Jobs for a 17-18 year old educated hoodlum vol.Times are hard

nyfly1

Banned
It seems as if no place has any job openings
Micky Ds and BK is the last resort
Help my dude out NT

Are you in college? Ask around about some internships and what not.

Anyways, do your parents/older members of your family have any hookups? Search craigslist.....you gotta get out there and do work son---jobs just ain'tgon' fall in ya lap.

and you live in NYC?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ChiqGa

and you live in NYC?
laugh.gif
it may sound crazy & stupid, but alot of places dont hire us 17 year old black males. Its hard out here. The system doesnt want us to get jobs, sowe'll resort to selling drugs & robbery, so they can lock us up in jail. Its part of the system.

I got an interview with Finishline finally, and Circuit City the next day
smile.gif
I am 19, second year in college this fall

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I'll pay you to stop posting
the most youll get out of saying that is a few "
laugh.gif
" sfrom other NTers
feel accomplished?

Originally Posted by NYfly1

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

go valet somewhere
no drivers permit/license

work the desk-hang/log keys. thats what i do.. $10.00/hr
i just found out the orange pickers in orlando make $15/hr
grin.gif
...maybe lookinto that

-Public library... pays WELL, and is easy loot
-Shoe store... DON'T HYPE UP THE FACT THAT YOU'RE INTO KICKS. Foot Locker & Finish Line are looking for people who can sell or bang out in thestock room... not someone who is trying to discuss JB's decrease in quality standards.
-Local ice cream shop... I call it McDonald's 2.0, for making ice cream sundaes>flipping burgers. I've done both, trust me.
-Grocery store bag boy/shelf stocker... grocery stores usually hire around this time, and they tend to be loyal to their own.
-Amusement park... had a couple boys work at Six Flags, and I've heard generally good reviews.

To steal that old Cam line... "if you can't get paid in an earth this big, you worthless kid..." just make sure you keep a tight resume, speakproper English, and come through any potential job sites in a dress shirt/polo and slacks. If you present yourself well, you should be able to get an interviewat more than one of these spots. Good luck fam
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I'll pay you to stop posting

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm sorry that was funny though.

Anyway, I'm not trying to work at a fast food place either. You should try grocery stores.

warehouse, i was doing that at your edge, then again was a juvie, but its money , who cares

run a business selling stuff that a lot of people want. Can do it on the corner, advertise on facebook/myspace, etc. If you think of something PM me, I canfind you suppliers.

Its really all about who you know. Try to get hookups through your parents friends or your friends or whoever. That's how I got my job as a waitress and Imaking pretty good money

your only 17 wats wrong with a mcdonald job or something likethat. Try supermarkets stores at the mall or whereever. You being black is not wats stopping youfrom getting job. Its you being lazy and not tryna see wats out there

Back
Top Bottom