Jordan V Laney 2013-Modern Notoriety "Confirmed"

according to the launch locators all the places that got the BlackTongue 5s, are getting these as well. 

And luckily that was the last time i was able to get a pair of jordans since my new job requires me to work saturday mornings and ive struck out on EVERY raffle ive ever entered. i was able to walk in a local shop and buy the 5s when i took an early lunch.

is there any new update on how limited or if these are gonna be limited?

From what I'm hearing these are a normal GR, not steel numbers like some have said.

I was always told that shoes intended as Full GRs (200k to 300k) were produced in half-sizes above sz12.
That goes back to the early-to-late 90s when I worked at Foot Locker thru HS and college.
This Laney V doesn't come in half-sizes above 12.
Maybe that indicator doesn't carry weight any longer, which I understand, considering that was light years ago...
But logically thinking, if a shoe is produced in heavy GR numbers, common sense leads me to think it would come in sz 12.5 etc.
:nerd:

My local mall all 3 stores have them, FTL,FTA,CHMPS.
My Sat morning pregame ritual. If its a raffle pick up I'll cruise up with the Familia 2 do a lil shopping for the Wifey and Daughter, since my 2 boys and I will be getting our J's. Then go out to eat and get our grub on.
If its a FCFS process, Wake n Bake with my homie who we role 2 gether for most releases. Dress warm with A J sweat outfit, Jordan beinie Nike winter running 3M gloves Lakers blanket. And as for wut J's 2 wear? I don't ever UNDS a pair for release or pick up day. Lately I've been rocking my XX8 Stealths Cruz I'm usually all Black Cat Ninja'd out. But if its not the XX8's usually rock sumptin from 99' up 2 2007. So all them fakes and young buck hypebeasts can stare and ask stupid dumb nonsense questions. One a year I'll rock a pair of my NA J's from the late 90's or early 2001. 2 shut em all up and be like Awww Daaam!...

I guess I'm the only one who finds it sad that we've passively become okay with not expecting anything out of $160-170 sneakers.

Like, at what point did it stop being "they need to step it up like they occasionally show us that they know how to" and start being "either just deal with it or show yourself the door"?
We all think it's sad.  Unless you make the decisions over at JB, nothing is changing.  You can ask for better quality J's all you want.  You'll be asking till the end of time.  

I was always told that shoes intended as Full GRs (200k to 300k) were produced in half-sizes above sz12.
That goes back to the early-to-late 90s when I worked at Foot Locker thru HS and college.
This Laney V doesn't come in half-sizes above 12.
Maybe that indicator doesn't carry weight any longer, which I understand, considering that was light years ago...
But logically thinking, if a shoe is produced in heavy GR numbers, common sense leads me to think it would come in sz 12.5 etc.
:nerd:

I'm hearing like 5 per size from non Footlocker/Finishline stores [shrug]

We all think it's sad.  Unless you make the decisions over at JB, nothing is changing.  You can ask for better quality J's all you want.  You'll be asking till the end of time.  

I'm well aware of the futility of it all, but I'd rather at least keep beating a dead horse than to ever just accept it. People complaining about the way things were before had a lot to do with how things are now, so I don't see why it would be a wild thought for complaints of the opposite sprung some kind of change. I like to believe that NT's opinions matter even a little bit to these companies.

i may pass on these.  dope dope shoe of course, but not a MUST cop for me.    Kind of hard passing up on these when I can get them for $135 flat.  See how i feel come saturday morning 

My local mall all 3 stores have them, FTL,FTA,CHMPS.
My Sat morning pregame ritual. If its a raffle pick up I'll cruise up with the Familia 2 do a lil shopping for the Wifey and Daughter, since my 2 boys and I will be getting our J's. Then go out to eat and get our grub on.
If its a FCFS process, Wake n Bake with my homie who we role 2 gether for most releases. Dress warm with A J sweat outfit, Jordan beinie Nike winter running 3M gloves Lakers blanket. And as for wut J's 2 wear? I don't ever UNDS a pair for release or pick up day. Lately I've been rocking my XX8 Stealths Cruz I'm usually all Black Cat Ninja'd out. But if its not the XX8's usually rock sumptin from 99' up 2 2007. So all them fakes and young buck hypebeasts can stare and ask stupid dumb nonsense questions. One a year I'll rock a pair of my NA J's from the late 90's or early 2001. 2 shut em all up and be like Awww Daaam!...
cool story bro 
mean.gif

Went & got my ticket from my local champs yesterday. Secured my pair & it feels so good.
I remember seeing someone with the 2000 version when I was in sixth grade & ever since then I have needed them

Everywhere here is FCFS, so my pre-game routine is to stop by Tim Horton's or Micky D's, grab some early breakfast and a large coffee. The weather dictates what I'll wear, usually jeans and a hoody, if it's raining then beaters, if it's dry then whatever J I feel like, never really UNDS anything just for a release. Like people previously said, I like wearing a pair of J's because it's a good ice breaker, I don't do it to show off to people. It's boring as hell standing outside all by yourself, it's a little more bearable if you're choppin it up with people.

Last edited:
Everywhere here is FCFS, so my pre-game routine is to stop by Tim Horton's or Micky D's, grab some early breakfast and a large coffee. .
Tim Hortons .. you must be in Canada ..

grab me some tidbits timbits .. i cant remember what they called

Everywhere here is FCFS, so my pre-game routine is to stop by Tim Horton's or Micky D's, grab some early breakfast and a large coffee. .
Tim Hortons .. you must be in Canada ..

grab me some tidbits timbits .. i cant remember what they called
Yes sir, was living in Vancouver, B.C. until I moved a couple months ago back to Victoria B.C. (2 hour ferry ride away from Vancouver). I love me some Tim Horton's, and you were right, they're timbits :smokin

The fire red 5's that released in August were available at several stores in my city.  None of those stores will be carrying the Laneys.  Still unsure if I want to grab a pair, was hoping to see one in the flesh first. 

THESE ARE SO DOPE AND NOSTALGIC TO ME...STILL WISH THEY HAD THE MATTE TONGUE BUT IM LOVING MY PAIR.. MIGHT SEE ABOUT A SECOND PAIR ON RD..NOT SURE YET THO

Back
Top Bottom