Jordan X Dark Shadow- April 2018

Got my pair in today and they feel really comfy. A lot of padding too. X’s are very underrated and I’m glad these were so easy to obtain.

Could you tell me if the cushion is really good because my NYC have a hard airsole unit and so the cushion is not really good.

Could you tell me if the cushion is really good because my NYC have a hard airsole unit and so the cushion is not really good.
I wouldn’t say REALLY good, but I wore mine all day yesterday and I was chillin. You can feel the air a bit if you squish down on them a bit. I feel they’re a bit better than the OVOs and better than the 2011? Pairs.

Unds today. Wasting no time with these...

6104EBF1-560E-4FC4-9DFF-5BF6400FEB5A.jpeg

Make sure ya'll check your pairs, myvboy just texted me over a pic and said the left and right shoe toe box shape is different, one being more sloped down and another with a bolder hump. Both same production dates, he said the pic doesn't do it justice and in person its clearly feels and fits different.

Attachments

• 10sss.jpg
    10sss.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 61
I wouldn’t say REALLY good, but I wore mine all day yesterday and I was chillin. You can feel the air a bit if you squish down on them a bit. I feel they’re a bit better than the OVOs and better than the 2011? Pairs.
I think it was 2012.
^^^10s are pretty stiff in general. I'd put an insole in, if you're concerned with the cushioning.
Oh yes i'm concerned and i don't know how Kemba Walker played with these shoes! Or i watched a video of Nate Robinson telling that he was really comfortable in the 10.
But as the Dark Shadow are to much grey for me, and the cushion doesn't work, it is an easy pass!
I prefere my NYC!
I remember my Double Nickel, the right shoes was stiff compare to the left, and the left, trust me, was so good! An OG cushioning for sure but not the right.
But i love so much the series against the Hornets 95, Jordan was just on fire during 4 game!
Sorry Michael, come back with the OG colorway, like the Orlando, and i will buy the Dark Shadow!!

PS, if someone could make a photo under the insole it could be appreciated!!

Haven't bought a pair of Air Jordans for 7 years (2011 white/cement IIIs) but I had to come out of retirement for these!
Always been a fan of the Xs and especially the Shadows, so when I saw that these were finally a pretty faithful retro to the originals...

giphy.webp

Only very minor gripes would be that the cushioning underfoot is pretty hard, nowhere near as "spongy" as the OGs or even CDPs. The back cut of the heel doesn't come up as high as the '94s... and the Jumpmans are backwards -I know they did this in keeping with the original China factories, but personally I've never been a fan of backward JMs... turn 'em around like you did from '05 onward.

Having said that, I'm very pleased with them. Overall the quality is good. Soft brushed suede with thick padding in the collar and tongue, aesthetically decent shape and finally a box that is actually big enough to store them! :lol: (OG owners will remember that the boxes for the VIIIs - IXs - Xs and some of the XIs were ridiculously narrow)

26893052927_05786b9b84_b.jpg

:nthat:

Just copped boys for $163 from footlocker really loving the look of them glad these where able to sit also saw a lot of cool grey lows too

firepower firepower
Haven't bought a pair of Air Jordans for 7 years (2011 white/cement IIIs) but I had to come out of retirement for these!
Always been a fan of the Xs and especially the Shadows, so when I saw that these were finally a pretty faithful retro to the originals...
:nthat:

What size are you ... toebox looks nicer that others. most ive seen look like the top end of a baseball bat vs a fighter jet

Refreshing to read all y'all NT fam hyped with no regrets copping for retail. Peace of mind > Discount.

That being said these do strike me as a pair personally that I would take a less than perfect QC pair of for deep enough of a discount because these are gonna look amazing as beaters!

I was finally able to get my pairs from the access point Saturday morning. Picked out the best of both and sent one back. Even though I got the better pair, I was surprised to find that both were decent; one of the boxes were a little dinged too. The box for these is a bit flimsy.

62AB41AB-A117-48E1-B5AB-DAB600981437.jpeg

I was finally able to get my pairs from the access point Saturday morning. Picked out the best of both and sent one back. Even though I got the better pair, I was surprised to find that both were decent; one of the boxes were a little dinged too. The box for these is a bit flimsy.

62AB41AB-A117-48E1-B5AB-DAB600981437.jpeg
I wasn’t expecting the flimsy box myself. Took me by surprise. Safe to say it won’t be one of the bottom boxes of a stack lol

i see what you guys were saying about the midsole not connecting. thats gonna be a problem as the shoe gets old.

quality control really lacking with these

i do like that they are more darker than some pics make them out to be

Last edited:
i would not be shocked if these just had heel air

that forefoot is hard as ****. i lift the insole up and there is no give

Still nobody to show a picture of under the insole?
And yes it is a full lenght air sole unit.
But apparently they are not comfortable for the cushion.

Back
Top Bottom