Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Every time I see a jumpman that shouldn’t be there on a OG colorway, I automatically think of that era when the quality was at its absolute worst. Except for the Wht/Cement 3s in ‘03, everything afterwards was trash just off of quality alone

Remember Jordan 1 highs with the jumpman on the heel? Yall crying about replacing a symbol but how about just randomly adding one to a clean model? Imagine if they added a jumpman to the sides of the 3… that’s why I hate the jumpman on the 1. NA definitely looks better to me on 3s but isn’t a deal breaker for the WC as it’s the cleanest and best color of the 3. The rest NEED it to look decent imo

anyone remember these? the early 2000s was a wild time

air-jordan-retro-1-white-metallic-silver.jpg

JB messed around with this as a sample too :lol: . Im not gonna lie, i didnt care nearly as much back then as i do now. or atleast i didnt care about the same things. I wouldnt even consider these today, but in 2004 would have thought "im gonna pull these off with theis jersey and this fitted, and no one else is gonna be rocking these jordans" lmao

idk man it was a different time:lol:
1675372426586.png

Lmao chill bro. Most of these kids who insist NA > Jumpman haven’t gone as deep as you and only say it because they hear other people say it. As if everybody don’t already know the OGs had NA on the back so it’s
like what you even tryin to prove lol. So if I rock the 2018 FTLs that must mean I believe the OGs had icy soles? :lol:

I’m just sayin chances are, your average 25 y/o sneakerhead most likely has no real reason to be strongly opinionated about a damn logo on the back lol
That's fair, yeah. I'm aware I'm definitely an outlier when it comes to being a young sneaker enthusiast as most people in my age group simply see Jordan's as a status symbol, or a trend to hop on and off of as they please. It's like when the Supreme Jordan 5s dropped and complex news was interviewing all the lame, culture vulture hypebeasts that were in line and pretty much all of them had zero knowledge of when the 5 originally released or that they were inspired by the p51 mustang, among other simple trivia. :lol:
I just wanted to make it known that there are indeed younger people who truly care about these sneakers, though I know we are quite rare.

I just wanted to make it known that there are indeed younger people who truly care about these sneakers, though I know we are quite rare.
Without a doubt your rare in comparisons to most your age. Most are into the shoes for completely different reasons. We all know the examples. So I truly appreciate the likes of people like you because its the same with many of us older guys. It was about the time, the experiences, the nostalgia, the memories.
But there is a flip to that coin that I may be rare in. I do not neeed to be all OG all the time with everything Jordan shoes. Sure its great when you get it, and I am always all in when they do give us that. But I am not all or nothing when it comes to Nike Air on the back, slim print, fat Patent, perfect toe shape, or any other example you can give. I love the history as much as anyone else could. But I am not that die hard in the specifics like some are. Do I have rants? Hell yeah I do. But ultimately I end up buying the shoe, and loving that I have it.

Without a doubt your rare in comparisons to most your age. Most are into the shoes for completely different reasons. We all know the examples. So I truly appreciate the likes of people like you because its the same with many of us older guys. It was about the time, the experiences, the nostalgia, the memories.
But there is a flip to that coin that I may be rare in. I do not neeed to be all OG all the time with everything Jordan shoes. Sure its great when you get it, and I am always all in when they do give us that. But I am not all or nothing when it comes to Nike Air on the back, slim print, fat Patent, perfect toe shape, or any other example you can give. I love the history as much as anyone else could. But I am not that die hard in the specifics like some are. Do I have rants? Hell yeah I do. But ultimately I end up buying the shoe, and loving that I have it.
I hear ya, and thank you for the kind words. Also I understand not being an OG everything guy, because becoming too fixated on even the most minor of details will lead to a lack of enjoyment in regards to this hobby due to how JB is and has been. These sneakers will never be 1:1 and life is never promised. Passing on a shoe you love because of a certain detail may mean you have to wait 3-7+ years before it returns, and a lot can happen in that timeframe. But, I don't knock people for passing on releases that aren't to their liking either. I was one of the big advocates for a contrast heel on the '19 Black Infrareds in its release thread but even if it didn't have that I still would have bought a pair regardless.

I hear ya, and thank you for the kind words. Also I understand not being an OG everything guy, because becoming too fixated on even the most minor of details will lead to a lack of enjoyment in regards to this hobby due to how JB is and has been. These sneakers will never be 1:1 and life is never promised. Passing on a shoe you love because of a certain detail may mean you have to wait 3-7+ years before it returns, and a lot can happen in that timeframe. But, I don't knock people for passing on releases that aren't to their liking either. I was one of the big advocates for a contrast heel on the '19 Black Infrareds in its release thread but even if it didn't have that I still would have bought a pair regardless.
That retro was incredible. I’d have liked the contrast heel too but outside of that and the paneling on the ankle bubble they nailed it. Now we need white infras!!!

The only reason it wasn’t on the tab was because his brand wasn’t a thing, so if his brand was already a thing… it would have a jumpman on the heel and the 1 would have had a jumpman on the tongue tag (but still not on the heel). I think Nike Air is just a bonus and the shoe sells itself.

The only reason it wasn’t on the tab was because his brand wasn’t a thing, so if his brand was already a thing… it would have a jumpman on the heel and the 1 would have had a jumpman on the tongue tag (but still not on the heel). I think Nike Air is just a bonus and the shoe sells itself.
I’ve said this a hundred times.

If the OG Jordans had the Jumpman logo on the back, nobody would give a bleep about Nike Air. From a purely aesthetic point of view, the Jumpman is as good as any logo has ever been.

…just wasn’t the original.

Back
Top Bottom