Kanye to name next album "I Am God"

StillIn729 what you know about ancient Egypt?
Why don't you post a reference for the stuff you're posting?  An article from a historian would be great...

I'll wait.

laugh.gif
 "Level 4-5" nonsense.

I just want to go on record and say Cruel Summer was boo boo.
They messed up dropping every good song on the album months before it came out. Dudes were already tired of em.
Yep. Mercy, God Flow, Cold, and Clique woulda been much more appreciated if the first listen was on the album, but by the time it dropped, they had been *****d out by the radio, and those were the 4 best/strongest songs on the album.

And on top of that they put that Keef remix on it instead of giving us some Cruel Summer movie cuts

^ Ending the album with that Remix was a bad move.

Other than the radio joints the only good songs on Cruel Summer was To The World and The Morning.

Lol! But no one has a problem with all the biblical references him and G.O.O.D have been putting out lately?? OH!? ****, Wrath of Cain, anyone?

I prefer Rich Black American though. Has a better ring to it. :smokin

No, they have been taking it too far for a while. Haven't crossed the line, but come close ...

truth.

A God is just a being that has asceneded to a higher plane of existance.

We live in one frequency, and a god is able to not only understand ours but exist on a higher frequency as well.

Like we're on level 3, in ancient Egypt the gods were beings that lived on levels 5-6 and up, and when they started getting Pharoah's those were people who were on level 4-5.

Why do you think "Jesus is Lord, The Holy Ghost, Son of God" and all that stuff? He was just a dude who had ascended to a higher level MUCH in the same way Osiris did (through death and ressurection and ascention to the next level).
knowledgebones you know the type of audience we're addressing on here.

StillIn729 what you know about ancient Egypt?
Why don't you post a reference for the stuff you're posting?  An article from a historian would be great...

I'll wait.

:lol:  "Level 4-5" nonsense.

What you are about to read next will be quite a long read, though I will try to keep it as succinct as possible. I am including the SCHOLARLY and HISTORICAL texts that these ideas are being put forth through. These are not random websites or podcast dudes who troll on forums. These are real books and articles written by tenured professors who have physically seen these papyruses and have physically been in these tombs and have been proven in the ACADEMIC community to have strength and validation in what they are saying.

In order to get an idea of the origin of the King or Pharoah as being a higher being spiritually, working as a liason between regular humans and the gods themselves, you've got to understand that according to ancient Egyptian records the gods themselves WERE the kings/queens. (Pinch, Geraldine (2004). Egyptian Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Goddesses, and Traditions of Ancient Egypt. Oxford University Press. p. 69. Geraldine Harris Pinch is a member of the Faculty of Oriental Studies at the University of Oxford)

According to Pinch's research: Ra dwells on earth as king of the gods and of humans. This period is the closest thing to a golden age in Egyptian tradition, the period of stability that the Egyptians constantly sought to evoke and imitate. Yet the stories about Ra's reign focus on conflicts between him and forces that disrupt his rule, reflecting the king's role in Egyptian ideology as enforcer of maat. (Maat is the principle or concept of law and the natural order of the universe.)

At a certain point mankind decides "Ra is cool, but what has he done for ME lately?" And they turn on him. Ra leaves, and a bunch of Gods over a long period of time try to take his place, with dynasties of Gods ruling like dynasties of kings. They rule over the people like kings in families that reflect traditional royal houses, fight with eachother for power and territory, and generally run things and are NOT acknowledged as "Gods" in the way Greeks or the Abrahamic religions see it in terms of some great cloud dwelling being over there away from us, but they're just a higher level of being that, since they are operating at a much higher level of existance just naturally have a place above humans in the great chain of being. (Uphill, E. P., "The Ancient Egyptian View of World History", in Tait 2003, pp. 17–26. Eric Uphill is a lecturer in Egyptian archaeology at Birkbeck College, Centre for Extra-Mural Studies.)

The most famous of these rulers is Osiris, and the story of his death, ressurection, and the sucession of his heirs not only marks his dynasty as the tail end of "straight up gods" ruling over mankind, but also shows the transition of powers and responsibilities through lineage and the mixing of blood lines with humans which results in a class of humans that come to be the pharoahs. This story is common knowledge, so I'm going to go ahead and jack the wikipedia page in the following spoiler. For reference, this concept comes from what is known as the Pyramid Texts. Obviously, these are text which were written on the walls of the pyramids. According to Richard H. Wilkinson, archaeologist and Regents Professor Emeritus, Ph.D. at the University of Arizona and Founding Director of the University of Arizona Egyptian Expedition, the Pyramid Texts could possibly be the oldest written text in the history of the human race(The Complete Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt, Thames and Hudson, New York, 2003, p 6). In the following spoiler is a synopsis from Wikipedia of the Osiris saga:

The collection of episodes surrounding Osiris' death and succession is the most elaborate of all Egyptian myths, and it had the most widespread influence in Egyptian culture.[82] In the first portion of the myth, Osiris, who is associated with both fertility and kingship, is killed and his position usurped by his brother Set. In some versions of the myth, Osiris is actually dismembered and the pieces of his corpse scattered across Egypt. Osiris' sister and wife, Isis, finds her husband's body and restores it to wholeness.[83] She is assisted by funerary deities such as Nephthys and Anubis, and the process of Osiris' restoration reflects Egyptian traditions of embalming and burial. Isis then briefly revives Osiris to conceive an heir with him: the god Horus.[84]

The next portion of the myth concerns Horus' birth and childhood. Isis gives birth to and raises her son in secluded places, hidden from the menace of Set. The episodes in this phase of the myth concern Isis' efforts to protect her son from Set or other hostile beings, or to heal him from sickness or injury. In these episodes Isis is the epitome of maternal devotion and a powerful practitioner of healing magic.[85]

In the third phase of the story, Horus competes with Set for the kingship. Their struggle encompasses a great number of separate episodes and ranges in character from violent conflict to a legal judgment by the assembled gods.[86] In one important episode, Set tears out one or both of Horus' eyes, which are later restored by the healing efforts of Thoth or Hathor. For this reason, the Eye of Horus is a prominent symbol of life and well-being in Egyptian iconography. Because Horus is a sky god, with one eye equated with the sun and the other with the moon, the destruction and restoration of the single eye explains why the moon is less bright than the sun.[87]

Texts present two different resolutions for the divine contest: one in which Egypt is divided between the two claimants, and another in which Horus becomes sole ruler. In the latter version, the ascension of Horus, Osiris' rightful heir, symbolizes the reestablishment of maat after the unrighteous rule of Set. With order restored, Horus can perform the funerary rites for his father that are his duty as son and heir. Through this service Osiris is given new life in the Duat, whose ruler he becomes. The relationship between Osiris as king of the dead and Horus as king of the living stands for the relationship between every king and his deceased predecessors. Osiris, meanwhile, represents the regeneration of life. On earth he is credited with the annual growth of crops, and in the Duat he is involved in the rebirth of the sun and of deceased human souls.[88]

After this, Horus is left as the king of the living while Osiris rules over the dead. There's no more fighting amongst gods for power, and as time goes on people are more equipped to rule themselves, and just like in the Bible how "the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose" (Genesis 6:2) the rulers of Egypt began mating with their subjects. There was a class of humans who acted as consorts between these rulers and the people.

This is why: 1) though the word "Pharoah" actually refers to the PALACE itself, at a certain point the meaning of the word shifted to describe the human occupying the position of king (Redmount, Carol A. "Bitter Lives: Israel in and out of Egypt." p. 89–90. The Oxford History of the Biblical World. Michael D. Coogan, ed. Oxford University Press. 1998. Carol Redmount is an associate professor of Egyptian archaeology in the Department of Near Eastern Studies at UC Berkeley. She is principal investigator of the campus's archaeological excavation project at El Hibeh, a desert site located on the ancient boundary between upper and lower Egypt.)

and 2) The first Pharoahs were known only by their "Horus Names", which refer to the lineage they claim which links them to Horus and validates their claim to literally and physically be an incarnate of Horus's bloodline. (The following is a link from the University College of London, which explains the Horus name. http://www.digitalegypt.ucl.ac.uk/ideology/kingname/horus.html ) The Horus Name is only part of a Pharoah's name, but the first Pharoahs were known ONLY by their Horus Names. (According to the same ACADEMIC site, under the section "what is a king?": "from the First Dynasty to the Roman Period (about 3000BC-AD300), the king of Egypt is called Horus (god of order and celestial power), and has a separate 'Horus name', identifying him as a unique manifestation of that god". (this is the only time I would actually cite a website, but this is an official academic resource for University College London. You can't just make stuff up and post it to a university website which serves as the basis for study materials for its students.)

Anyways, I've been typing for a while. I hope you've been content to wait, and I'd like to thank you for waiting. There's a lot more research you can do on your own, and this is just stuff I've put together to show you that I'm not making this up. I'm still learning about my history, but at least I'm learning and not acting as though I know what the deal is.

An educated, tolerant dude?  Man what a puppet...  And to think he could be standing in the street selling bean pies...
the fu** u talkin about jay-z didnt even graduate high school. an im not muslim so if ur tryna insult me with the bean pie thing... 

knowledge good ****...and that's the type of **** I been on for the past 10 years or so. 

Name of his album would be better if it was called "YEEZUS" instead of this. I still listen to ye though.

What do you two want to hear? You defend your idol by posting a Nas album cover then go on a college course steez like you are Dr. Indiana Jones

The Nas cover refers to being a king not a god regardless of your 20 page NT thesis

Kanye's reasoning is completely different which is the ultimate point

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=15285
Famed photographer Danny Hastings has shot iconic cover images for Big Pun’s Capital Punishment and Raekwon’s Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, but his album art shoot for Nas’ I Am almost ended in disaster. In order to make the iconic mask featured on the cover, Hastings and his crew put a clay mold on his face and poked air holes so he could breathe, but he almost suffocated after clay got lodged in his nose.

“The funny part was that the first attempt, Nas was getting asphyxiated. We almost killed Nas," Hastings told MTV.com. “We cleaned him up, and he was like, 'Let's do it again!' […] Nas was a true sport."

He also explained the meaning behind the cover, and how it built off of previous album art for Illmatic and It Was Written. "The first one, you have him being a boy, very young. The second was a little bit older. And the third one, he was a king," he continued. "He already conquered the world. He was on top of the world. He was doing a lot of big things. We came with the concept of making a King Tut sarcophagus piece."

Some NTers always trying to outsmart everyone by doing advanced calculus for an algebra problem, when the answer is quite simple

Last edited:
1. Thank you. That was the exact amount of salt i wanted.

2. You can't demand I give you scholarly references and information, then get all snippy about it when I do.

3. Indiana Jones is that dude.

1. Thank you. That was the exact amount of salt i wanted.

2. You can't demand I give you scholarly references and information, then get all snippy about it when I do.

3. Indiana Jones is that dude.

When did I demand scholarly references? You are obviously avoiding what I just wrote because your references are irrelevant to Nas's point of the cover which wasn't even his idea

Last edited:
So we're gonna sit here and act like Nas didn't start rocking the King Tut chain...then fast forward a year or so later Kanye is rocking the Heru chain extra big. 

How many times throughout Nas career have you heard him refer to himself or others as God? Stems from the 5 percent culture prominent in NY but its interchangeable in a sense.

Back
Top Bottom