Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Come on,

You guys are giving me genetic samples. In regards to the grocery store, unless is Walmart, I expect every employee to know where they stick their products. One might think it's complex and hard to remember thousands of products, but the facts are simple. I mean I can remember the location of every product I purchase from 3 different supermarkets.

In regards to the dog Walker, 400x10 = 48k annual salary. Not bad, but not exactly what I'm aiming for. I do understand your concept and again very genetic and not as easy. 1. Companies like these are seasonal, for every 10 people you are cutting grass for only 1 or 2 would need snow removal (my NE area). So the annual income varies. Not to mention the market is overly saturated in my area.

Listen I'm not making excuses and trust me I have missed on several opportunities already ...

1. Chipotle, I was saving for 6 months to show enough equity to purchase a franchise in a prime location and on my six month I was notified that some investors purchase a lease in the idea in the general area I was thinking.

2. Chikfila.. same as above.

My wife wanted to open a dollar tree and we put it to the side and sure enough a dollar general opened up.

No everything that I been looking, the market is overly saturated.

I'm very service oriented and understand what it takes to makes money. I was running a store that went from generating an avg of 25 million for the past 10 years to generating 33.6 milling the 3 years I was running it. Prior to that I was managing an account of over 100 million worth of assets with 100% accountability for 10 years.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I dont want to open a business where my NOP is enough to pay the bills and not live comfortable.

A lot tbh. I know a lady who walks dogs for a living. She has repeat customers who write her $300-$400 checks every month.

How to start a successful business? Think of something that would make the lives of rich people convenient. Take the dog walking lady for example. People come home from work, they’re tired but have a list of things to do that they aren’t necessarily excited to get started on. Offer up your services. Dog walking, landscaping, cleaning pools, etc.
I've always maintained that a good way to make good money is offering services that cater to people that are already wealthy.

Two rejection responses today. Bummer.

Going to apply to a position I was referred to at Charles Schwab. Let's see how that goes.

I'm trying to find a part time job that will get me 500$ a month,preferably something I can do from my house if anyknr has any ideas
You live in Atlanta proper? Downtown? Do yall have those annoying *** electric scooters? Get on as a charger. Work at your own time/pace, and the kats in big cities are doing major numbers. OKC doesnt have enough plus has more chargers than scooters so I got out the game but
https://www.simplyhired.com/search?...PhzMbNTt5Elgaflz57pPEo1vEyOCFnIY4Nj7RCgzm1TdA or be a launch coordinator and travel to cities releasing and having parties.

Anyways, looks like my train finally came in. Now I got too many people hitting me up I can't even keep track, but probably about to take this migration job which after per diem adds up to just under 6 figures! Ridiculous for pure migration, it's a commute but I'll do it for now and if it gets too tough I got things to fall back on now, interviewed with some staffing agencies.

Not jobless, but definitely frustrated. Want to consider rejoining school again, but I'm wishy-washy on that.

I'm in the same boat as you. I submitted my grad application to GWU. Waiting to hear back

Do y'all know the end game? What y'all wanna do, which requires school? I wouldn't go to school just to find what your goal cus you burn money and may not even gain clear direction to make it back. I say only go if its a means to a desired end. If you wanna be a Dr. Or whatever and you gotta get through some courses, do it. But if you going to get exposed to some stuff or acquire different or more skills, I'd hold off on that unless money ain't a factor.

Bruh, you don’t just start a landscaping business that easy...

Dump truck
Skid steer
Trailer
Insurance
Staff

That’s a ton of overhead just with those few things. A skid steer alone is 30k for a decent one.

Contract ends next month at work. Contract company claims they will hold me down but I know there’s no truth in that.

Landed a flexible PT job paying a guaranteed $1200 a month. I run a small business but still need the FT to hold me down to maintain my proper savings. Wish me well

I received an offer from an Employer Thursday and they gave me a until Monday to let them know my decision (verbal). I had an interview Friday and they said they would get back to me by end of next week.

I'd prefer the 2nd job off location alone. I also think compensation would be around the same if not better with the 2nd gig.
They are located in different states, cities totally opposite. lol

Any idea how I should play this? Thanks in advance.

I received an offer from an Employer Thursday and they gave me a until Monday to let them know my decision (verbal). I had an interview Friday and they said they would get back to me by end of next week.

I'd prefer the 2nd job off location alone. I also think compensation would be around the same if not better with the 2nd gig.
They are located in different states, cities totally opposite. lol

Any idea how I should play this? Thanks in advance.
Take the guarantee job, if the preferred job calls, take it and politely tell the 1st employer your situation changed and you'll be declining their offer.

I am in the similat boat except not weighing differing offers from different states. Worst cames to worst, take the for sure one and if the other ones comes through, let them know and you'll get a check for 1 week of work. I haven't signed any offer letters but I am at the point where like, ok we'lll send everything to hr/the hiring manager and they'll get back in touch with you with your offer letter/onboarding materials. Might take the local offer for way less, have an interview through Dell tomorrow. That migration one is stupid money tho but 3hrs of commuting a day when Ive never had more than 20 minute ride to work in my life.

every once in awhile i like to put my resume out there to see what responses i get. lately, i've been thinking about finally making a change after 5+ yrs at my current job.
just have to figure out how i can schedule my interviews while being employed

i dont want to just quit without having something lined up

Thanks for the quick replies fellas. Going to accept the offer tomorrow.
Despite being in different states both jobs are about an hour and a half away from my current location but the 1st is in a vibrant city whereas the 2nd is in a very small city. Familiar with both though.

I lurk this thread a lot and I've learned a ton. Thanks to all the Contributors. & Good Luck to all of those looking.
every once in awhile i like to put my resume out there to see what responses i get. lately, i've been thinking about finally making a change after 5+ yrs at my current job.

I was using PTO for onsite interviews. I've seen others in here say they would call in sick lol.
Phone interviews I'd do while at work, I'd go to my car or outside the office while other coworkers would go into a meeting room. My problem was I was rushing my responses to get back to work.

Good luck!

throw your resume on clearancejobs.com, you'll be getting calls from all over the world.

Rejected by 3 companies today. One of the companies I felt would have been a great fit. Thought my resume lined up exactly to what the qualifications were, guess not.

Back
Top Bottom