Just got a DUI....Any1 kno about this??

True, but hitting my soft spot is far less important than him understanding things. I'm just some lame on the internet; his mind and his conscience willalways be with him.

smh.gif
Ska is definitely gonna be a little more heated than usual about this right now... i am too, to be honest.

a player on the LA Angels and 2 of his friends/family members just died last night because some %+#!*$* drunk idiot ran into them at an intersection.
indifferent.gif

wow no exuses for drinking and driving, the reason everyone is taking it a little more serious today, is because of what happened to the Angels pitcher NickAdenhart. Which is a perfect example of it was only one drink doesnt mean *!%$.

But I never said that anyone who drives drunk is a terrible person.

It's a terrible, inexcusable mistake that is treated far too lightly; that's what I've always said.

I don't think drunk drivers are terrible people at all.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

It's a terrible, inexcusable mistake that is treated far too lightly; that's what I've always said.

you just come hard everytime someone makes a thread about it.

i dont agree with people driving drunk but people mess up all the time. as long as they and other people learn from it theres nothing more we can ask for.

I'm with ska on this one too...
I understand that people make mistakes...� just man... learn from them before it's too late..

. http://www.youtube.com/v/cPDzAAT2XO0&hl=en&fs=1

Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two others were killed today when a minivan driven by an alleged drunk driver broadsided their car after running a red light, authorities said.

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4z8lahttp://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4z8lahttp://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4z8lahttp://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4z8la
http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4z8la

Imagine the guilt...
[size=+1]Man charged in crash that killed son[/size]

MONTROSE â€" An Olathe man suspected of killing his own son in an auto crash was formally charged today with vehicular homicide-DUI.

Juan Prieto-Gonzalez, 32, is accused of running through a stop sign at 54.00 Road and Highway 348 April 6, and colliding with another vehicle, seriously injuring three of its occupants.

The crash killed his 8-year-old son, Jose.

The Colorado State Patrol says Prieto-Gonzalez was intoxicated and has a history of DUI.

He was charged with vehicular homicide-DUI, vehicular homicide-reckless driving and child abuse-recklessly causing death, the courts said.

Prieto-Gonzalez was also charged with three counts of vehicular assault-reckless; three counts of vehicular assault-DUI; reckless driving, DUI, DUI per se and no proof of insurance.

Bond remains $100,000 cash-only.

Prieto-Gonzalez is due back in court at 9 a.m. April 30.

Lives destroyed...

Published: April 9, 2009

AMHERST - In the 11 months it took for her husband to succumb to injuries suffered after their car was hit by a two-time DUI offender, Ann Blair only missed one day visiting him in the hospital, she tearfully recounted Wednesday.

John Blair, 68, made her promise to go out and buy another big car that day, she said, instead of driving her compact Kia.

"He was afraid if I was in another accident, I would be killed," she testified.

David Martin, 45, of Farmdale Drive in Amherst County, was sentenced Wednesday to nine years in prison in Amherst County Circuit Court for aggravated involuntary manslaughter, driving as a habitual offender and driving under the influence.

Martin hit the Blairs' car as they were leaving the Rutledge Inn on March 15, 2007. The crash threw Martin from his car, broke Ann Blair's ribs, injured her leg and left her husband trapped in the wreck.

John Blair never left the hospital.

He died on Feb. 15, 2008. His wife said he had been able to put a Valentine's Day message for her in the paper before suffering cardiac arrest earlier that month, from which he never recovered.

In 37 years of marriage, John Blair had made a career as a freelance writer and as a property manager at Rutledge Hills, his wife said. During their relationship, they were fairly introverted and spent a lot of time to themselves, she said.

"All of a sudden, that person is gone and you are empty," she said.

Martin previously had been convicted of DUI, driving suspended, assault and battery and resisting arrest, and twice previously of driving as a habitual offender. He had a blood alcohol content between 0.17 and 0.18 percent after the crash, according to earlier testimony.

The legal limit is .08.

Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Anthony Martin told Judge Michael Gamble that David Martin had been seen speeding around the area earlier in the day in his girlfriend's BMW. David Martin also admitted to drinking a pint of liquor before getting behind the wheel, the prosecutor said.

David Martin apologized to Blair and told the judge he would take the day back if he could.

"Being incarcerated is a daily hell," he said. "I can't change it, I just pray."

He said he doesn't remember what happened that day and said March 15 was a tragedy for him as well. He complained that one of his legs still is not healed and said he has not received appropriate treatment while jailed.

He said he has two grandchildren he has never seen because he has been locked up.

"At least David Martin's family can visit him," the prosecutor said before the judge pronounced the sentence.

Gamble sentenced him to serve seven years for aggravated involuntary manslaughter, a year for driving as a habitual offender and 12 months in jail for DUI.

Martin will be on probation for 20 years after he is released.

the one thing i am for though is stricter laws for repeat offenders. if you screw up more than once you should be punished severely.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

i dont agree with people driving drunk but people mess up all the time. as long as they and other people learn from it theres nothing more we can ask for.
The problem is that people often don't learn until it's too late..
How many times do you read the news and some idiotic repeat drunk driver kills someone?....way too many times

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

You know SKA isn't the only one who is going to be heated about this particular thing..
eyes.gif
.. Learn from what?? the only way people learn when they get DUI's is whenthey get caught.. Who knows if it's by the sirens or by hitting/running someone the heck over.. Haven't we just seen what happened with the Angelspitcher and the Donte Stallworth Situation.. There should be no lenience taken with "Oh it's just a DUI, people make mistakes all the time".. And by the time someone learns from their mistake, it's usually a little too late..

Now with the OP's situation.. I'm not exactly sure if they will take into account that you've already had a prior offense to underage drinking.. But, hopefully it's enough to make you realize the severity of itall.. If it takes a cop taking you in.. It's much better then you putting other people and yourself at risk..
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Whateva u do, dont plea guilty.
Just keep takin it to court until
u can get the lesser fine, just
do not plea guilty to a DUI. Im
goin through the same thing
right now, been to court 2wice
so far and have seen people get
all charges dropped from DUI from
last year after repeat appearances.
My lawyers have also told me the same.
Unfortunately I am in GA and I have to
take the DUI classes regardless.

WOW @ that second vid Dirty posted...
smh.gif
frown.gif

Actually, I'm done for the night after that one. Later.

i could sit here and flame you for days, but you should be mature enough to know how dumb your actions were.

i'd guess that you'd lose it for the 3 months though.

You're definitely not trying to hear what the hell I have to say. The justifications and irresponsibility for what you did is so blatantly obvious in your replies, so there's no use in saying anything more than this: I can only hope that as you continue to go down this path, you only harm yourself. Unfortunately, that never happens. What happens is people like you continue to drive more and more drunk until they finally tear some family apart by killing everyone involved in an accident caused by your bored, 'not that drunk' self, and you walk away from it with a headache and a cracked rib.

mad.gif

Screw all the 'Oh, everyone makes mistakes' bullcrap. This is a mistake that NO ONE should be allowed to make, not one time.

Only people who have DUIs or feel like they might someday get a DUI say things like 'No big deal. No one's perfect.'

Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol IS a big deal.

Dammit, I've already said more than your apparently willing to accept.

Ugh.
dunkairs:
Get a good lawyer DAMN CLUE bus pass is all i have to say
Fixed.
agree with u totally, i felt a need to change your fixing tho,
laugh.gif

regardless if its .03 he's a minor any sort of limit and thats a DUI / underage.

imagine if you would have gotten in a car accident and killed someone, dont get me started.

sip of alcohol whatever, obviously you got caught so that sip got you caught up.

this situation makes me heated and i cant wait till they make drinking while driving laws even tougher, so idiots like you and the rest of the country whodecides to put themselves in danger and putting the public in danger deserve to get the book thrown at them.

You're definitely not trying to hear what the hell I have to say. The justifications and irresponsibility for what you did is so blatantly obvious in your replies, so there's no use in saying anything more than this: I can only hope that as you continue to go down this path, you only harm yourself. Unfortunately, that never happens. What happens is people like you continue to drive more and more drunk until they finally tear some family apart by killing everyone involved in an accident caused by your bored, 'not that drunk' self, and you walk away from it with a headache and a cracked rib.

mad.gif

Screw all the 'Oh, everyone makes mistakes' bullcrap. This is a mistake that NO ONE should be allowed to make, not one time.

Only people who have DUIs or feel like they might someday get a DUI say things like 'No big deal. No one's perfect.'

Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol IS a big deal.

Dammit, I've already said more than your apparently willing to accept.

Ugh.
dunkairs:
Get a good lawyer DAMN CLUE is all i have to say
Fixed.

have fun paying 1700ish for the ticket. I got mine two month ago. I learn my lessons and never do it again. All i got to say this ticket cost a arm and an leg.

this sort of thing always hits so close to home for me.. my mom, 7months pregnant with my little brother, myself, sister, and a few family friends were ridingin a car just miles from home almost 22 years ago.. We were hit by a drunk driver forcing a early delivery of my little brother.... luckily, all turned outwell 21 years LATER. just recently we come to find out this guy who hit us is a repeat offender, STILL getting DUIs to this day. its a sad system we have inplace.. over crowded prisons. judges and lawyers who just dont have any morals or compassion.

I quit drinkin n drivin a while back...I figured I played with luck way too many times!! I use to drive drunk like it was nothing, but the fines and headacheisnt worth what I can lose...So now I get a DD or stay home.

Back
Top Bottom