Jay Z says 'My presence is charity', compares self to Obama in response to Harry Belafonte's critici

before people go all out jay has done two things really good he built that water tower in africa and he made alot of thousanda ires maybe a few millionaires. Im pretty sure roc nation employee population is way more black than white. IMO thats enough for me, I dont even care about jay touching and giving back to the hood. Son spent his first 15 years in the game feeding alot of the hood. Celebs need to get off his jock, deniro was salty last year too

Jay-Z thinks highly of himself? Nah get outta here. He is just a humble artist who calls himself Hova and hangs out with Yeezus.

What do you guys expect. The guy is ignorant and uneducated. I saw him once at a public forum (pbs) and the guy was scared and looked and sounded like a little boy wanting it to end. He is a great rapper but thats about it. Should he do more for his community and donate like bill gates and buffet? Yes...but unfortunately he doesnt care as much.

Last edited:
i got nothin bad to say about jay z but that j**** is definitely not my inspiration lol.
i aint even met that j****.

Uh oh. Someone is here to challenge Deuce King and Antidope for Biggest Hov Stan.
laugh.gif

:lol: Belanfonte is a ho but Jay dissed him on media that white men made platinum. The lack of respect is crazy and the generational gap is apparent. If Belafonte didn't call Jay out you think he and Beyonce would have appeared at the Martin rally? He stands for nothing and never has.

Yeah. Not a good look having these two go at each other through the media.

I agree Belafonte should have talked to Jay privately instead of calling him out in the media but Jay comparing himself to Obama and saying his presence alone is charity is ridiculous but not at all surprising at this point.

It's not about giving back to the hood. Never said it was. It was about using your position in society as a podium to address issues the community faces like a Belafonte did. Building a water tower is good and all, but how does that help people here? How about rapping about the disproportionate sentencing in drug cases or prison population? These are things that guys like Talib talk about but don't have the influence Jay has.

Jay-Z aint no inspiration. In LA I grew up around more talented people and they didnt make it. I knew dudes who could ball better than Gilbert Arenas (Grant HS) and Jordan Farmer (Birming HS) but unfortunately they didnt have the grades or got into trouble. Jay-z was just at the right place at the right time. Eminem too. What if he wouldnt have gone to the Rap Olympics lol Rappers are like actors it is just a crap shoot. Education and good grades gives people better odds at success. Rapping? Come on man! Dr.Dre will sign Will Smiths son Jaden to a record deal before he signs the next Biggie/Rakim/2Pac growing up in Chicago or Memphis.

Why is there a brother up north better than Jordan who didnt get that break?

I completely agree with Jay Z on this one.  Between his past life and importantly his presence in hip hop and his lyrics he's presence is charity.  I know that sounds cocky and arrogant but to me it's a true statement.  If dudes actually listened to Jay's lyrics and what he's talking about they would see what I'm talking about.  His lyrics do give inspiration, his presence does give hope...............that's if you have a desire for hope to begin with.  I was at the Presidential inauguration in 2008 and in 2012, and in 2012 when he walked out of the halls of Congress with his wife to take his seat the crowd outside went wild.  That was a great moment for hip hop but more so a great moment for black people nationwide, besides the President getting re-elected again (shot out to ninjahood and the rest of his Republican brethren that failed by the way 
laugh.gif
)
Uh oh. Someone is here to challenge Deuce King and Antidope for Biggest Hov Stan.
"****** is cool with it till the cannon pop"

oh so yall really want jay to be tbe spearhead of the next black revolution son just started learning to respect women like ten years ago and he 40.

Jay-Z aint no inspiration. In LA I grew up around more talented people and they didnt make it. I knew dudes who could ball better than Gilbert Arenas (Grant HS) and Jordan Farmer (Birming HS) but unfortunately they didnt have the grades or got into trouble. Jay-z was just at the right place at the right time. Eminem too. What if he wouldnt have gone to the Rap Olympics lol Rappers are like actors it is just a crap shoot. Education and good grades gives people better odds at success. Rapping? Come on man! Dr.Dre will sign Will Smiths son Jaden to a record deal before he signs the next Biggie/Rakim/2Pac growing up in Chicago or Memphis.

How was he at the right place at the right time when he was his own boss?

How was he at the right place at the right time when he was his own boss?
If he was never home to get the boombox that his mom bought him for this birthday or if they didnt have a wooden kitchen table none of this would have ever happened. Right place right time.

wow how am I not surprised jay z thinks of himself as highly as the president and his presence being 'charity' when he goes around calling himself Hova and his fans drinking the water?
:rolleyes

I dont understand why anyone is expecting better out of a Ex Drug Dealer who has done next to no charity work in the past.

Back
Top Bottom