Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Rejected by 3 companies today. One of the companies I felt would have been a great fit. Thought my resume lined up exactly to what the qualifications were, guess not.

Keep at it
Rejections just eventually roll off of you like water
My mentality after getting rejections was "alright cool, I'm already applying to 50+ other places"

Abundance mentality >>>>>

I received an offer from an Employer Thursday and they gave me a until Monday to let them know my decision (verbal). I had an interview Friday and they said they would get back to me by end of next week.

I'd prefer the 2nd job off location alone. I also think compensation would be around the same if not better with the 2nd gig.
They are located in different states, cities totally opposite. lol

Any idea how I should play this? Thanks in advance.
Second company came through with an offer Today. Surprised they got back with me so fast. Thanks again folks. Keep Grindin NT.

So I took a job, start Monday, need to finish my drug test and eqip (10 yrs of job and residence history + references for each entry to upgrade my clearance to Top Secret :x) tomorrow and the local guy sent me an email and I already dont like him. Hopefully he's not how that email came off. I am still taking at interview Friday, it's on Skype so no time/gas lost just throw on a dress shirt not even gonna put on pants and find a clean corner of the room and dial in, for the job that would be by far the most money I have ever made and a much easier job sans for 83 mile commute

Had the spectrum hook up last year... I was messing with the HR chick. Got my homeboy application all the way to the tippidy top and he smokes the day of the drug test...

Lol, *****s is dumb as ****
Lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo omg

Had the spectrum hook up last year... I was messing with the HR chick. Got my homeboy application all the way to the tippidy top and he smokes the day of the drug test...

Lol, *****s is dumb as ****
That's why I dislike helping friends sometimes. They dont appreciate the opportunity unless they bust their *** to get it.

So I took a job, start Monday, need to finish my drug test and eqip (10 yrs of job and residence history + references for each entry to upgrade my clearance to Top Secret :x) tomorrow and the local guy sent me an email and I already dont like him. Hopefully he's not how that email came off. I am still taking at interview Friday, it's on Skype so no time/gas lost just throw on a dress shirt not even gonna put on pants and find a clean corner of the room and dial in, for the job that would be by far the most money I have ever made and a much easier job sans for 83 mile commute
What's your field? Seems like have a career that is highly employable.

My main background is Supply Chain Management and I dont see many jobs around my area. I served in the military (Supply Officer) and then I was a Manager at a big box store that generated about 30 million annual revenue with about 6.5% year over year NOP. However, so far I havent found anything. I'm even looking at stuff not desirable like retail manager (again) and bs care salesmen. SMH

I mentioned the flexible PT job that I got a few days ago. Went to orientation tuesday, things went decently well (a few red flags). Yesterday I got the wildest text from the manager, enough for me to turn down the offer going forward. How does a flexible wfh as needed job turn into a 6 day a week FT opportunity for the same pay.

I mentioned the flexible PT job that I got a few days ago. Went to orientation tuesday, things went decently well (a few red flags). Yesterday I got the wildest text from the manager, enough for me to turn down the offer going forward. How does a flexible wfh as needed job turn into a 6 day a week FT opportunity for the same pay.
A lot of companies that have PT positions available, use those PT positions to used employees as they see fit. One month you might have the mandatory state minimum of 4 hours a week while the next month you might have full time hours.

As a manager is funny how many PT employees ***** about not getting enough hours to only turn around and complain about the amounts of hours they got the next week. Either you need hours or you dont.

^ makes sense. This role listed and interviewed as an actual PT as needed role. Customer service, social media, work from home. I was set to take it on as I’m a contractor for a bank full time, contract ends next month and then I would take on another contract or work to fund my business.

So, I was rejected by Uber Corporate for the 3rd time. I tailored my resume to fit what they were looking and still rejection.

What a bummer.

What's your field? Seems like have a career that is highly employable.

My main background is Supply Chain Management and I dont see many jobs around my area. I served in the military (Supply Officer) and then I was a Manager at a big box store that generated about 30 million annual revenue with about 6.5% year over year NOP. However, so far I havent found anything. I'm even looking at stuff not desirable like retail manager (again) and bs care salesmen. SMH
You probably just need to redo your resume. Climber.com nexxt.com topresume.com and I think careerbuilder.com all give you free resume critique. Logistics is a highly employable field plus everyone loves prior service, particularly get your resume on clearancejobs.com. I know its a lot of sites, but once your resume is on there, the companies will find you and you can 1 click apply to lots of offerings too. By the way I am in I.t

Got my stuff in but they pushed my start date back another week and even my backup opportunity had to postpone hiring.

I really wanna leave my job. Tired of being treated like a child

Whenever I go to the bathroom or kitchen or something, I have to change my status to "on break" and they get timed...like am I in 3rd grade? Lol I need something better and with more money/responsibility but sometimes I feel like Im not that smart or qualified enough for some of these positions I apply to

It's difficult

Whenever I go to the bathroom or kitchen or something, I have to change my status to "on break" and they get timed...like am I in 3rd grade? Lol I need something better and with more money/responsibility but sometimes I feel like Im not that smart or qualified enough for some of these positions I apply to

It's difficult
Believe me when I tell you, there are a lot of people that aren't qualified to do their job. AND dont think because someone has a degree Bachelor's or even Masters they must be smart. The gift of gab is real.

I have seen many individuals in position requiring experience and a bachelor's or higher and still be clueless when challenged at work. I used to do this a lot to GS employees and it was truly saddening, once i received a call from a Lt. General asking why was o harassing his staff, I thought for a minute I had lost my career.

Samething when I got into management, there were some assistant managers that were incompetent, whether procedure or customer service wise, but their mouth kept them in good grace.

I once questioned myself and why was I working retail. I had a little peon trying to crack jokes about intelligence because I was learning the process, but yet this dude couldn't talk about anything but getting drunk and gambling daily. No substance... I was walking circles around him in a few months, but he was in with the godolboy network.

So dont under estimate yourself, be confident and continue to hustle.

and your hesitation is more common among competent folks.

The more you know, the more you realize how little you know. I’d venture to say most critical thinkers doubt their qualifications/capabilities.

Id recommend to not worry about your qualifications if you’re willing to put the work in. Yea youll come across some haters who want to harp on what you dont know, but ive found if you apply yourself and show intelligence people will work with you.

It's difficult
You work in a call center? Bruh, my last job the boss literally created a "Bathroom" code for us just because a general unavailable code was too vague and these ****** got mad because they kept implying strongly that we can't go to the bathroom and someone reported them to DOL and I guess they got dinged or something, so then next meeting he's like yea, code 103 for the bathroom, now we're not saying you can't go, go, you can't help it, but we are saying you get a lunch break and 2 15 minutes break, but by all means go we're not saying (they were) you can't, but when you do use this code. Not for us to track you we're not running reports (they are), we're just saying, but we're not saying.

Also to your other point, dude get your resume out there. You might be surprised. I was in the exact same place maybe a year ago, thought I was just a dumb help desk guy, replaceable, had maxed out my potential and 65k and a suport role was my ceiling. When I finally had to look for another job to relocate and started shopping my resume, found out much the opposite. Like I said, I got companies calling offering me near 6 figures and relocation. Not that means I'm the greatest, but I'm saying you might be underestimating yourself. Even in my interviews, I didnt feel like it went well but Dell/Boeing called me back in to do an in person, and then another one I didnt think went so great offered me the job on the spot over the phone and more money than the recruiter originally told me.

So TLDR don't sell yourself short or underestimate yourself.

Bryson Tiller was working at Burger King when he borrowed $600 from his mom/girlfriend/homeboys to record "Don't."

Johnathan Simmons was cutting hair and borroed $150 to tryout for the Spurs D League team. He signed a 3yr 20 MILLION dollar deal last summer and rumor has it the Spurs were preparing to offer him 9Ms per.

Oprah Winfrey was fired from the local newsstation in her 30s

Michael Jordan famously didn't make varsity as a Senior.

datznasty, MJ didn't make varsity as a 9th grader lol but everything else you typed I am with.

:pimp: congrats to your success bro

You work in a call center? Bruh, my last job the boss literally created a "Bathroom" code for us just because a general unavailable code was too vague and these *****s got mad because they kept implying strongly that we can't go to the bathroom and someone reported them to DOL and I guess they got dinged or something, so then next meeting he's like yea, code 103 for the bathroom, now we're not saying you can't go, go, you can't help it, but we are saying you get a lunch break and 2 15 minutes break, but by all means go we're not saying (they were) you can't, but when you do use this code. Not for us to track you we're not running reports (they are), we're just saying, but we're not saying.

Also to your other point, dude get your resume out there. You might be surprised. I was in the exact same place maybe a year ago, thought I was just a dumb help desk guy, replaceable, had maxed out my potential and 65k and a suport role was my ceiling. When I finally had to look for another job to relocate and started shopping my resume, found out much the opposite. Like I said, I got companies calling offering me near 6 figures and relocation. Not that means I'm the greatest, but I'm saying you might be underestimating yourself. Even in my interviews, I didnt feel like it went well but Dell/Boeing called me back in to do an in person, and then another one I didnt think went so great offered me the job on the spot over the phone and more money than the recruiter originally told me.

So TLDR don't sell yourself short or underestimate yourself.

Bryson Tiller was working at Burger King when he borrowed $600 from his mom/girlfriend/homeboys to record "Don't."

Johnathan Simmons was cutting hair and borroed $150 to tryout for the Spurs D League team. He signed a 3yr 20 MILLION dollar deal last summer and rumor has it the Spurs were preparing to offer him 9Ms per.

Oprah Winfrey was fired from the local newsstation in her 30s

Michael Jordan famously didn't make varsity as a Senior.

Yeah I’m at a call center. I do social media work on my team so I’m not on the phones one bit. Its just annoying man, like I’m not a child I don’t need to be timed!

I’m a very positive person man but sometimes I just doubt myself when things are just super difficult. I’ll def keep what you said in mind. I mean look at those people you mentioned, and look where they are today. Things can do a 180 and I gotta work turning this around too :pimp:

Looking for advice.

Cliffs:
-Worked in public accounting for 2 years, promoter to senior title
-Left cuz public accounting was not for me. Took a step back to a staff level positon (but pay was a big increase) at a private company
-Been at this private company for 1 year
-Got an offer from another company for a senior position with a 28% overall pay increase. Turned it down because I really like where I’m at and people I work with.

I’m coming up on year 4 in this career. I feel our accounting department is really slow on promotions compared to the rest of the administrative team.

I have a monthly meeting with manager of our department in 2 weeks. Should I bring it up that I want the senior title + pay raise to market value?

Back
Top Bottom