JAY-Z THE MOST OVERRATED RAPPER EVER

The only way Big L is NOT GOAT is because he only had 2 albums. (Remember he was killed at 24
smh.gif
)

Talent wise, he is definitely GOAT. (IMO) Just listening to the material that he did put out and the freestyles (icing on the cake) leaves me with no doubtthat he was the illest to ever touch a mic.

R.I.P Big L

I love how every other person in this thread is putting someone on *IGNORE*.
roll.gif

I didn't know it was that serious...

BTW, I'm a fan of Jay-Z, but I think he gets lazy on a lot of tracks & doesn't usually live up to his "title".

Originally Posted by ositodormilon

jay z is a legend in my eyes...but not the goat. people treat him like a hiphop god. hes nice but Nas is way better.

you wanna talk about overrated...2 PAC IS TRASH. how this guy ever gets GOAT consideration is rediculous to me. to each his own i guess.

Pac>Nas>Hov

Maybe he's not #1 when it comes to flow and lyrical abiliy but 2Pac ain't trash. Listen closely to his lyrics and messages, it's very potent. Neverheard any rappers who were more inspirational then Pac.

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

Originally Posted by DeeNyce

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

BIG L is GOAT IMO.

I can almost agree with that. He has a better chance than Jay-z IMO.
There is no way Big L is in that conversation.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by DeeNyce

BIG L is GOAT IMO.

I can almost agree with that. He has a better chance than Jay-z IMO.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

keep laughing, I'm going off facts like this track they did together. Big L > Jay-z
*edit* btw, this was when both were at their prime. (The Reasonable Doubt / Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous ERA)...let's be real, Jay-z's fame comes from his business success and marketing hype. Open your ears, not your eyes people.

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Most overated ? too easy.

Jay-Z.. I respect his business skills but come on... he's not that nice. RD and the blueprint are good albums but not GOAT material.
Nas.. sure illmatic was legendary but he fell off really hard and his music just isn't entertaining. Bad production.
2pac.. it seems everyone puts this guy up there like he is some sort of god.. no. He's not that nice at all.
Lil wayne..
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

dipset in general
indifferent.gif

kanye.. wack
gunit
indifferent.gif

soulja boy.. he's just making his money I guess. I don't consider this hip hop.
T.I..
laugh.gif

eminem.. ok, he's nice when he spits seriously but he has a lot of wack comedy type of garbage and there are lots of nicer white rappers. Apathy, Vinnie, RA the rugged man and many man more.
the south in general...gucci
indifferent.gif
come on, what happened to guys like the geto boys for example.

etc... most of mainstream in general. Guys like ghostface, big L, big Pun been doing it harder than anyone above.

Hip hip ain't dead, it's just underground.
You can't be **!@%+@ serious.

All Vinnie Paz talks about is violence and Islam...All R.A. raps about is being white and having sex...seriously he is one of the most one dimensional rappers ever. He had that verse about Vietnam that was decent. Apathy ,even though he's the nicest out of who you mentioned, is still sooooo many leagues below Eminem.

smh.gif

No. Vinnie raps about much more peep the first JMT album (when he was Ikon the Hologram). No way eminem is on his level. I doubt he could even comprehend it.
laugh.gif
R.A does have some wack songs, but come on, more than eminem ?
indifferent.gif
I think his rap skills as a whole are still better than eminem. Apathy would destroy eminem in a battle. He rips with the demigodz and has some sick punchlines with Celph Titled; and again, in terms of rap talent (flow, rhymes) I think he's better. Eminem just gets d-riden because he is looked as "the best" or "one of the few" white rappers. This is just my opinion though, and I do respect eminem (only when he is making serious songs) but I still put these guys above him in terms of better white rappers.
You ARE serious!
eyes.gif

1. There has got to be something wrong with your brain if you legitimately believe that Vinnie Paz is more skilled than Eminem.

2. Yes R.A. has many more wack songs than Em. Most of his catalog is weak...he only has a little name because he did 1 song with Biggie. (Which Biggie has said he only did for the money)

3. NO WAY IN HELL

And there's no need to name drop all these underground rapper's names...in an attempt to flex some sort of knowledge. I've already been through that phase.

I'm just using this as an example of the skill level between the two, not saying this was Jay-Z's best work. Regardless, IMO, His best works (RD etc) are still inferior to those of Big L and other rap "pioneers". That's why I feel he is so overrated.

If you have listened to all of the legendary hip hop albums including underground works and still feel Jay-Z is GOAT or top 5-10 then that's your opinion, but don't do so until you have. Most Jay-z stans from what I have seen have little knowledge about the rap "greats" and just go around holding Jay-z as some sort of rap god. That just annoys me.
Big L is NOT a rap pioneer...who the hell told you some %+@# like that? He wasn't even a pioneer of his own style.

Don't try to kick knowledge when you barely know what you're saying.

Thank You!! I thought I was the only one trippin' off of that statement. Respect to Big L he was fairly nice (freestyle,battling,etc.), but a pioneer?Let's be real...

Okay, maybe "pioneer" was the wrong word, I meant that he was highly influential and impacted the styles of many future artists. He wasn't apioneer in developing rap in general since he came later but he did help expand on the "mafioso rap" style that Kool G Rap created and IMO he did itthe best.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

qzrsjo.jpg

HE'S MAD!
roll.gif
The thing is, I don't even know what he is talking about or why he would be mad.

I was agreeing with him by saying that Jay-Z doesn't live up to his title as the greatest. That's trolling?
indifferent.gif

I'm still confused.
roll.gif

Some of ya'll dudes need to loosen those backpack straps
laugh.gif
The radio isn't evil. I went through that phase my sophmore year and I cut it out cause Irealized I was depriving myself of some quality music.

Plan 4 President tho
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Okay, maybe "pioneer" was the wrong word, I meant that he was highly influential and impacted the styles of many future artists. He wasn't a
pioneer in developing rap in general since he came later but he did help expand on the "mafioso rap" style that Kool G Rap created and IMO he did it
the best.

QFT, Big L might even be more overrated than Jay, (as i mentioned earlier in the thread), i hate to speak bad about the diseased but unfortunately it's whyhe's so hyped. L was one of the most TALENTED emcees to EVER grace the mic, dude was FAR from a pioneer though
laugh.gif
, I wish we were able to have seen himput out another LP('s).
smh.gif
he didn't though, dude falls into the same category as Pun, blessed on the mic,
smh.gif
at the dudes who throw them into the top5 though, unfair to them and their legacy's? Certainly, but that's just how it is.

^Cause it didn't make sense. That track NEVER made sense to me. Dudes act like Jay-Z got his punchlines from other rappers. Jay's illest lines camefrom Jay, plain and simple. How you try to call ONE person out for using something someone else used...in Hip-Hop [\i]? Try again tho. I'm feelinopen-minded
smile.gif

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Okay, maybe "pioneer" was the wrong word, I meant that he was highly influential and impacted the styles of many future artists. He wasn't a
pioneer in developing rap in general since he came later but he did help expand on the "mafioso rap" style that Kool G Rap created and IMO he did it
the best.

QFT, Big L might even be more overrated than Jay, (as i mentioned earlier in the thread), i hate to speak bad about the diseased but unfortunately it's why he's so hyped. L was one of the most TALENTED emcees to EVER grace the mic, dude was FAR from a pioneer though
laugh.gif
, I wish we were able to have seen him put out another LP('s).
smh.gif
he didn't though, dude falls into the same category as Pun, blessed on the mic,
smh.gif
at the dudes who throw them into the top 5 though, unfair to them and their legacy's? Certainly, but that's just how it is.

I know what you meant but this made me laugh so hard...
roll.gif
I'm prettysure you meant deceased...

yoo.. this dude is an attention ++%$@; but yo what that sad I just realized Rakim & Jigga are the same age.

Damn I coud've swore up & down that Rakim was way or just atleast a few years older then Jig.
Smh at father time lol

Back
Top Bottom