JB Retirement

never "camped" or did the overnight/ghost chair/etc. thing

Yeah this was when I had to take a step back. Getting to the store before it opened was one thing, but I personally couldn't get down when people were legit waiting over 24 hours (especially in the winter time) for a release. Missing work, not bathing, not eating complete meals, I'm just not with all that.

The fact that JB has not honored their fans with Nike Air on models 1-6 up until the maroon 6s is a shame, because it was after the demand died down. With that being said I'm slowing down but not quite retiring just yet because the grails are becoming easier to obtain.

I hate camping out too but those cement 4s with NA were sooooo worth it.

Cheapest time machine back to 1989!

Yeah this was when I had to take a step back. Getting to the store before it opened was one thing, but I personally couldn't get down when people were legit waiting over 24 hours (especially in the winter time) for a release. Missing work, not bathing, not eating complete meals, I'm just not with all that.
My thing is, if I don’t camp and go to work I’ll make what money they’re expecting at resale or have enough to buy multiples :lol:

Not Jordan related but I remember when a rumored release date was announced for one of the Kanye Nike shoes. Dudes lined in front of the store 3+ weeks early and the ****s weren't even confirmed to be coming out at that store (or at all for that matter). Its just not worth it too me

^ at that point i rather just pay resell... i rather dish out the extra cash instead of camping out in front of a store for countless hours which is worse in retrospect... but people do it out of pride would rather camp in front of a store and pay retail instead of paying that high resell price

Give me the XIs in December, black / red 4s and black / infa 6s NA and I'll be done. I buy Jordans, wear em once and they sit in a box. These days I wear Metcons for working out and Nike running shoes for casual.

Now that being said...I could easily get sucked right back in if Jordan Brand went the Kobe line route and updated the retros with new technology. Imagine a Jordan XI, XII with full length Zoom X...

I’ll always like shoes

I just don’t want to keep adding and taking up space

so I’m more selective and choose to cycle shoes so my amount doesn’t increase and I can still have the ones I wanna keep

Almost everything i had or wanted as a youth, i managed to aquire and wear again at some point. Im not pressed to drop 200 on any shoe. There is very little fomo left in me.

I agree. That is total foolishness to me too.

I hung my kick copping jersey in the rafters for the first time 2 months ago. I plan on coming out of retirement in 2 years or so once I pay off all my credit debt. I went hard in the paint for a good 14 years. It's going to be hard but it gets a little easier as each release I want passes by. Once I start back I'll be playing catch up for about 2-3 years. After that I can honestly see me being done as I think the remaining 11 og's that I want will be retroed during that time. If I don't hang it up for good , I see it slowing down drastically from an average of 40-50 pairs a year to like 10-15 if that.

This! I went hard in the paint too for a long time. I honestly get more enjoyment from buying them for my kid now.

Im getting to that point. Ive had nearly every colorway ive ever wanted several times over. That excitement of getting them turned into just filling a void of selling a pair I already had. After 13 years of buying, i feel like ive had my run. But ill always buy something here and there, Im just very selective now and rationalize how much im really going to wear something before i buy it.

That good ol' buyer's remorse.

I just need Bred 11s and Chicago 1s and I'll be 99.9 percent done.

I think what we've learned from this thread so far is that almost none of us are gonna retire. We're just gonna be a lot more selective.

I just need Bred 11s and Chicago 1s and I'll be 99.9 percent done.

I think what we've learned from this thread so far is that almost none of us are gonna retire. We're just gonna be a lot more selective.

Until I see another to bring me out of retirement, I'll be keeping my bread.

There’s something about Air Jordan’s and just Nike’s period that will always keep me in the game no matter how much I feel like I’ve outgrown it. I’ve seen it all, the man wearing the shoes, the mystique, changing your shoes when walking through bad areas, retros, packs, fusions, price increases and though there’s a part of me that’s elitist in a sense with the “been there done that” mentality I’ll forever be that guy who casually looks at someone’s feet to see what type of kicks they got on. Case in point today I was shopping and I was standing at the register waiting for a cashier to open up. The dude in front of me had White/Black/Red 13’s on and of course I was aware the retro just dropped again and I passed but I started staring at them on his feet and I had the meanest flashback to ‘97-‘98. I could hear “Men in Black” and “Getting Jiggy wit it” in my head. I could vividly see my older sister dragging me to watch Soul Food with her when I still hadn’t seen Face Off and was pissed. Seeing those in the window and thinking they were the greatest things I ever laid my eyes on. All those memories came flooding back. It had to have lasted maybe 7 seconds but I was in a trance for what felt like 10 minutes. It was so trippy. And then I snapped out of it as soon as the next cashier called me over to the register. It’s the nostalgia man. Nike has a stranglehold on that ****. Jordan’s along with a few Air Max’s and other silhouettes are a reminder of a much simpler time that I reminisce on randomly. Such warm feelings. They got me for the long haul. The day Michael Jordan passes will be pandemonium...

There’s something about Air Jordan’s and just Nike’s period that will always keep me in the game no matter how much I feel like I’ve outgrown it. I’ve seen it all, the man wearing the shoes, the mystique, changing your shoes when walking through bad areas, retros, packs, fusions, price increases and though there’s a part of me that’s elitist in a sense with the “been there done that” mentality I’ll forever be that guy who casually looks at someone’s feet to see what type of kicks they got on. Case in point today I was shopping and I was standing at the register waiting for a cashier to open up. The dude in front of me had White/Black/Red 13’s on and of course I was aware the retro just dropped again and I passed but I started staring at them on his feet and I had the meanest flashback to ‘97-‘98. I could hear “Men in Black” and “Getting Jiggy wit it” in my head. I could vividly see my older sister dragging me to watch Soul Food with her when I still hadn’t seen Face Off and was pissed. Seeing those in the window and thinking they were the greatest things I ever laid my eyes on. All those memories came flooding back. It had to have lasted maybe 7 seconds but I was in a trance for what felt like 10 minutes. It was so trippy. And then I snapped out of it as soon as the next cashier called me over to the register. It’s the nostalgia man. Nike has a stranglehold on that ****. Jordan’s along with a few Air Max’s and other silhouettes are a reminder of a much simpler time that I reminisce on randomly. Such warm feelings. They got me for the long haul. The day Michael Jordan passes will be pandemonium...
The thought of him passing is horrible! I’ve never had that thought cross my mind....

Just reading that made me think of when the fire red IVs first dropped in '89. I remembered my cousin was in high school at the time, and I went with him to get them. Back then, GS sizes were $45-55. Those were way simpler times.

Jesus Christ, knock on wood but this whole site might explode

Back
Top Bottom