Jordan XI Legend Blue - December 14, 2024

I know you saw my mans just post those images...

CIQMGBS (1).png
Without fail every time :smh:

This is gonna be a double up. Finally did these right after all of these years. My Mom drove me 45 minutes away to track down a pair of these when I was a kid. Rocked them proudly with a fugazi UNC jersey I found at a local mom and pops sneaker shop. Great times 😂

*sidenote: The clowns in the IG sneaker pages comments still whining about the PL height and how they want the “OG” low PL back are as annoying as it gets. Nike does pay attention to **** like that I pray the dark ages don’t return soon.

7th grade in 95/96 school year for me and I had firmly shifted into trying to be a skater boy. Had the bleached bowl cut and the airwalk shoes for a couple years there, but I remember the first time I saw those baby blue all star 11s walking up the hall I bout flipped out of my chair. He had those sateen tear away baby blue unc pants that were popular back then and the entire vibe was insane. I was still a skater boy, but best believe I was drooling in my Eastbay mag that spring on the black and reds.

Looking at the last 2 pages....official pics still look different than the video from X posted and OG pic posted. Not totally sold as of now, but I still plan on copping.

Comparison

Both of those top pairs look like 2001 retros to me in various states of aging. Not saying that top pair isn’t a ‘96, I know pairs do vary but it does look suspicious. Only thing that makes me question my judgement is the slight blue tint that is still visible, but people do dye soles.

Both of those top pairs look like 2001 retros to me in various states of aging. Not saying that top pair isn’t a ‘96, I know pairs do vary but it does look suspicious. Only thing that makes me question my judgement is the slight blue tint that is still visible, but people do dye soles.
I could see where one might think that. That said, I’m pretty sure that top pair is a 96’. Look at how the patent leather on the toe box doesn’t come up as far. (Still something they haven’t fixed on recent 11’s). That was pretty standard on most OG 11’s as far as I can tell. The patent height on the mudguard did vary but was definitely higher on average than all retros before 2016. Then ofc the greenish tint on the outsole. The general profile of the shoe has that classic bulky look the OG is known for too.

The 2001 & 2014 versions looked like bootlegs compared to the originals from 1996.

Perhaps many will disagree with me feeling the 2001 version looks like a bootleg because it was liked by many. The shape and height details were off compared to the 1996 version.

The 2014 version is the ultimate bootleg as agreed upon by many. The incorrect positioning of the Jumpman logo on the side just made that crappy version even more f'd up.

The 2024 version is an absolutely acceptable replica. Ironically, the size of the patent leather is quite larger compared to the 1996 originals! But it will surely be acceptable by most. The other difference I see is the shades of blue seem brighter on this version compared to the 1996 version.

Definitely gonna grab a pair at release. Would be nice if I was able to grab a second pair below retail down the line. I’ve been able to snag hella pairs below retail the last 12 months. Mostly from the secondary markets too.

These are looking really nice. Might be the top release for the rest of this year IMO. Count me in.

These will be had. Look really good and this was my 1st pair of Js ever back in 96. Trying to off my 2014s.

These were never my favorite of the OGs but I really want a a pair now! Looks like they're done right this time. Someone post a link to the fat laces for completion.

These were never my favorite of the OGs but I really want a a pair now! Looks like they're done right this time. Someone post a link to the fat laces for completion.
When done right they are the best!! These still not right . But better

The 2001 & 2014 versions looked like bootlegs compared to the originals from 1996.

Perhaps many will disagree with me feeling the 2001 version looks like a bootleg because it was liked by many. The shape and height details were off compared to the 1996 version.

The 2014 version is the ultimate bootleg as agreed upon by many. The incorrect positioning of the Jumpman logo on the side just made that crappy version even more f'd up.

The 2024 version is an absolutely acceptable replica. Ironically, the size of the patent leather is quite larger compared to the 1996 originals! But it will surely be acceptable by most. The other difference I see is the shades of blue seem brighter on this version compared to the 1996 version.
The patent leather cut varies on the og pairs . Most were higher than the ones in the comparison pic

Back
Top Bottom