute dudes hear cockback they wanna talk about gunplay when through the whole song Jay and Ye are talking about stuntin.

What i got from that was he chillin wit his arm out the window, his snapback is cocked back so you can see his haircut through the holes.

laugh.gif

thank you
laugh.gif
the minute dudes hear cockback they wanna talk about gunplay when through the whole song Jay and Ye are talking about stuntin.

LMAO

Flame away...
I agree with almost everything you said here if not everything and honestly I rather hear a new solo album from both artist than this joint one
eyes.gif

LMAO

Flame away...
I agree with almost everything you said here if not everything and honestly I rather hear a new solo album from both artist than this joint one
eyes.gif

^ Agreed this beat is tailor made for him.

The illelegal immigration double entendres in Jay's third verse are dope too! Hov did his thing on this track.

^ Agreed this beat is tailor made for him.

The illelegal immigration double entendres in Jay's third verse are dope too! Hov did his thing on this track.

^ Definitely I think the strongest point is the Jay "flexing his influence for the positive" tidbit... I think most of us can agree we all been waiting for that...at this point he got nutin to lose and it isnt like he gotta get outta his true character to pull it off...we all know its there.

Far as them doing things more exciting...like what? Far as Ye mentoring sum to be the next Jay-Z...i cant call it. I mean his biggest signees or what Cudi n Sean...one counter culture the other fitting the current rapper stereotype to the core. I dont know if he got it in his heart or mind to pull that off right now.

I dont think this album is about money either.

^ Definitely I think the strongest point is the Jay "flexing his influence for the positive" tidbit... I think most of us can agree we all been waiting for that...at this point he got nutin to lose and it isnt like he gotta get outta his true character to pull it off...we all know its there.

Far as them doing things more exciting...like what? Far as Ye mentoring sum to be the next Jay-Z...i cant call it. I mean his biggest signees or what Cudi n Sean...one counter culture the other fitting the current rapper stereotype to the core. I dont know if he got it in his heart or mind to pull that off right now.

I dont think this album is about money either.

I DL'd something called "Watch The Throne: The Samples" from tumblr. Supposedly it's all the tracks sampled on the actual album? Don't know how true it is or not. That's not my question, my question is, there's a track called "I Can't Stop (Original Mix)" I was wondering if anyone knew whose song it actually is? I really like it, but there's no credits as to who the original artist is.

As far as "Otis" goes, I only listened once, but I dig the production, nothing about the wordplay, flow, or lyrics really stood out to me. Track was pretty Ehh. Like someone said above, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't good either.

I DL'd something called "Watch The Throne: The Samples" from tumblr. Supposedly it's all the tracks sampled on the actual album? Don't know how true it is or not. That's not my question, my question is, there's a track called "I Can't Stop (Original Mix)" I was wondering if anyone knew whose song it actually is? I really like it, but there's no credits as to who the original artist is.

As far as "Otis" goes, I only listened once, but I dig the production, nothing about the wordplay, flow, or lyrics really stood out to me. Track was pretty Ehh. Like someone said above, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't good either.

explain

Picture Hov ridin in his Mayback with his arm wih wristwear out, a SnapBack hat on with a frest haircut and manuevering through the city traffic. Or, picture him with his firearm out, with a bunch of time on his hands, ready to do a drive-by. You catch the wordplay/double-meaning yet?
pimp.gif

this guy.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah Im ready for another Jay album...
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

explain

Picture Hov ridin in his Mayback with his arm wih wristwear out, a SnapBack hat on with a frest haircut and manuevering through the city traffic. Or, picture him with his firearm out, with a bunch of time on his hands, ready to do a drive-by. You catch the wordplay/double-meaning yet?
pimp.gif

this guy.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah Im ready for another Jay album...
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

"Arm through the window of the car", "maneuvering slow", "cockback", "snap back", "cutting through" and "holes" don't ALSO sound like gun/drive-by phrases and references to you? If dude wasn't known for dropping layered meanings before in his lyrics I would agree with you, but this reads like some Scarface @@!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

"Arm through the window of the car", "maneuvering slow", "cockback", "snap back", "cutting through" and "holes" don't ALSO sound like gun/drive-by phrases and references to you? If dude wasn't known for dropping layered meanings before in his lyrics I would agree with you, but this reads like some Scarface @@!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom