Jordan Retro 1 '85 Black/Red Feb 14th 2025

These will almost certainly sellout regardless of the price increase, sadly. It’s the black/reds, by far the most coveted colorway of this model (chicagos are a very distant second). And if they’re limited, forget about it. I can already see the s**tshow this release is going to be a mile away.

These will almost certainly sellout regardless of the price increase, sadly. It’s the black/reds, by far the most coveted colorway of this model (chicagos are a very distant second). And if they’re limited, forget about it. I can already see the s**tshow this release is going to be a mile away.
Exactly why I'm setting money aside early for when I inevitably have to pay some egregious resell price just to get a single pair. :smh:

with so much heat dropping in the next 18 months, hard to say which ones I would/should go this route if I had to. these for sure.
It's only this release that concerns me next year in regard to potentially paying resell. I'm not worried about White Cement 4s, Grape 5s, etc. Those will most certainly be decent sized GRs. This release on the other hand? While I'd love for them to be a massive GR, I doubt it'll happen. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Most OG's resale are not much over retail these days. However the resale on these are gonna be insane. For profit purposes alone they wont be lower than $350
This sounds about right. I just worry because I'm a size 13 and resell for my size can be pretty bad sometimes. Granted, like you said, resell typically doesn't go over $350 these days but because it's Black/Red 1s, I am a bit anxious lol.

Last edited:
It's only this release that concerns me next year in regard to potentially paying resell. I'm not worried about White Cement 4s, Grape 5s, etc. Those will most certainly be decent sized GRs. This release on the other hand? While I'd love for them to be a massive GR, I doubt it'll happen. Hopefully I'm wrong.

these and undftd 4s are the big fat L's I'm expecting

This sounds about right. I just worry because I'm a size 13 and resell for my size can be pretty bad sometimes. Granted, like you said, resell typically doesn't go over $350 these days but because it's Black/Red 1s, I am a bit anxious lol.
Bro I’m an 11.5 and anytime I had to get a shoe on resale I would have to get the 11 even because even that jump from 11 to 11.5 be like $100 on some shoes. I be like how

The Blue SB 4,s are supposedly releasing in February as well. O What a month February is about to be. The good thing about 3 Big releases in one single month, is that I'll atleast get one of those releases at retail. But who am i kidding, because resellers and collectors are so sick in the head, they'll still try to cop all 3 releases, just to hoard over long periods of time, as if they're considered stock.

Hopefully Nike announces another major release in February, so it can't detour the majority of these impulse buyers, who don't even wear the shoes, just to sit in their closets to examine every couple of years.

Most OG's resale are not much over retail these days. However the resale on these are gonna be insane. For profit purposes alone they wont be lower than $350

kinda like royals right? *sarcasm*

I don't buy it. not in this economy and not under john donahoes nike.
higher retail just means more availability and thats it.

i think nike is in for a big surprise when they realize they overlooked their data on this. "banned 1's value is at an all time high! we can cash in on that!"

smh... 2016 breds is your scientific test control? a shoe that dropped FOUR years before the last dance? math ain't mathing.
look at the value of the chicagos (2015's) before they announced the release of the lost and founds... and then look at the value now (of the lost and founds). apply the same math to these and what are we talking about? sitting? its possible... for $250.
they should be looking hard at the satin value is what they SHOULD be doing.

I understand the sentiment, along with the litigation they are involved in with the custom market. but is the average consumer THAT well-versed on how 85's are different than a regular release?
it's a dangerous game if you really think about it. Oh, 250 for these because they're soo special and 85? so why we buying the other joints??? or we don't need the special sauce for 250 when any other 1 is a hundo right now. i think in a different market, if flies. but not the way nike is stuffing releases down peoples throats.

gotta think its gonna be a huge GR. all data suggests so.
250 doesn't mean much to me. i'll be paying attention to the resale value. this one will be interesting. has nike lost all control over the value of their product?

Last edited:
kinda like royals right? *sarcasm*

I don't buy it. not in this economy and not under john donahoes nike.
higher retail just means more availability and thats it.

i think nike is in for a big surprise when they realize they overlooked their data on this. "banned 1's value is at an all time high! we can cash in on that!"

*****... 2016 breds is your scientific test control? a shoe that dropped FOUR years before the last dance? math ain't mathing.
look at the value of the chicagos (2015's) before they announced the released of the lost and founds... and then look at the value now (of the lost and founds). apply the same math to these and what are we talking about? sitting? its possible... for $250.
they should be looking hard at the satin value is what they SHOULD be doing.

I understand the sentiment, along with the litigation they are involved in with the custom market. but is the average consumer THAT well-versed on how 85's are different than a regular release?
it's a dangerous game if you really think about it. Oh, 250 for these because they're soo special and 85? so why we buying the other joints???
2016’s were also still feeding off the Kanye hype and 2011 Banneds that not many of us got. If these are produced in quantities of most OGs in the past two years dudes will be lucky to clear $50 in profit reselling these the first year and the average consumer will have multiple shots at retail.

norbit-eddiemurphy.gif

Sneakerfiles saying he's hearing rumors that the real price is $215 according to his source. Also a possibility that 2 versions will release, but no details on what the differences would be. Also that it might actually be a QS and not a GR lmao. Man what the hell is going on. Too many rumors.

Sneakerfiles saying he's hearing rumors that the real price is $215 according to his source. Also a possibility that 2 versions will release, but no details on what the differences would be. Also that it might actually be a QS and not a GR lmao. Man what the hell is going on. Too many rumors.
Throwing **** at the wall hoping to get lucky

Back
Top Bottom