Jordan Brand "The Last of A Dying Breed?" Your Thoughts...

i dont think theyre going anywhere either.. ill be rockin an air jordan 2070 in the retirement home

I think that you got a good point on how the prices are declining. I think people ISS and NT prices nowadays are pretty firm, people tend to ask for lowerprices on shoes sellers in these forums are looking for. I also noticed that on eBay. People are looking for quick cash thats why I think they do transactionsquickly and not wait around because of the economic drop.

Jays will always be here just some people dont like the direction its goin in but others love it

i know that i personally can say due to the economy and my loss of love for jordans, i sold alot of them cheaper to get money. i sold my altitude 13s, bred 13sand white./cement 3s for $500 total. i sold my cdp 11's cdp 13s, white/red 10s and black.red 15s for 500 also.

i would think the market has shrunk as well.... there were probably alot more people into sneakers in 2005 than in 2009.....

realistically, jordans wont still be here in like 50 years i dont think...thats a longass time and people wont understand what michael jordan was.
i just dont think they will still be here. makes me sad to think about it hahaha

Jordan can never fail if you really think about it. if they ever get in such trouble that they are about to go broke all they need to do is release hundreds ofretro's and everyone knows that they would sell out and be back to super power status.

Originally Posted by NikeAirCobraBen

Originally Posted by The J Collector

Your kids,kids, kids generartion, and many after , will still be rocking J's...........

They aint going no where......................

but not all Jordans are quite the same
6 rings hybrids n teams are nothin compared to the Air Jordan series
like the 1-14's IMO

Your right,, there not the same , but Jordan brand will be around in some shape or form...

I agree nothing compares to sig. line 1thru 14, also whats less than appealing to us OG sneakheads,,, the new gen. is loving ......

It may not be around the way you and I ,and many others who grew up as the sig. line was forming remember,, but theyll be around none the less............

The Same ppl that complain are the same ppl that will b in the stores on release day, why shud JB improve quality when their sneakers are still sellingregardless? It may not sell the way YOU think it shud, but they are selling. Fusions and team jordans for example.

Originally Posted by kmark2092

u say that the prices of OLD jordans are declining dramatically, but thats probably because the seller of them is in a rush to get money, or wants to sell them really badly...look at online websites...the prices of bred (black/red) xi's are in the late $300's and $400's, while some independent sellers are selling in the mid to front $200's for a lot of pairs. and now the new releases of shoes are sky rocketing in price, like for instance, $150 for the newbuck xii's? and $175 for the upcoming spacejams? i do not see the prices of jb going down at all. i think its just hard times for independent sellers, and they need money quick. and the quickest way is to sell some og stuff for a little cheaper than normal. i mean dont get me wrong, it's a fabulous point on your part, but i just dont think you looked into the subject hard enough. thats just my opinion

I think people are just trying to make some quick money as well. Also on the other hand everyone has thier eyes on the space jams coming out this year, so theyanit buying any jordans until then

reseller prices have no direct impact on jordan brand. they already sold the shoes 10 years ago, its not like they are getting a cut from ebay.

i know this is hard to understand in todays limited sneaker world, but just because a shoe doesnt sell out on release day doesnt mean the brand is going under.
first off, if the shoes are in stores JB got its money already. Second, when you go to a shoe store, do you ever see any shoes there that didnt just getreleased? I would say at any given time a shoe store has hundreds of shoes that have been there for more than a month or two. Yet, adidas, reebok, converse,nike, jordans, vans, new balance, asics, DC, fila, and puma have all managed to somehow stay in business this long. Most products in this world DO NOT SELL OUTINSTANTLY. THEY REALLY ARENT SUPPOSED TO! If you go to the grocery store and see a hundred loaves of Wonder Bread does that mean Wonder Bread is going out ofbusiness?? the fact that you see jordan brand shoes in a shoe store DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE GOING BANKRUPT, THAT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!

relax

they are doing just fine, having sales at least as good as any other brand that somehow make ends meet.

they might not be around forever, but i wouldnt worry about them suddenly disappearing.

i really dont think jb is going anywhere, there quality has been declining for a while now, they have been bring out products which OG heads dont really like(fusions for one) and the prices are steadily going up...YET, the profits of jb has stayed same if not gone up...soo im sure jb will be here in 10, 20 and soon years...

Back
Top Bottom