Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Damn me too. I had nd interview at shiek shoes last week until he started asking me for release dates to which i answered correctly but he kept saying i was wrong . so i showed him *************.com calendar and he was like 'oh. Yeah but that's not when WE get then' ... Wtffffff

Today i had anv interview at naked pizza(organic pizza place ) i think it went good since we were there for like 30/45 min . only reason i applied there was because Buddy of mine told me about lots of girls from the yoga place next door eat there. Ha hopefully i get it

just got a call from amc theaters. definitely not a place to start a career, but i seriously need a job. I got an interview wed at 11 hopefully all goes well. Also is it weird for a 23 year old to be working there? :nerd: :rolleyes :lol: I really need a job right now and as long as it isn't restaurant then i'll take it.

Last edited:
Damn me too. I had nd interview at shiek shoes last week until he started asking me for release dates to which i answered correctly but he kept saying i was wrong . so i showed him *************.com calendar and he was like 'oh. Yeah but that's not when WE get then' ... Wtffffff

Today i had anv interview at naked pizza(organic pizza place ) i think it went good since we were there for like 30/45 min . only reason i applied there was because Buddy of mine told me about lots of girls from the yoga place next door eat there. Ha hopefully i get it
damb fam, asking you questions of release dates? :nerd: is that normal :lol: anyhow g'luck with the pizza place brother!

well let me reiterate for those in need and are desperate  enough for work making about 60-80k for entry level work look into the oil field. Its physical labor and long hours but you can honestly make 1500-3200 a week and with new findings of brand new untapped land in texas there is going to be a huge boom. 
sent you a PM bro... pls respond

This company have the nerve to send me a rejection letter saying that the position being field after like 2 months that I applied to the position :stoneface:

just got a call from amc theaters. definitely not a place to start a career, but i seriously need a job. I got an interview wed at 11 hopefully all goes well. Also is it weird for a 23 year old to be working there?
nerd.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
I really need a job right now and as long as it isn't restaurant then i'll take it.
nah man, a job is a job, i'm 23 and i'm willing to take whatever comes my way

Always asking questions at interviews even if you think it's not a good question. I've found that questions show your interest in the gig. If you don't ask questions then they may assume your interest in the position is minimal.

I did ask questions (mostly about the company and the position), just not about the pay/salary.

Hopefully I get it, doubt I will tho.

I'm also starting to feel like the fact I look 18 is working against me too.

Had a interview last week that was really odd. I came in (early), met with the woman from HR, she talked to me for about 3 mins, asked me two questions about my resume. Asked me what questions I had...and that was it.

The actual "interview" only lasted 8-10 mins at most. I feel like they just had me come in to see what I looked like, trying not to be a "conspiracy brotha" tho :lol:
Similar thing happened to me, this guy (Yen) emailed me back and forth last week, finally called me and scheduled an interview, when I came in a few days later, he wasn't in, so I interviewed with another lady, interview went for like 10 mins. She asked me the same questions Yen already asked me, but whatever, I answered accordingly. She offered me water, told me to sit tight and left. I was suppose to meet with Yen, I heard a male voice outside the conference room but didnt pay much attention to it, it was too low to understand anyways. Finally the lady comes back and says "Yen is still not here, running late, but ill let him know you came by". So I'm kinda suspicious, but just thought whatever and left. When I go to the parking lot, I see a 350z that was NOT there when I parked earlier, and what do you know, the plates had the name Yen in it and some numbers, I just Yao Ming laughed and Kanye shrugged and drove off. Needless to say, I did not get a call or email back from Yen.

I wasnt pissed about what happen, I was more pissed about taking work off for this :smh:

This company have the nerve to send me a rejection letter saying that the position being field after like 2 months that I applied to the position
indifferent.gif
At least they sent you a letter. After having multiple interviews with C.H. Robinson, they didn't even send me a thank you note. 

First interview was on phone for 20 minutes (simple interview)

Second, 2 personality tests were given to me online fo me to finish and determine whether i was a good fit for the company or not.

Third, after passing the tests, I got another phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes (more in depth about the company)

Fourth interview was an actual interview at the branch that I plan to work at; It went amazing for an hour. 

Then a week later, no letter from them.. Nothing...I obviously didn't get it, but I deserved at least a thank you letter 
tired.gif

My other buddy, who applied for the same position, got accepted instead of me and he had to do another shadow interview for 3 hours 
mean.gif
 before getting the job.. Worst part is, it's only an internship.. smh.. 

Last edited:
I got laid off APRIL 26, 2012. Got a wife and two lil girls to support. Registered with 12 temp agencies, and applied to at least 30 jobs per day like it was my job (between CT and NY) Got about 6-8 great interviews that lead nowhere. I been put on 'waiting lists' ( didn't know that existed ), been put on by ppl already working at some of these companies, even got called back for 2nd interviews, all nothing. I just kept at it. ( from time to time polishing my resume and sharpening my interview skills)........ Finally, I started my new job APRIL 1, 2013st! MY UNEMPLOYMENT EXPIRED APRIL 2nd!!!!! (The pay is decent, nothing great but my fam and I can live at our normal level now. Its has HUGE growth potential, and ices my resume for the future. Its literally 3 min from the crib, so I go home on my hour lunch break).....

I used to easily think up soooo many different crooked ways to get large sums of money, but that wasn't what I wanted. I just wanted to work for what I have, like a normal citizen. Spent so many nights fighting these thoughts.....

No matter how frustrating, aggravating, confusing, draining, agonizing, exhausting, depressing, annoying, difficult your search is, DO NOT STOP! Its either your will or theirs. You against the world and when the world tells you no, DO NOT LET IT FASE YOU. Failing 100x is worth succeeding once. KEEP GOING AFTER IT! You only lose when you stop.

VICTORY ISN'T GIVEN, ITS TAKEN.
Good **** homie, specially since u have a family to feed.
nthat.gif

Similar thing happened to me, this guy (Yen) emailed me back and forth last week, finally called me and scheduled an interview, when I came in a few days later, he wasn't in, so I interviewed with another lady, interview went for like 10 mins. She asked me the same questions Yen already asked me, but whatever, I answered accordingly. She offered me water, told me to sit tight and left. I was suppose to meet with Yen, I heard a male voice outside the conference room but didnt pay much attention to it, it was too low to understand anyways. Finally the lady comes back and says "Yen is still not here, running late, but ill let him know you came by". So I'm kinda suspicious, but just thought whatever and left. When I go to the parking lot, I see a 350z that was NOT there when I parked earlier, and what do you know, the plates had the name Yen in it and some numbers, I just Yao Ming laughed and Kanye shrugged and drove off. Needless to say, I did not get a call or email back from Yen.

I wasnt pissed about what happen, I was more pissed about taking work off for this
mean.gif
bro dont u work for google or something?

did the lady compliment you on ur perfect shape eyebrows?

I thought these were ur peeps... what's that about?

alright im done.

got a lil' situation i got an interview next tuesday for advanced auto parts and tomorrow for amc theaters. if offered the job for amc should i take it?

friend of mine told me about a patient transporter job at the hospital i went to go apply after not seeing it online and the guy gives me a piece of paper with a number to call, call the number its just a computer telling me to do it online but the job is not there on the site :rolleyes

Has anybody here worked for Whole Foods? I had an interview with them yesterday, it was my first since December and I was nervous as hell.

I think I messed up, especially when they asked me if I knew what there core values were. I didn't do my research beforehand and I had no idea what they were. :frown:

I wasnt pissed about what happen, I was more pissed about taking work off for this :smh:

bro dont u work for google or something?

did the lady compliment you on ur perfect shape eyebrows?

I thought these were ur peeps... what's that about?

alright im done.
1. No, I don't' work for Google. I do graphic design contract work for them every now and than, and ive built some small Android apps, but that's about it.

2. No, lol.

3. Smh @ the asian jokes.

Lost my weekend job cuz I threatened an asst manager for talking greasy last Sat, no stress

My Mon-Fri job is trippin though, cut me $2/hr and on the 26th are cutting hours, 35 per week as opposed to 40 so they can afford to pay a director of security. :smh:

Applied to 3 police depts hoping I get a call back

Just got a certification in VA for armed security...I have no experience what so ever in the field except for the classes...anybody have any tips or experiences with armed or unarmed security in VA or any where else? im applying to a bunch of places but it seems like they are looking for people with experience

Security companies are so fickle and don't wanna pay what you're worth

i'm getting tired of going to all these job interviews with no call back :rolleyes i've had 2 today and 2 more to attend to in the next couple of days. amc theaters was today and a value village...well on friday I have a group interview with this company called brookstone located inside hartsfield airport here in atl. I never went through a group interview before and with all these places not calling back its leaving me a bit discouraged...like if i don't get the job that means more time wasted gas wasted and i would have to pay for parking at the air port...sigh man i just need to land a job somewhere asap

I was told TSA is hiring, if they're going to be at a job fair in your area I'd recommend you go or apply thru USAJOBS :smile:x I know)

Really not a bad job if you think about it 15+/hour to tell ppl take off their shoes and look at scanners :lol:

Just made a call to this other golf course
As soon as they put the manager on I got to stumbling n **** over my words asking if they had any open positions

I think ill go up there tomorrow to an app

Back
Top Bottom