JB Couldn't justify price increases before but they definitely cannot after seeing this....

A lot of very interesting points in this thread. Serious question though, does anyone think there is a possibility of the quality of JB improving over time forwhatever reason? Does anyone think there is a possibility of us looking back 20 years from now and talking about how JB fell off hard (quality-wise) for yearsbut then improved became the quality brand it was in the 80s-90s? I'm not saying I see this happening, it's just a thought.

here is my beef. The quality of JB pales to other arms of NIKE. I dont mind the price..but yes...I want my shoes made at least to the quality I expect from aPREMIUM shoe.

I dont know how many of you also collect other Nike shoes, but I am a big AIR TRAINER fan as well. I love the old Bo Jacksons and even the new air trainer 1revamp. Please dont tell me that JB cannot match the quality you get from the training side at Nike. The shoes are almost a night and day difference. Myfire red IIIs or even my new SJ...do not compare to the Bo Jackson retros I bought last year. Kinda sad....

Justify this:

loleurope.jpg

It looks very bad from our point of view, but if you look at it from JB's side and from the business side of things,

it's brilliant. Why not charge 175 if you know the shoe will sell out instantly regardless of the quality or the price.

JB could have put a 200 dollar price tag on the spacejams and they would have sold out just as quickly. They've built

up such an incredible reputation that there is no stopping them from putting any price they want on a pair of retro's and then

justifying it by pointing to the number of sales they get. Obviously there's going to be some people who just won't put up with it anymore

and will stop by Jordan's all together. But that group of people is incredible insignificant to JB who has thousands of other kids that don't careabout

price or quality and just want to have J's on their feet. So i agree we're getting ripped off by JB, but if you were in the same position as they were

i doubt you'd do anything differently. it's all about money... and JB is really good at making money

watch out folks, when JB "runs out of gas" and starts to lose steam, guess whats coming out....

"Nike Air" on the shoe

...and im sure the s4i77y quality and materials are here to stay
smh.gif

....JB will continue to empty out wallets for years to come
sick.gif

simple solution- stop buying %%+%** quality retros and go for the originals and early generation retros

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

simple solution- stop buying %%+%** quality retros and go for the originals and early generation retros
Most of those are no longer wearable. I may not speak for everyone, but I want shoes that I can actually wear. That's what they're forisn't it?

The whole premium thing blows my mind, its like admitting their regular stuff is sub par. Premium? just like the $9 shrimp cocktail you bought that cost therestaurant $0.40

Originally Posted by KMun44

The whole premium thing blows my mind, its like admitting their regular stuff is sub par. Premium? just like the $9 shrimp cocktail you bought that cost the restaurant $0.40
The worst part was that some of the older cats on NT were justifying 'da price increases'. It's a damn shame, JB used to be a premiumbrand - now their retro products are nothing more than original fakes.

It sucks that they're more expensive now, but last time I checked, there isn't a Reeboktalk.com, so maybe Nike is a little justified in it. I mean, howfast did the space jams sell out? And you think that out of the goodness of their heart they should not charge $175 for them?

They could charge $200 and they would easily sell out, so just be glad they're giving you a break.

Originally Posted by notoriousniq

It sucks that they're more expensive now, but last time I checked, there isn't a Reeboktalk.com, so maybe Nike is a little justified in it. I mean, how fast did the space jams sell out? And you think that out of the goodness of their heart they should not charge $175 for them?

They could charge $200 and they would easily sell out, so just be glad they're giving you a break.
I get what your saying but that doesn't necessarily justify it. I don't agree with that logic at all.

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by KMun44

The whole premium thing blows my mind, its like admitting their regular stuff is sub par. Premium? just like the $9 shrimp cocktail you bought that cost the restaurant $0.40
The worst part was that some of the older cats on NT were justifying 'da price increases'. It's a damn shame, JB used to be a premium brand - now their retro products are nothing more than original fakes.

It's a shame that JB used to be something "luxurious" that's the reason you could spend a lot of money, and not regret your purchase.

Originally Posted by cberr

they need to change this-

cause it aint true...

This what I have the most beef with as well. Growing up and playin lots of ball as well as watchin MJ, I had always known Jordans to be the best qualitybasketball sneakers around. Today, you can just "feel" the difference. I became most aware of this when I recently tried on some nubuck xiis that Iwas considering purchasing for basketball. From cushioning to toe box feel to quality of materials, everything just felt cheap. I know a lot of you can relatesince we just had the release of what many of you feel is a subpar space jam. Think about it from a company perspective though, jordan brand or otherwise: itsall about maximizing profit. If you can make something cheaper thereby cutting costs, raise the retail price and know the public will still buy out yourproduct, as a company, you would definitely do that. To me though, it is a little bit sad that a company built upon "never compromising" and beinginspired by "the best ever" would do the opposite to stuff their pockets further.

We are beating a dead horse, but if you saw my collection you can see I understand exactly what you mean. Most recent release I bought were the XX3's and Ieven struggled with that one. They do it because they KNOW they can. Just don't plan on it stopping any time soon....

lol Are you guys kidding me? I'm 27. When I was about 10, Air Jordans did not sell out. At all. AND I live in Chicago out of all places. As a matter offact, they hardly sold. It wasn't until about 98 when the shoes REALLY started selling wildly. When Mike was leaving the city. The Infrared VI sat on worldfootlocker shelves for a while and even the GS sizes sat until the VII's came out. I remember this very clearly. Shoes were shoes back then. Now we are sospoiled that we notice every difference in a retro. It's ridiculous. Crying and complaining that the "heel is off a centimeter" or that the"jumpman should be reversed" mannnn get out of here with all that garbage. There are people in the world that can't even buy a pair of walmartshoes let alone air jordans. C'mon guys, wake up or grow up.

Originally Posted by Prolific Sole

Originally Posted by notoriousniq

It sucks that they're more expensive now, but last time I checked, there isn't a Reeboktalk.com, so maybe Nike is a little justified in it. I mean, how fast did the space jams sell out? And you think that out of the goodness of their heart they should not charge $175 for them?

I get what your saying but that doesn't necessarily justify it. I don't agree with that logic at all.
Nike is a business. I don't like the prices, but if people will buy it, why not?

Back
Top Bottom